Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cyph1n

New gaming laptop - Help required

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I was thinking of getting a new laptop soon. At the moment I have a Asus X555LA (the i5 one) and I can't decide which laptop to go for in my price range.

My price range is about €1,000/$1113/£900 ±

I've been leaning towards the Asus ROG GL552VW-DH74 but I'm not sure cause some reviews have had problems with memory and the graphics.

I know a desktop PC would be much better but as I move every couple of months I can't carry around a desktop PC.

I basically want to be able to play WoW, LoL, Dota, Smite, Paladins, Warframe, CSGO, ... on max if not high settings. At the moment I play some games on the lowest settings :(

Anyone with a good laptop or knows of one that would be perfect for me and that doesn't have loads of problems please let me know.

Thanks for any assitance :)

Wow, laptops are soo overpriced.

GTX960M is just barely enough for serious gaming and the laptop costs almost $1,2K WTF

Tbh, can't find a better laptop (in specifications) than the one you've linked with around the same price.

Checked on: amazon.jp , gearbest.com and even arukereso.hu lol. Requirements were always: 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, I7, Min.15" screen1080p, Max $1100.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy a laptop that isn't from https://www.msi.com/Laptops/ or http://store.asus.com/us/category/A17602, I'd still compare that ASUS one with some MSIs (if you haven't already) and decide what do I need :P

But I know a cool YT (not english) channel that does laptop reviews and mentions every laptop's every petty problems, I'll check on it this week and tell you if I've found a decent one :P

1 person likes this

Thanks @Imi. I had a look at MSI but didn't see any as good as the one I suggested. The guy I live with has a similiar laptop but an older Asus model. His laptop is heavy as hell xD Probably the heaviest laptop I've ever picked up lol.

Just to add to this, I looked at the MSI GE62 and was actually thinking of maybe going for this rather. Then I saw some reviews. After 6+ months people start having quite a few problems with it and to send it back to MSI you have to pay for the shipping ect :/

So looks like it's the Asus again xD

1 person likes this

If I don't get any other suggestions I'll probably buy this in about 2/3 weeks time.

Bought the laptop last night \\:D// Just need to wait for it to be delivered from 'murica. Between the 1st-10th November. Hopefully sonner ;)

1 person likes this

The laptop got delieverd today :D but I need an adapter as it's an American charger xD dammit :'(

So will have to wait more to be able to use it. I would use my current laptop's charger but it's a different voltage and the new one needs more then this one can supply.

I'll take some picutres when I get an adapter ;)

On 10/10/2016 at 8:28 PM, Cyph1n said:

Hi everyone.

I was thinking of getting a new laptop soon. At the moment I have a Asus X555LA (the i5 one) and I can't decide which laptop to go for in my price range.

My price range is about €1,000/$1113/£900 ±

I've been leaning towards the Asus ROG GL552VW-DH74 but I'm not sure cause some reviews have had problems with memory and the graphics.

I know a desktop PC would be much better but as I move every couple of months I can't carry around a desktop PC.

I basically want to be able to play WoW, LoL, Dota, Smite, Paladins, Warframe, CSGO, ... on max if not high settings. At the moment I play some games on the lowest settings :(

Anyone with a good laptop or knows of one that would be perfect for me and that doesn't have loads of problems please let me know.

Thanks for any assitance :)

Uhm I dno how much razer blade it but I'd suggest that if it cost about that :P

Oh I see you bought it already :( Razer blade is also good because you can buy a desktop G card and use it externally:p Not sure if I heard or read right but I think you can use other PC parts too like RAM and stuff but youd need to buy that other thing with it xD

Edited by Mindmydeath
1 person likes this