Baiba

[Accepted] Boosts [In-game]

6 posts in this topic

Title: Boosts

Type: In-game

Description: 

Hi,
I would like to make a suggestion for shop and/or in-game. First of all, when you boost your character on Legion it only boosts you to level 100, I think many would expect it to be 110 since after all it is a boost for Legion Why put it on Legion section in the first place if it's not 110? Now there is a lot of unfair things about this boost.
- You only get level 100
-You get 0 gear
-You are at a big disadvantage in general.

Now if you look at the shop in the ''Buy level section'' and flick through the different levels you can see that the amount of points (Firestorm ones) between the level 70 & 80 is only 10. If you go to 90 & 100 it's 35. Where is the logic in that? I do not see anything special about level 100. Why are the price raised higher compared to the other ones? Is there anything special about it that I might be missing out? There's nothing. Not even Malev gear and a grey weapon xDDD 

Now if you do boost to level 100 I personally do not use any heirlooms and don't browse AH for stuff, I go to vendors to buy my stuff that's just my preference. I go to the Serpent's Spine to get some PvP Gear in a hope that I might be able to go to Azsuna to level, there are no prices on them so I though that I’m in luck so I clicked on it. Ah ''Item not found'' Neeever mind I will go to Draenor and get the PvP gear there. Oh yeah... ''Item not found''. So, I am going back to Serpent's Spine to get my 408 ilvl gear :3

Now this puts me in a big disadvantage... I can't even quest I just keep getting killed and the only way I could level up with my other characters was at Illidari Stand, just stood there while others were killing mobs but now that the exp thing is disabled I am stuck... well maybe not stuck but couple of hours of constant dying and trying to get past one quest is possible. This leaves me to a question are we forced into doing the Legion content if we get a boost? Even without it, are we forced into it since some of it is bugged and I think what has been done in my opinion is unfair. So really suggestions are:
-Add 110 Boost
-If you leave it at 100 include at least ilvl 500-600 gear
-Fix up the vendors for the PvP gear and swap the prices to gold instead of honor points etc.
Thanks.

I hope the answer won't be '' pls buy gear from our shop'' Jk ly rly thanks for your attention <3 

Edited by Baiba

You can buy max lvl 100 boost so that you have to get through actual Legion leveling content. I kinda agree - it sucks not to have any items and just start with literally 0 gear and in my opinion, they should add some 660 ilvl gear just like Demon Hunters had.

It's kinda obvious that you have to pay more for 10 lvl boost at 90 level than at 70 level. It requires more work at higher level.

Older gear vendors do not seem to work because they often require you to have special currencies which are outdated. They just need to be fixed. Right now in Legion there are Honor Marks i guess which don't work.Fixing old pvp vendors isn't necessary if they can just add (about) 660 ilvl gear if you boost.

@DrSandwich 

On 12/10/2016 at 6:15 PM, DrSandwich said:

so that you have to get through actual Legion leveling content.

Exactly, we are forced into doing the Legion content even if we don't want to. We should have an option to avoid it since a lot of things are bugged and you have to do same zone over and over again and it gets boring after doing it with 2-3 characters. Besides now that the XP sharing or what ever it is called is disabled and you don't get any XP from someone killing a mob near you grinding is pointless and doing same quests over and over again is also not cool when most of them are bugged. 
So i agree that it would be better to add some kind of bonus if people do purchase boost to level 100 on Legion as it leaves them at disadvantage when they have nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Baiba said:

@DrSandwich 

Exactly, we are forced into doing the Legion content even if we don't want to. We should have an option to avoid it since a lot of things are bugged and you have to do same zone over and over again and it gets boring after doing it with 2-3 characters. Besides now that the XP sharing or what ever it is called is disabled and you don't get any XP from someone killing a mob near you grinding is pointless and doing same quests over and over again is also not cool when most of them are bugged. 
So i agree that it would be better to add some kind of bonus if people do purchase boost to level 100 on Legion as it leaves them at disadvantage when they have nothing. 

Well, imagine i have leveled quite a lot of characters (playing WoW since WotLK)

Yeah i can see it, but everyone is different. I personally get bored of same quest line over and over again. Especially in Legion where we only have one zone that is working.

We work on a new solution for power level, based on retail boost model ;)