Cara

[Declined] PvP suggestions for the realm [Tournament]

25 posts in this topic

PvP suggestions for the realm [Tournament]

- bring back titles in 2v2 [this aint retail where people queue more 3v3 than 2v2, 2v2 is also the mainbracket on private server and deleting titles from 2v2 on a pserver makes pvp kinda dead and boring.

-implement catch-up system [cap resets 1x a week where you get 1700+ cq , depends on what rating you are. It literally makes the game unbalanced as hell, because you getting farmed left and right in 2v2 and 3v3 by full geard people. You basically have to wait 1 week for an item, that is kinda ridiculous and makes a lot of people quit the server. because they lose the motivation. Only way is to donate full gear and ofc not everyone has the money for it.

suggestion: implement catchup system in the middle of the season [same as retail does]. This season started on the 12th of march 2016 and it's sitll going now. That's 20weeks, 20 20 x ,1500 conquest. Thats arround 30k conquest, just like retail. Would be a good advantage for people who join the season late and still want to go for titles. Of course the catchup system would not only be on the realm tournament. it would be on every single one, to avoid unfairness. I highly doubt anyone would disagree with this feature, since 2v2 and 3v3 would get way more active. ATM the rating in 2v2 and 3v3 hasnt changend for months tue to the reason that a lot of people struggling of gertting gear. And if you get queues in 2v2 and 3v3, you always get the same people.

-change the starter zone mall [the mall atm is really small and the nps are really close to eachother, it's just confusing, also the teleport npc is getting ported left and right, that people sometimes have to search for him. I would suggest a place like Ironforge or stormwind for alliance and ogrimmar + x for Horde.

-make an extra mall for hunter pets.

-make glyphs instant

-higher the starter gold to 999k

-make professions instant

-add the ashran offparts for honor, they are missing atm.

-implement spectator npc

-implement ready crystals in arena. [It's a crystal in the prep room and if all of the players click on the crystal it will reduce the waiting time instantly to 15sec

-remove the repution npc and make all the gear for reputionless. It kinda make no sense that you have to accept the quest first to be able to by every piece which requires reputation.

-make a npc which sells mounts for gold. Currently you have to grind a mount somehow.

-make the deathknight runforge more clear, at the moment its just a small purple crystal, which most of people dont see and spending hours of their time to find it.

Kind Regards

Edited by Cara

true its time to make catch-up-cap 2s is pretty dead atm only same ppl waiting mostly 5-10mins to get a que at 3k rating, same for 3s waiting at 2,4k mmr mostly 5mins and if not its only the same ppl everytime who gets farmed and dodge then, make the server more enjoyable for new ppl so it will get more activ, imo there is no point to play on this server when u are new and want to get high in arena, good thing is also to take back in titels in 2s because its the main bracket on pservers (also clueless why u change the titels only to 3s in the MIDSEASON) do it at start otherwise a lot of ppl que for nothing if they are only going for titels, 3s is most likely only about farming +5 invites the whole day since u get dodged after u win a high team

Edited by djreck

I agree it's about time their implemented catch up cap. Impossible to actually achieve rating an have fun when you're getting farmed by no geared plebs.. This would benefit all. =)

1 person likes this

^

1 person likes this

my suggestion: delete that realm

2 people like this

How do I rep a post... lol

I can say, first hand, that I only ever log on for cap now. Not going to bother pushing 2k in 690 gear because it'll just become unnecessarily difficult when I want to cap later. Also, unless you are above 1550 rate, it will take you about 15 weeks to get fully geared which imo is a bit ridiculous.

Especially because Ashran isn't working properly... On live, you could literally go from 640 ilvl to at least 690/700 in a day if you tried hard enough...

@OP, from what I remember, there are no ashran off-pieces for combatant gear, only gladiator gear (makes things awkward but that's how it is).
I know another server with the ready crystals, but no-one ever uses them but I guess it's not a bad thing to at least have the option.

Otherwise, +1 for everything.

1 person likes this

Well you maybe forget it is a cross-realm so giving some of the suggested features to Tournament realm would not be fair to leveling realms.

1 person likes this

what is unfair at the points he explains?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, djreck said:

what is unfair at the points he explains?

Most of the suggestion he has about making things easy and instant, it's not like it's bad to make these, but it kills even the small portion of the game left to grind in Tournament. In fact I think that making things more of "instant" and never grind for something else than PvP gear would kill the vibe in my personal opinion.

1 person likes this

btw if u cant script catch-up cap properly what about 3 caps a week like some others servers do monday/wed/friday cap reset (on all servers obviously)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Vicdgaf said:

Well you maybe forget it is a cross-realm so giving some of the suggested features to Tournament realm would not be fair to leveling realms.

The other realms are not an "only pvp realm" so won't have these things won't make it unfair, it's a part of an "only pvp realm". Without this features there is not really any difrrence between the other realms. The real pvp players play mainly on tournament anyway.

53 minutes ago, Vicdgaf said:

Most of the suggestion he has about making things easy and instant, it's not like it's bad to make these, but it kills even the small portion of the game left to grind in Tournament. In fact I think that making things more of "instant" and never grind for something else than PvP gear would kill the vibe in my personal opinion.

Once again. Grinding on an "only pvp realm" should never be a thing. Playing arenas/rated bg's as fast as posibble with full gear. that's what does make a pvp server, not grinding gear for weeks or spending times on farming mounts/professions. You can do that on other realms.

2 people like this

or what about a catchup cap on every start of a month (ON ALL REALMS) for example 3-10.8  7-14.9  5-12.9  2-9.10 that untill seasonend

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, djreck said:

or what about a catchup cap on every start of a month (ON ALL REALMS) for example 3-10.8  7-14.9  5-12.9  2-9.10 that untill seasonend

or what about a catchup cap on every start of a month (ON ALL REALMS) for example 3-10.8  7-14.9  5-12.10  2-9.11 that untill seasonend

1 person likes this

I agree with this topic,When i was start play here Cap Cq was only 1500 Like every week's.

my suggestion, erase the started set , erase the proffesion mall, erase the transmog mall and erase the gold trader and the server work fine again.!

8 hours ago, eduardark said:

my suggestion, erase the started set , erase the proffesion mall, erase the transmog mall and erase the gold trader and the server work fine again.!

That sounds quite radical and won't be a step forward IMO.

When standing on the edge, it's better to take step back

Edited by nortrends

31 minutes ago, nortrends said:

When standing on the edge, it's better to take step back

How is Tournament standing on the edge ? :D It's only getting better, of course there are things that can get improved but nothing overall got worse since beggining of the realm.

Edited by Vicdgaf

It already provides benefits and advantages over other servers in crossrealm, and you people want even more advantages. Remove it from crossrealm then i won't care, or revert changes.

guy above me maybe just l2p instead of complaining cant see any advantages for tournament realm

Guy above you has primal glad title, so how about you "l2p". Can't see any? Well, how about lvl690 gear immidiately, for free, with PvP set bonuses and trinkets, while normally people get green 680ilvl, without trinkets, without PvP bonuses, that people need to spend gold (i.e time) to obtain them, not every piece is even obtainable, like rings/amulets etc. Enchants are also for free, and they are kind of expensive normally, so yet another time consuming activity in order to be on par with people from tournament. It creates situations where you see people with 200k hp from normal servers in battlegrounds, because they have no gear, and no way to even get PvP trinkets other than do PvP. 3500 honor to get -15% dmg reduction, which provides HUGE survivality boost, that tournament has for free.
And the problem continues - 95% tournament players are alliance (human, anyone?), that means horde in bgs have low gear players, while alliance don't have that issue. Try playing 7vs10.

so ppl on other realms can do pve what we obviously cant on tournament other realms can do ashran and get blue s2 faster than tournament ppl ???

btw gratz to primal cant see you on the ladder tho xdxd

btt its about making it better and more caps make it better for every realm

Edited by djreck

Why you can't? Dungeons not working, boss is not spawning? It's just matter of number of people. Delete tournament from crossrealm, and you can have 255lvl and 5000% mastery for all i care.

Locking this thread until a decision is taken. 

Archived due to inactivity.