• Announcements

Thrandul

What are the responsibilities of Game Masters

22 posts in this topic

Well, How can i start to topic don't know. I wanted many times technical support in game from game masters -> They all the time says: Bug tracker same as parrot. If you guys always will say -> use bug tracker, bug tracker, bug tracker -> what are u guys doing in game ? Do you guys reporting problems to dev ? NO ( we are doing that things already ) Do u guys helping to somebody ? No ( we are already using bug tracker. ) Why there are many game masters and what are their responsibilities ? If DEVS will fix everything -> i will be more happy to see in game support their existance. 

2 people like this

So let me explain this.

GMs are the overseers of World of Warcraft and watch over a server to solve problems, disputes, and sometimes punish people disobeying the Terms of Use policy

They can't help you solve/fix bugs and they have strict rules they must follow. 
So mostly our Game Masters are like the yellow parrot you see. They all love pirates! :D

parrot_1479299c.jpg

Edited by Spartan

GMs are the overseers of World of Warcraft and watch over a server to solve problems, disputes, and sometimes punish people disobeying the Terms of Use policy

Problem of what ? 

Dispute and punish ? Are u sure about that ? I didn't see any punishing yet and your "ban topic" is still empty under of forum.

Let me explain-> There is a option in game " You guys call it -> "Help" <- help of what ? show the way of bug tracker ?

By the way there are many overseers who u guys call "GM" who i call "useless" staff.  

Edited by Thrandul
1 person likes this

Well we ain't Blizzard that is for sure. So you can't expect our Game Masters to be like theirs. At the end of the day being a blizzard employ is a full time job. Being a Firestorm Game Master is purely out of love for the server(for most of the game masters).

Pretty much a Game Master is a moderator in-game, but honestly they are moderating the forums too cuz they are cool peepz and I'm lazy :D

Edited by Spartan

Technical support -> Forum

Bugs -> Bugtracker

Cheating -> Report on forum

Stuck in a dungeon and unstuck didn't work? Ask a GM, they might move you, they might not.

See the guy flaming in chat? Well now you don't see it anymore cause he was muted. By a GM.

See the one being a racist or xenophobe? Not anymore, muted or even banned by a GM.

A GM cannot fix a bug. A GM cannot give you technical support. Why can't they fix bugs? Because they need access to the code. It's not their job. Why can't they give you technical support? Because the chat space is limited and you can;t provide screenshots to make it easier.

I am telling that ! Don't u guys understand it. They are doing "Nothing" <- just nothing. Leave the game alone because game is working already by itself and with devs. Game don't need to game masters. Transfer game masters to forum team. 

Edited by Thrandul

Well they are helping enough with the Forum as it is. We need some more forum moderators thou. Who will bannhammer all those folks who break our rules in-game if not them :)

Basically GM's work as Expert system. You ask them query they respond according to their knowledge base.

Gm can retrieve the lost items and give you via mail but I have never seen a gm give item to anyone on firestorm in last 3-4 years so maybe they are just avoiding conflict issues. (which is actually very good since there are tons of people who will try to scam or ask for any small item ETC). 

To be honest I have very good experience with high GM's they can solve your problem if you give them time and show some patience.

They can solve guild issues(guild leader change etc). Can help you in old raids/dungeon if your stuck somewhere. (Don't ask them to kill someone for you but if you are not able to get to platform of boss or some door is locked which was previously working and is scripted then they can give you feather to get to platform or open door.). If you are stuck in place and No other option is working then they can even teleport you. One of the main things they look after is punishing players who are exploiting or using bugs. In short they can do tons of things. 

As I already said it all depends on their rank/power and knowledge. Most of the new GM will only tell you that report on bugg tracker or they are not able to help(in polite words) . And we have many GM who will say those things BUT if your problem is serious I am sure it will get addressed by High gm. If any gm is not able to solve your problem,  then he keeps your ticket open and higher ranked gm addresses it later. One thing you need to understand is they are not employees they are not getting paid and they are doing it only for helping community they don't have any personal gain in this. It is possible that you can find gm who have less knowledge than you about game but that doesn't mean they are useless. Give them time if they are able to solve your issue they will definitely solve it. We don't have hundreds of high ranked GMs who can solve all your problems . And no one becomes high gm when they start so they learn through their experience. So just help them as much as you can without complaining :).

1 person likes this

mom get the camera, i need to take a picture of these people's name's and find them in game...

Edited by seanha2858

7 hours ago, Criste said:

Basically GM's work as Expert system. You ask them query they respond according to their knowledge base.

Gm can retrieve the lost items and give you via mail but I have never seen a gm give item to anyone on firestorm in last 3-4 years so maybe they are just avoiding conflict issues. (which is actually very good since there are tons of people who will try to scam or ask for any small item ETC). 

To be honest I have very good experience with high GM's they can solve your problem if you give them time and show some patience.

They can solve guild issues(guild leader change etc). Can help you in old raids/dungeon if your stuck somewhere. (Don't ask them to kill someone for you but if you are not able to get to platform of boss or some door is locked which was previously working and is scripted then they can give you feather to get to platform or open door.). If you are stuck in place and No other option is working then they can even teleport you. One of the main things they look after is punishing players who are exploiting or using bugs. In short they can do tons of things. 

As I already said it all depends on their rank/power and knowledge. Most of the new GM will only tell you that report on bugg tracker or they are not able to help(in polite words) . And we have many GM who will say those things BUT if your problem is serious I am sure it will get addressed by High gm. If any gm is not able to solve your problem,  then he keeps your ticket open and higher ranked gm addresses it later. One thing you need to understand is they are not employees they are not getting paid and they are doing it only for helping community they don't have any personal gain in this. It is possible that you can find gm who have less knowledge than you about game but that doesn't mean they are useless. Give them time if they are able to solve your issue they will definitely solve it. We don't have hundreds of high ranked GMs who can solve all your problems . And no one becomes high gm when they start so they learn through their experience. So just help them as much as you can without complaining :).

Half of your words can able for do in game with items -> teleport ( use stones), bosses ( wait restart), items ? ( use bug tracker) bla bla bla... No one can convience me about the gm are usefull they are totally useless staff. I am not telling anything about "DEVS" they are already working great. Bugs can exist, lags can exist. I am accepting this game's "dev" staff best ever i saw. But i cannot say same things for gm. 

Gms responsibilities -> Log in game, kick some people from chat, if somebody ask you about information or problems show the way of bug tracker. DONE! good job. 

What exactly are you expecting for them to do for you?

You keep mentioning being told to use bug tracker as it's a bad thing and blaming Game Masters for doing so, even though it's not their responsibility to deal with ingame bugs.

Do i saying to them solve bugs ? Don't u understand ? Why there are game masters "IN GAME" when they are doing nothing ? I want to see DEVS in game and want to contact with devs " by help menu (i mean ticket)". There are so many game masters and they only solve some disputes ( pehh...). We are not talking responsibilities of moderators or devs. We are here and talking game masters ( not usefull staff ) and we don't need them. (Enough 1-2 gm in game for follow people's act.) -> which u call it overseers. 

Ask to other people their idea about GMs. Let we see how many of them like or not. 

Edited by Thrandul

GMs are doing lots of stuff. It's not only kicks and mutes but this is a part from their job. This topic is pointless.

Explain us then what they are doing ? 

38 minutes ago, Thrandul said:

Explain us then what they are doing ? 

10 people above explained it already. If your brain cant understand simple rules then perhaps you should stay quiet.

Edit: And learn English since it's quite hard to understand you.

Edited by DrSandwich

Ok ok enough, you guys see useless things -> important. Ok keep doing -> nothing. 

Section III - Common Courtesy and Social Rules

• Disrespecting a staff member.

Punishment: Mute to permanent account suspension.

• Publicly discussing or criticizing a decision implemented by a staff member.

Punishment: Mute to 10 days account suspension.

Nothing here is disrespect kappa.

He is blatantly insulting whole gm staff members though, it's the whole point of this thread

4 hours ago, Thrandul said:

We are here and talking game masters ( not usefull staff ) and we don't need them

their job is not to report bugs or help players when they encounter a bug their job is to redirect you to the bug tracking forum

Greetings Thrandul.

Alright let me explain to you what are Game Masters for, what is their job in World of Warcraft servers.

• They are not fixing any sort of issue (bug) in-game, because there are developers for.
  • They do not report any issue reported from player to the bug-tracker because servers have public bug-tracker, and to be honest, it takes same time if you report bug to Game Master or bug-tracker, you just have to open server web site.
  • They are monitoring public channels such as world and staff chat, and monitoring players which are using third party softwares, you can check Player Code of Conduct and World channel rules for more informations.
  • They assist players with their issues in-game (such as: player stuck, NPC on unreachable place, missing spells, quests).
  • They are monitoring server forum, also assisting players with issues and answering general questions about game and server it self.
  • They are organizing events for players with Game Masters.
  • On Firestorm we also assist players on Discord and communicate with them to make them feel more comfortable with server staff.

Basically Game Masters are assisting players with issues in-game and they are community managers. And they are very useful.

And no, developers will not do Game Master duty since they have their job to make scripts, that is why servers have bug-reports. 
If you think that Game Masters are doing nothing whole day except few tickets, you are wrong. There is thousand of people there and at least half of them are trying to get help from Game Masters through game, forum and Discord.
Even with other Game Masters, sometimes we cannot help other players in short time because there is a lot of work to do.

I personally don't even play on my personal account because I just don't have time for it.

I hope that you will understand now why servers have Game Masters, and change thoughts about them.

If I missed something, please mention it :) 

Kind regards,
Game Master Cableguy.

Locked and moved to archive due to inactivity.