Followers 0
Imi.

[Declined] World Chat Rules

-   9 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think about it?

• Everything is perfect. Kappa
    • The rules are too strict. AND STUPID
    • Just some GMs are too strict.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

Sooo..

Lately I'm active again in-game, mostly on WoD, and I've noticed that the new world chat rules are beginning to have their impact :P And more players are beginning to notice it :P

Some players say that it's just the GMs, and tbh sometimes I can see why, but I'm not really with them.

Anyway, it doesn't really affect me. Just haven't seen anyone talking about it lately + All my old comments (about the rules [after the May 10 update]) are hidden/deleted, so why shouldn't I post a topic.. lel

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SCREENS: ( I don't have too much xD )

Illustrate - Today.

Spoiler

cLUSihA.jpgk0FeWor.jpgf9JV9Qg.jpgH2zOV51.jpg
8t1VUnr.jpgnZbwWuh.jpgCvgmRXB.jpgSKaaQlt.jpg1qKO7U5.jpgQIyMAgR.jpgNgAXHSa.jpgNF7bTDd.jpg

A Russian player. - K, it's the GM's fault too.

Spoiler

MYKShdW.jpg

A player who was too exaggerated with the channel rules xD :

Spoiler

wCZx6ch.jpgOm4JDJk.jpgpoWXOuR.jpg7BNBdkM.jpgLpe3p0D.jpgPKbuWAH.jpgkA57xt2.jpgdW5jVqM.jpg3f7HljA.jpg6grF4j4.jpg

THESE SCREENS WEREN'T POSTED TO HAVE EFFECT ON ANYONE.

Again: I'm not blaming the trials, or any GMs, but it would be nice if they were told to not kick players for any random bs (po, you can see above... LEL), and would ask players to just "pls stop spamming or i will wreck you" AFTER THE SECOND LINE WHICH LOOKS LIKE THIS OMG!!!!!! copy-paste AND THIS COMPLETE BS WOULD BE OFFED

And this would be clarified in the rules: "After writing 4-5 lines in a row on the wolrd/staff chat in a minute you will get kicked, after you've been kicked, and you do it again, you will get muted"

Thanks for reading!

Pls, no drama here, you will only get the topic deleted. Thanks.

Edited by Imi.
POLL

After submiting this, I just put the game on full screen to see what's going on :D

EDIT: ( ~8 out of 10 kicks were still completely fair though)

http://imgur.com/a/oQq6j

Edited by Imi.

Greetings!

The way how you take the screenshots so the player seems absolutely innocent and GM as the biggest bully is really nice. 

Anyway, back to the topic. If you read the rules properly, you should know that kick out of channel is considered as warning. Player after channel kick can relog and is able to join the world again without any further punishment. No need to take kick tragically. It is alert for you that if you will continue with rules abusing, you will be punished.

About "warnings in world chat". Unfortunately, as a GMs we are able to write into the world chat only very occasionally. Besides that, writing as a GM or better warning player in the world channel will often cause only hate, flood and leads to more punishments. Personally, when I kick somebody for language or excessive amount of announcements I will also send him a whisper about reason and ask him to stop explaining the rules. That is not our duty, it is just my good will. Of course, players who spam, flood or insult do not deserve this and they are just kicked. Also I want to point to fact that I tolerate the caps (what is abusing the chat rules) in Ashran boss and other raids announcements.

And finally about "flooding". You should learn to put all your thoughts to one message in world chat. There is no need to put one or two words into each message. That is considering flooding, even when it does not excess 5 lines. Besides that, after my kick from the channel, player returns and starts to blame me and also starts to provoke by writing only 3 lines ended with sentence: "Do not worry, Silae. I will not excess the 3 lines rule. It cannot be flood."  

If you do not like our rules for world channel, feel free to leave the world channel or to flood, spam in your guild chat for example. Just somewhere where you will not annoy other players.

Sincerely,
Game Master Silae.

Edited by Silae
1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Silae said:

The way how you take the screenshots so the player seems absolutely innocent and GM as the biggest bully is really nice. 

Where do you see that? I'm sorry if it looks like that.. I tried to SS the whole conversation in all cases. I've also told that I'm not aiming to "OMG LOOK WHAT DID THAT GM DO" I'm trying to tell that the rules are stupid af + they should be explained properly to both, GMs (what actions to take) & players.

53 minutes ago, Silae said:

Anyway, back to the topic. If you read the rules properly, you should know that kick out of channel is considered as warning. Player after channel kick can relog and is able to join the world again without any further punishment.

Yea, I know, I got kicked many times in the past.

So you're saying that a player can get warned for nothing is completely OK..?

54 minutes ago, Silae said:

No need to take kick tragically. It is alert for you that if you will continue with rules abusing, you will be punished.

Yea, that's the problem, depends on what do you consider "abusing" :D

55 minutes ago, Silae said:

Unfortunately, as a GMs we are able to write into the world chat only very occasionally.

That's also not good.

55 minutes ago, Silae said:

warning player in the world channel will often cause only hate, flood and leads to more punishments.

Well, if a player makes hate comments on you, and starts to flood because you told them to stop with the anal jokes, they deserve mute or channel ban, not channel kick lol. Really, if a player is on that level, it will be only better if we get rid of them. 

Spoiler

2-ways explanation, hope you like it lelele

56 minutes ago, Silae said:

Personally, when I kick somebody for language or excessive amount of announcements I will also send him a whisper about reason and ask him to stop explaining the rules. That is not our duty, it is just my good will.

Yeah, ^, all GMs should do that lel.

57 minutes ago, Silae said:

Also I want to point to fact that I tolerate the caps (what is abusing the chat rules) in Ashran boss and other raids announcements.

Basically, you're allowing the players to not follow the current rules by doing that. What's just a good point 4u. & the topic is about that it should be fully legit 4u to do that.

57 minutes ago, Silae said:

If you do not like our rules for world channel, feel free to leave the world channel or to flood, spam in your guild chat for example. Just somewhere where you will not annoy other players.

-

On 2016. 08. 19. at 11:40 AM, Imi. said:

Anyway, it doesn't really affect me.

-

I wasn't kicked in the past few months.

AGAIN: I'm not aiming to the GMs nor I do blame them. I'm talking about the rules, and ther effects. The screen shots are just examples.

Vote option #3 is there because some players say that it's just the GMs, and the Russian player's case is an example for that.:

Some players say that it's just the GMs

and tbh sometimes I can see why

but I'm not really with them

I hope you understand me now.

Greetings again!

I will make this clear. We will NOT change the world chat rules. They are as we want to them to be. 

Players are not kicked for "nothing". It depends on Game Master decision what he consider abusing our rules - Code of Conduct.
If player thinks that his punishment was not fair, he can write a report to Head Game Master or to Executive Game Master on our forums via PM.
Any possible "GM power abuse" cases will be judged individually. There is no need to change the channel rules.

By the way, to your answers... Not everytime you see a kick from world channel there is just a kick. If it is repeated offense, we mute the player right after kick.

I will close this thread. If you want to report GM, you can use the process described above.

Kind regards,
Game Master Silae