MiWo

mop Siege of Orgrimmar : Thok the Bloodthirsty

29 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I'm pleased to announce the release of the 11th boss from Siege of Orgrimmar, Thok the Bloodthirsty, on our Public Test Realm 5.4.8.

WoWScrnShot_101316_111922.jpg.9b54ed3340

Feel free to report any bug you'll find on this boss, to let us fix it before the upcoming release.

Have a good game !

6 people like this

Nice work

Trash Reset timer is soo fast... we killed trash and they Respawn in  2-3 min pliz fix

Thanks for your feedbacks. Some changes will be done soon.

The Siegecrafter Blackfuse cinematic will loop when players approach the Siegecrafter's door.

Thok Bloodthirsty does not generate energy whatsoever.
Spell Shock Blast targets every raid member instead of few.

@spidermonkey : Please, use the Siegecrafter Blackfuse topic for this report. ;)

Thanks for reporting, curahee. I've fixed (but not applied yet) the energy bug, and I'll look about the Shock Blast.

Hello,

I've made some fixes:

• Cave bats are now scripted,
  • Respawn time for adds has been increased,
  • The boss can now stack more than 6 Deafening Screech,
  • Deafening Screech stacks are reset when boss goes into P2,
  • The boss dies when defeated instead of going alive full life,
  • Bloodied debuff is now correctly applied on players below 50% health,
  • Fixed health of the boss in 25 normal
  • Only on PTR, to make P2 tests easier, you can activate P2 with only two players (10 or 25nm).

I still need to fix the boss door, and the Shock Blast targetting everybody. The boss has no loot for the moment, also. Changes will be applied on next PTR restart, that is in few minutes.

1 person likes this

Weekend we will report more bugs. :)

Thok:

1st phase:

Thok’s energy is buggy, sometimes when he reaches 100 energy it stops and thok doesnt use deafening screech and energy remains at 100, We noticed this happens if we wipe and try to kill the boss again and if someone taunts the boss. On our first try it didnt happen. (This is happening after the fix u did to the energy gaining still)

When we wipe whilst fighting thok, the trash mobs reset along with the boss, while only the boss should reset.

On the second phase, fixate is buggy because although thok movement speed increases , you can trap him on the side of the room and he wont move and when he is casting fixate he doesn’t move fluidly, he stutters making it easier to kite him.

On second phase when thok eats warmaster montak, the ability burning blood doesnt work. It does the 85k supposed damage to random players but it does not leave a pool of fire on the floor.

Another issue is that after we trigger second phase once and go back to 1st phase after opening 1 chamber with a prisioner, the next second phase we trigger will not allow us to open any of the remaining 2 rooms with prisioners even though we have the key, thus not allowing us to go back to phase 1.

Edited by Abolished
1 person likes this

Hi everybody,

I've made several fix for Thok, which will be applied on PTR on next restart, in few minutes. The problem about the door to Thok isn't related to Thok but to Spoils of Pandaria, which wasn't seen as "done", and so the doors remained closed. I've made a fix, but you'll have to redo this boss in order to be registered and so the doors will be opened when you come back.

Otherwise, here are the latest fixes :

• Burning blood will now leave a fiery zone on the ground,
  • 5 stacks of Icy Blood will now turn you into Ice Tomb,
  • Trashs won't respawn after a wipe,
  • Energy should be fine now,
  • Thok moving problems should be solved,
  • Prisonners should now exit correctly from prisons,
  • Acceleration stacks are now removed when Thok enters P2,
  • Thok should eat players more easily (he was looking for them in a too small radius),
  • Abilities givent by Gorai and Montak were inverted, this is fixed,
  • Bonus Loot is fixed (however, has loots aren't available for the moment, it can't be tested).

About this :

On 22/10/2016 at 8:14 PM, Abolished said:

the next second phase we trigger will not allow us to open any of the remaining 2 rooms

I've seen some problems when trying to open the room ; the gear looks like you can open the door, but it doesn't open. In fact, you have to move a bit to be able to open it. I'll try to look why and fix it.

4 people like this

por que no esta en LEGION? en el reino de sylvanas!!!

menuda estafa tanto tiempo esperando este boss para nada

Why is not LEGION? In the kingdom of sylvanas !!! Too much scam so long waiting for this boss for nothing.

It's a MoP boss, it's normal the first release is on MoP. Don't worry, it will be put on Legion later.

Testing Video

1: we can fear-stun boss 

2: boss aoe dmg fierst phase hit very low 

3:Second phase bug, when boss fixed some one. boss move rly FAST. 

I would like to add to what Namepalla reported, that if you move Thok through the hall heading towards the chamber of Spoils the boss resets and stops targeting players nor casting abilities, unless you get to melee range again, if so boss begins only autoattacking. Also the casting stacks from first phase do not reset. 

We'll add up some updates as soon as we can prove that the damage from both flames and venom prisioners' dots are just to high or if the casting stacks not reseting have to do anything with it. 

Also, being able to cc Thok is quite annoying if even your own stormbolt drops your own agro e.e

Hi everybody,

Some corrections have been done on the PTR version (and will be applied on liver version soon) :

• Deafening Screech damages aren't affected by armor anymore
  • Correction for Shock Blast, which sometimes wasn't working anymore after a wipe,
  • Thok can now go through all the room, until the door,
  • Prisonners now despawn after being eaten,
  • Fix orientation problem in P2, where Thok was moving/turning in a jerky way,
  • Thok sn't melee attacking anymore during P2,
  • Fix Bloody Frenzy stacks, which were sometimes reset during P2,
  • Fix Kor'kron Jailer, who wasn't lootable in 25 normal mode,
  • Added loots (only for PTR version)

Feel free to report if you see any other bug on this boss.

5 people like this

Nice work, thanks MiWo

when can you guys fix the bonus loot bug ? on all bosses

Bonus loot bug? Btw this is a post that concerns thok, follow the topic, if you find any bugs use the bugracker :) 

not the right topic but when will come the next MoP Changelog ?

I'm blind or cant find it ?

wasnt it said on start of every month there will be a changelog excuse me if im wrong.

After testing today we found out a little issue with certain cc spell interrupting or canceling Deafening Screech... (Stormbolt ftw)
We also believe that the issue is skills not recognizing Thok as a boss. As you can see in the following images srqai.jpg  srq5p.jpg 

the top damage from this warrior's stormbolt is 200k while the usual damage from bursting and trinkets procs is 1M+ 

We are not done with testing and will look further tonight to test if any other abilities besides stormbolt cancel the ability.

Hello miwo, the boss is working well we just killed him today in 25 man. 

But theres an issue. Blood frenzy doesnt reset after each fixate phase, so in the end he has like 30+ stacks and moves so fast its almost impossible to run.

7 hours ago, Abolished said:

Hello miwo, the boss is working well we just killed him today in 25 man. 

But theres an issue. Blood frenzy doesnt reset after each fixate phase, so in the end he has like 30+ stacks and moves so fast its almost impossible to run.

Hi,

This following bug isn't happening always, i haven't noticed a particular thing, so i would say it happens randomly;

Also sometimes after phasing to phase 2 and going back to phase 1, bosss won't trigger phase 2 again and will destroy the raid.     

1 person likes this

Also when you kite thok aroung 20-23 fixate marks, they will reset to zero. Seems like no-one has pointed that out