Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wtfhappened

Setup finally done.

57 posts in this topic

So, after some irl shit i had time to fix my setup and i'm finally done :> my plan was to hide all the cables.

Corsair K70 (MX RED)

Corsair MM200

Red Dragon Mouse

Corsair VOID

Samsung UHD (4K) 28" Monitor

Samsung Full HD (1080p) 24" Monitor

Graphite Series 230T Case

Intel Core i5 6600k @ 4,4ghz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Gigabyte Xtreme version

Asus z170 Pro Gaming Mainboard

Be Quiet Pure Rock

250gb Samsung SSD (only Windows)

2TB Western Digital Green

5gKEkVy.jpg

QY6dB1v.jpg

35hD02c.jpg

Pa517Up.jpg

o5zWJNd.jpg

yKULK5T.jpg

Edited by Wtfhappened
3 people like this

NIce

1 person likes this

im the only  guy here who playng on a piece of wood with 500 mb video card xD

Sweet machinery,just....i don't like table,looks like weak :D

Looks good.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Azi said:

Sweet machinery,just....i don't like table,looks like weak :D

Nah, i love ikea desks :>

not sure if you where aware of it, or just didnt care:

why did you choose a GTX 970 when (according to my knowledge) the 2 new released graphic cards (AMD's RX 480 and nvidea's GTX 1060) are better on performance (especially with aftermarket custom coolers) and in the same price range as the GTX 970. these 2 graphic cards are like top-tier for a low/mid-range budget

the 2 graphic cards are only out on their stock model and don't have aftermarket coolers (currently myself waiting for a release of an RX 480 aftermarket piece, but that will happen between end of this month and mid-august)

but the cards seem to perform better from what i can tell

21 hours ago, Kilydan said:

not sure if you where aware of it, or just didnt care:

why did you choose a GTX 970 when (according to my knowledge) the 2 new released graphic cards (AMD's RX 480 and nvidea's GTX 1060) are better on performance (especially with aftermarket custom coolers) and in the same price range as the GTX 970. these 2 graphic cards are like top-tier for a low/mid-range budget

the 2 graphic cards are only out on their stock model and don't have aftermarket coolers (currently myself waiting for a release of an RX 480 aftermarket piece, but that will happen between end of this month and mid-august)

but the cards seem to perform better from what i can tell

The point is i buyed the 970 before nvidia and amd announce the new gpu series. 

And its the gigabyte 970 xtreme version which is oc on: 054ccb26f88f129c310ec15ffed3872c.png

And another point is if the 970 dosent fit future games, i will upgrade to a another one, thats not the problem.

Edited by Wtfhappened

@Edit: The card still cost 540€ xD can't belive it.

93be78e0a8e383c991925e525a7ae162.png

i myself as i said will go for the 480, purely cuz its so easy to upgrade and scales alot better with next-gen games using directx12 (their performance boost is higher then any other new released card), + whenever i feel a single RX 480 aint enough i can always upgrade to a crossfire setup of the RX480 which is on price tag close to (maybe even abit lower) then the new released top-tier card the nvidea's 1080 + is equivelant/better in a crossfire setup then the single 1080:

(you can skip through the pages to see diffirent games (below is a selection box) to see how the crossfire performs compared to the 1080)
https://tweakers.net/reviews/4709/6/amd-radeon-rx-480-crossfire-vr-dx12-en-overklok-getest-alien-isolation-en-dragon-age.html

the current single RX 480 is around 280 euro's (multiplied by 2 for crossfire is thus 560 but with stock cooling) and the 1080 is 800+, so price/quality scaling/range its just the best for a cheap card i think :P (not trying to convince you to upgrade o the rx 480, but when you do it might be a good pick :P) 

(btw, the single 1060 (cheap version/competitor of amd's 480 ) cannot be used in a SLI so in that case (if you look to upgrade to very-heigh end RX 480 seems better :) )

Edited by Kilydan

13 minutes ago, Wtfhappened said:

@Edit: The card still cost 540€ xD can't belive it.

Me neither, and I do not understand either how can give someone so much money for card!This is huge scam,game and hardware industry hand to hand just forcing people to buy expensive stuff's in order to play newest games! :)

2 hours ago, Azi said:

Me neither, and I do not understand either how can give someone so much money for card!This is huge scam,game and hardware industry hand to hand just forcing people to buy expensive stuff's in order to play newest games! :)

well newer games are graphically just becoming better and better and thus requests more power from a graphic card, also (fi im correct) do you also pay for the technology and the research to make new chips etc for the cards and ofc the components/material used

but that's also the reason why AMD and NVIDEA released their "cheap" cards for high-end gaming, to give ppl with a lower budget a higher/better experience

a normal pre-builded shop ("gaming") pc costs here around 1000-1500 ish, and if you buy all components from that PC yourself, the costs would be around 700-900 ish, 

so buildign pc's yourself is gonna be cheaper mostlikely anw.

the current PCi builded did cost me around 500 euro's but i made it so i can upgrade whenever i want/need instead of buying a whole new pc., but i checked how much a "custom builded gaming pc version" from the store would cost me that had close, if not exactly the same compenents as my pc, but that PC did cost you around 800 euro's 

1 person likes this

If you're smart.... just wait 1-2 months more and the 1070/1060 will go down to 200$

9 hours ago, Azi said:

This card is xtreme overclocked... i can run the most games in 4k with middle-high settings cuz the i5 6600k supports the card good. I mean look at the clock 1531 thats very high for a 970 and the card is in load with max 60-68C°

AMD products are only good for heating lel, but an electric radiator consumes less power, so it doesn't worth the money.

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, Imi. said:

AMD products are only good for heating lel, but an electric radiator consumes less power, so it doesn't worth the money.

The CPU's are shit, but amd are the most used in consoles.... but yeha i dont like amd too especially their cpus.

AMD's new architecture called: chernobyl-return  kappa.

36 minutes ago, Wtfhappened said:

but amd are the most used in consoles

That's why most games on consoles look like st compared to their PC versions.

Xbox One is just a joke. PS4 is still ok, and some exclusives have hella good graphics, and my bro got one for 220 eur :v, but I still like PC more. (fk Sony and their exclusives tho)

Edited by Imi.
1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Wtfhappened said:

If you're smart.... just wait 1-2 months more and the 1070/1060 will go down to 200$

the thing is, i heard that nvidea or something doesn't support SLI anymore (not sure if that counted for the 1070, but did for the 1060) while the RX 480 i am gonna get does still support a dual setup and thus is a easy cheap upgrade for me later on

12 hours ago, Kilydan said:

the thing is, i heard that nvidea or something doesn't support SLI anymore (not sure if that counted for the 1070, but did for the 1060) while the RX 480 i am gonna get does still support a dual setup and thus is a easy cheap upgrade for me later on

I dont think so, but dont be stupid... buy nvidia card :-) 

23 hours ago, Wtfhappened said:

Or just go to the ESL One Cologne (i know its already over) and buy their version of the 1080 one for 429€ reduced from 949€ like me :P

But overall nice PC. :)

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, Ríu said:

Or just go to the ESL One Cologne (i know its already over) and buy their version of the 1080 one for 429€ reduced from 949€ like me :P

But overall nice PC. :)

Oh, thats cheap af :D

So, i'm acutally happy with my card it can the most games in 4k high-ultra: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_oNrkjWGfYMXCdX2ikfiuQ

But this cheap IKEA table ruins everything.

On 23.7.2016 at 2:17 AM, Ríu said:

But this cheap IKEA table ruins everything.

Still the best classic desk ;D

N6j1fus.jpg

Edited by Wtfhappened
1 person likes this

Eckenkind.