• Announcements

• Ouroboros

Are you protected ?   11/05/18

Your account security is important, read our guideline here :   
    • Otacon

International Game Master Recruitment — Sethraliss & Sylvanas & Garrosh and Gul'dan   06/23/19

Firestorm International is looking for Game Masters for Sethraliss, Sylvanas, Garrosh and Gul'dan. We're currently looking for members from all regions that wish to join our staff team. Each Game Master will be providing assistance to players through Forums, Discord and In-game tickets. Remember that there are requirements for the position. By signing up for the position you will gain experience with working in a team, and much more. Please put an effort into your application as we provide the general format for you and all you do is have to fill it in. Click here to read the requirements and apply!
    • Otacon

New Graphic Ideas   07/29/19

If you are a Graphic Designer and want to volunteer to help the International Firestorm Staff with creating contents, make sure to take a look on that topic here.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PissedPeon

Relesed for real? I'd call this Beta at best...

2 posts in this topic

Ok, this will be harsh, sorry (kind-of)...

First off, kudos to being the 1st to release Legion on a private server - quite a feat, but still...

How did you guys determine that this expansion was ready for 'release'?  This is realistically still an 'alpha' status by most standards - 'beta' at best.  There are a large number of bugs in every zone that I've been in - so many that I can't imagine any competent QA would have missed them or deemed them acceptable.  Several of them share similar gameplay mechanics, leading me to believe some core quest mechanics still need work.

Levelling is a nightmare.  I know you want people to donate and buy lvl 100, but have some pity/pride on content under that threshold...  Are you trying to piss questers off, or just want them to grind mobs to gain XP?  Every zone I've been in has bugs - some are so badly bugged that they're effectively unplayable.  Want a shitty experience that will drive players away? That's #1 on the list.  If you don't address this soon (or bump the XP rate to x7-x10), players will soon leave to whatever company releases the next private Legion realm that actually has a viable questing experience.

Speaking of mobs...what's with that?  Multiple mobs spawn where there should only be one, and when they all aggro, it's a guaranteed death.  

As far as levelling rates are concerned, what's with the gross disconnect between character XP rate (x5) and profession XP rate (x1)?  From a player trying to level profs along with a toon, I have to spend 3x longer in a zone (or more) to keep my professions in line with my character level.

Which brings me to my next issue - returning to your corpse.  No flight-form when ghost and trying to return and respawn? In Outland, I can understand - even Northrend (to an extent), buy in Cata and beyond?  That's insane. 

Speaking of critical issues, what's the deal with guilds?  Create a guild, and GM gets 'removed' as soon as they log off.  Guild bank is randomly wiping all items that have been stored.  Calendar events don't work.  How did this pass QA?

What is the point of reporting bugs at this point?  Several of these issues have been reported and up-voted already, but let me ask the question - wouldn't it be easier to report what ACTUALLY WORKS???

-Frustrated, ignored peon that hasn't paid Firestorm $$$ for stuff (yet).

2 people like this

1. Thanks for the kudos but we werent first, we were like third or something :P

2.If you compare a private server to retail or an expansion that is 8-10 years old, this is most definitely something like an early alpha build. The game has been out for about 3 months now? It took WoTLK realms almost a decade to just get 99% of the quests working and that was during a time where 90% of the quests were "kill x or grab y items". But every Cataclysm-MoP are in a state of beta as you would call it and WoD - Legion is in a state alpha. This is just the consequence of not having ca 500x developers on hand to fix things within a few months.. There is a limit on how fast developers can work, If an expansion would be released when its 90% fixed, the past 3 expansions wouldnt exist.

3. The QA team tests things we have worked on, they dont test the entire game, theres a handful of QA testers, theres a decade worth of content to test each expansion, that would take months and months of 10 hours per day to test properly, you need to test race and class combinations for every race and class (36 specs, 12 classes, 11 races).. This isnt something we are going to ask from a QA team who is voluntering to do things.

4. If the objective was to make people donate then purposefully breaking things / not fixing things is an absolutely terrible idea, you would be scaring away the person, not giving an incentive to donate. As the dedicated quest developer i can assure you, we arent pissing on anyone, theres over 25k quests in the game (according to the database at least, not going to lookup how many quests are actually active and not dailys right now :P) My priority was to get Azsuna up and working so people could quest to 110 without grinding mobs (or with other words, Legion quests). Quests are heavily scripted now, a questline today is more scripted than a boss in the older expansions, things takes time.

But i dont take leveling lightly, if theres a big issue that hampers leveling, i will definitely take a look at it and put it high up in my to-do list, this is where the beautiful bugtracker works very well and if you are impatitent, remember, reporting an issue takes a minute, fixing that issue can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 days (depends on the issue ofc), theres a shit load of content in the game and no server has the developers to take care of all of the issues players have because remember, you are not alone, theres tens of thousands of you, even if we fix everything you deem a priority (which might not be possible since perspective changes and your gamebreaking issue might not be as gamebreaking tomorrow) and someone elses opinion on priority is probably different, you might want every quest in Feralas fixed, someone else might want his Campaign quest in Order hall to be completely working, Just because you bug report something doesnt mean we will drop everything and work on that, it might be weeks or months before we can get to it. 

TL:DR

There is something you got to understand before starting a topic like this, the expansion is a few months old, the server isnt even a month old, dont expect miracles, we are working as fast as we can, personally sometimes not even sleeping (as people from beta or the discord can testify), blizzard has hundreds of developers working for years, we are a handfull of developers been working for a few months. Report things, even if you dont feel like we arent looking, we are, just remember that there are tens of thousands of you, theres a few of us.

2 people like this