Zaesis

affliction Warlock pve low damage

39 posts in this topic

Don't tell me that this is only my problem because it can't be.... it just can't. i know that must be other afflictions feeling the same in pve.

I tried to give my best dps in this specific VH HC dungeon (like always). 

I'm ilvl 836 with artifact weapon lvl 829. Now look at my damage.....

Captura de ecrã 2016-12-29, às 15.09.31.jpg 

-.- .... lol .... -.- 

the top dps player gave almost the triple of my dps..  

1st question: why did unstable affliction dmg got nerfed without a being announced on the latest changelog? and why did you nerfed it without resolving the main problem of unstable affliction (the stacks not stacking properly + the dispel consequence).

2nd question: what about the other important affliction spells? Like the Grimoire of Sacrifice extra aoe damage or SOME of the artifact abilities (both passive and actives), both major and minor traits not being activated since the beginning of the expansion... 

3rd question: i've played affliction since the stone age in other private servers and my damage contribute to a team as never been so poor... WTF is happening ?????

I know that affliction is not good in pve this expantion but this is worse than not being good... this dps is too low for my ilvl and wlvl so something must not be right..  the top dps player gave almost 3x my dps. is it my fault?! 

Stop bitching, jesus christ. Not much is balanced right now. Havoc DHs a long with few other specs sit at the top of dps, some classes/specs basicly pull 80k dps. Affliction warlock doesn't have as good AOE dps as single target, and your recount seems to record WHOLE VH dungeon, not boss fights. You don't really have a lot to worry about since well... you guys are tanky... you apply 3-4 dots to someone and then just keep kiting him... I don't play affliction warlock, and i only know how it does in PvP so i can't tell you anything besides that.

Dude thats not the point. This is not about demon hunters damage but about affliction damage. The retail affliction dmg is way higher than this. There are abilities not active while playing that not contribute to the total dmg recounted. I did 125M +/- as 836 ilvl. Everybody should know thats low in any dps spec.

And btw, of course I showed up the total damage of the entire dungeon because it makes sence this way.

Edited by Zaesis

I have same problem with my lock tho (i have 826 ilvl gear). But u know, yesterday i've seen 1 warlock which was 810 ilvl gear and his dps was about 250k. I checked the recount and compared the damage that each dot deals...and? - his dots dealed 50% more damage AT LEAST!

Idk, maybe some affli warlocks feels good doing great dps, but not we and i can't understand the reason.

53 minutes ago, Zaesis said:

Dude thats not the point. This is not about demon hunters damage but about affliction damage. The retail affliction dmg is way higher than this. There are abilities not active while playing that not contribute to the total dmg recounted. I did 125M +/- as 836 ilvl. Everybody should know thats low in any dps spec.

And btw, of course I showed up the total damage of the entire dungeon because it makes sence this way.

Retail Affliction damage is way higher than this? ONLY if you consider 10k as big upgrade, and ONLY because some abilities aren't working proper way. Otherwise affliction deals way more damage than it should, but has not big amount of important spells working properly. In PvP affliction's damage is too high, and in PVE it just requires fixing some spells. IT DOESN'T make sense to post whole dungeon. Single target DPS should be tested on boss (actual single target). In VH there's lots of AOE. If you'd give us your dps from 1 boss fight then it'd be much easier. 

TL:DR - Fix affliction warlock's key mechanics and nerf his damage. You should really see how people play on retail with it.

yes 

1 hour ago, DrSandwich said:

Retail Affliction damage is way higher than this? ONLY if you consider 10k as big upgrade, and ONLY because some abilities aren't working proper way. Otherwise affliction deals way more damage than it should, but has not big amount of important spells working properly. In PvP affliction's damage is too high, and in PVE it just requires fixing some spells. IT DOESN'T make sense to post whole dungeon. Single target DPS should be tested on boss (actual single target). In VH there's lots of AOE. If you'd give us your dps from 1 boss fight then it'd be much easier. 

TL:DR - Fix affliction warlock's key mechanics and nerf his damage. You should really see how people play on retail with it.

yes it is. pve affliction on retail has a quite good burst after the 20 stacks of agony. the extra aoe dmg makes the difference and its far from 10k. if locks were all fixed like retail, a 836 ilvl lock should at least give 200M per heroic, (considering that is a bad dps for pve).   

1 hour ago, Layote said:

I have same problem with my lock tho (i have 826 ilvl gear). But u know, yesterday i've seen 1 warlock which was 810 ilvl gear and his dps was about 250k. I checked the recount and compared the damage that each dot deals...and? - his dots dealed 50% more damage AT LEAST!

Idk, maybe some affli warlocks feels good doing great dps, but not we and i can't understand the reason.

i could give 200-250M before the nerf of unstable affliction. now its kinda impossible cause you don't have the rest of the abilities to balance it. 

that's how my wep is rn (lvl 830) and yeah my damage is around 16%-18% even with bursts such as mana tap (i switched over to permanent corruption to get advantage of my gold trait) i find that using grimoire of supremacy helps more because you have the permanent infernal (which is aoe) and with using seed on mobs + Pc at least gives you some more dps (also i noted that skada is kinda bugged,sometimes my damage increases and sometimes it goes backwards for no apparent reason so just deleted it) 

WoWScrnShot_122616_223029.jpg

1 person likes this

warlock in pve is now nonplayable. worst char at all

sh priest is even more terrible but priest can change to heal. 90k dps afli can change to 60k destro or 40k demo

maybe is there lack of shamans and devs want to warlocks players switch to enha shamans. good job then

1 person likes this

Just now, mnm said:

sh priest is even more terrible but priest can change to heal. 90k dps afli can change to 60k destro or 40k demo

maybe is there lack of shamans and devs want to warlocks players switch to enha shamans. good job then

No, pretty sure it's just lack of balance, not some class manipulation, lol.

I have to agree my dps has dropped consistently day by day, roughly since the corruption fix.  839 ilvl here and it feels like a lot of the time I can barely pull 100k dps unless there are a lot of adds for me to spam soc.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, mnm said:

Thank  you for your support man. I knew i was not the only one feeling the same.

6 hours ago, guass said:

I have to agree my dps has dropped consistently day by day, roughly since the corruption fix.  839 ilvl here and it feels like a lot of the time I can barely pull 100k dps unless there are a lot of adds for me to spam soc.

Thank you for se support dude :)

The SoC (Seed of Corroption) spell is the only ability that can save the affliction total damage done. Without it, those 100k dps would be.. 50k (because single target damage sucks too..not only the aoe). But soc helps.. thats what ive being using to.

But I hope they fix this bullshit man. I dont mind if its only in the next patch, as well as they fix it definalty.. we need this resolved.

i dont mind the warlock dps being poor.. but we want the same dps as the retail one. The retail dps is not great, but at least is not as bad as firestorm warlocks at the moment. Thats the truth :/

7 hours ago, mnm said:

(...) sh priest is even more terrible but priest can change to heal. 90k dps afli can change to 60k destro or 40k demo (...)

I didnt know that the other specs were even worse...  thats how bad this situation is at the moment. Jesus christ...

Thanks for the support dude.

Edited by Zaesis

Your dps is very legit to this patch, you should not be doing a lot more than that, unless played perfectly, and since you dont know your dmg is legit, i doubt you play the class perfectly... what people dont seem to understand is that on patch 7.0.3 with less than 840 gear, your avg dps is very low, perfectly played aoe classes would be at around 200k run dps... and thats for the TOP 1-3 dps classes / specs. Affl. locks wont be doing a lot more than what you are doing atm. Just because some specs are currently bugged and does way more than they should in PvE doesent mean your spec is broken.

And to everyone, know what classes scale... Afflic. warlocks scales with haste more than any other class or spec, and with current gear you just cant hit any breakpoints and you will be doing shit dmg. stop whining and think that every spec should be doing what everone else are doing, without considering the ilvl. Only a few specs and classes should be able to do 150-200k avg run dps with 845 gear. And that is firemage,DH,Hunter,WW monk If you do do more than this with any spec or class, you are bugged. so dont cry if are doing less than this, your spec wasent intented to do more at this point in the exspansion

Edited by tweek

On 29/12/2016 at 9:08 PM, Zaesis said:

i could give 200-250M before the nerf of unstable affliction. now its kinda impossible cause you don't have the rest of the abilities to balance it. 

First of all, you can't just say it should do 200mil per dungeon, since your total dmg done is effected by your team, if you run with an arcane mage who are doing 350k+ dps... your total dmg will be a lot less because the mage is doing that much dmg = giving you less time to do dmg.... so you should go by dps, not total dmg.

If you complain about the damage that affli warlock make, then try demonology, then you'll see the true meaning of low dps, by now affli is THE only viable spec for warlock, which is a shame since is one of the most boring specs to play.

1 person likes this

BUFF warlocks in PVE !!!!

2 people like this

On 31. 12. 2016 at 11:40 AM, mnm said:

40k Demo? .. Easy  180k+ burst and  normaly  140+/-  ..But its still low

Stop saying sh priest is that or that if you don't play thus class. 

Its warlock topic.

And any way if you feel some thing is wrong with warlock just report is on bugtracer and Stop this drama.

All classes fell some thing not only warlock's, I can point here many bugs but that will not help me or you. 

Do it what I say and report it or just play with it.

On 19/02/2017 at 3:02 PM, Maxxin said:

Stop saying sh priest is that or that if you don't play thus class. 

Its warlock topic.

And any way if you feel some thing is wrong with warlock just report is on bugtracer and Stop this drama.

All classes fell some thing not only warlock's, I can point here many bugs but that will not help me or you. 

Do it what I say and report it or just play with it.

Dude first of all, calm your nerves please. Of course warlocks are not the only class that need fixes. But warlock is my top main since wotlk and is my favourite class so i did this post.. is there a problem with that? No. 

Now, if you want to make your own post about you class issues, do it.. You can stil report specific bugs in the bugtracker platform like i did before. If you dont want to make that effort, then don't go to other posts saying thinks that are not relevant to them. 

well i am sure warlock is not in that terrible position as you all put it in(not saying it does the right amount of dmg or anything).I noticed you talk a lot about ilvl  and what dps it should do at that ilvl but truth is ilvl means nothing without the right secondary stats.In legion first 2 stats(sometimes has soft caps) are everything. Also have in mind on retail all the trinkets are working and these can result in  significant dps increase.Also i suggest reconsider your talent choices to maximize dps make some testing on dummies see what talents are best for single target which for aoe(as affliction you should focus more on single target).

Focus on what your class is good at rather then trying to force it into something it can't be(aoe dps).

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Elementälist said:

well i am sure warlock is not in that terrible position as you all put it in(not saying it does the right amount of dmg or anything).I noticed you talk a lot about ilvl  and what dps it should do at that ilvl but truth is ilvl means nothing without the right secondary stats.In legion first 2 stats(sometimes has soft caps) are everything. Also have in mind on retail all the trinkets are working and these can result in  significant dps increase.Also i suggest reconsider your talent choices to maximize dps make some testing on dummies see what talents are best for single target which for aoe(as affliction you should focus more on single target).

Focus on what your class is good at rather then trying to force it into something it can't be(aoe dps).

Actually affliction have a quite good aoe. Not amasing but good enough. But thats in retail.

Ive done a long test of dps using test dummies and ive the best build (i guess) already. I'm sure i cant have a better build.. i can put a printscreen of it later if you want. I not at home now.

Now... The ilvl is important too. I think i have 7/10 stats. Its 19% critic , 17% haste and 89% mastery. Is not amasing i know but is not that bad. I need more critic and mastery and less haste. Or maybe more haste and mastery and less critic.. hmm 

Now..The trinket issue is true.. i didnt think about that but its definatly a fact. 

But dude! Thank you for your comment. It was really constructive and helpful ;) 

plz go play ele sham if you think lock has low dps in pve

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Zale said:

plz go play ele sham if you think lock has low dps in pve

plz go and watch some guides if you think ele does less dps then locks in pve.

1 person likes this