• Announcements

Cookies

Pvp Experience

33 posts in this topic

Hello my lovely FireStorm Community,

So was you can see in my print screen, i´m getting 10mins+ for Battleground queue. I'm horde and the reason to take so long is because i have Alterac Valley Banned from the list, for obvious reasons... Ally have the advantage from that bg, all of us know AV is taking all the alliance players from other Bg´s and that makes the queue very slow-> alot of time waiting-> low honor farm-> no fun-> quit doing bgs. I Know... I know.. is unfair for does people who wanna play A.V and like it. ok i understand but isn´t healthy at the moment for Sylvanas Realm.

My suggestion is remove Alterac Valley like you did on Warlords of Draenor, just for know.

Thank you for your time, Cookies.WoWScrnShot_021817_231958.jpg

1 person likes this

horde can win AV pretty is its just none understands wtf back capping if you dont like slow honor then may trying winning BGs faster 

@Zale here the problem isn´t i cant win AV fast. the problem is the 10min-15min queue time.

Thats not the problem, there seems to be some priority for AV or someone thats bugging the system to make AV more than the rest of the battlegrounds. If its supposed to be random battleground, finding 10-15 members would be quicker than finding 40 of them dont u think? There shouldnt be any priority for battlegrounds, just random picks

Then in other battleground horde has advantage, what is your point?

Also it is a shame that ally is so retard they lose every bg except AV. 

My suggestion is to queue with teams not with Randoms. I tested it I joined with 2 guild mates and we won easily with noob others. It takes min.  3 intelligent players to win a bg. 

@Törpögies @Illidan3  The point here isn´t win or loose. The point is, im getting 10 more min to found a battleground in horde side. And im saying this here because i want something to be done!, clearly A.V is bugging the bg queue, and others bg dont, thats why they should disable LIKE THEY DID ON WOD SERVER( because they got the same problem).

Cheers.

Just transfer to ally and all will be fine :)

1 person likes this

The problem is the current system allows 40 vs 20 AVs to start. That's not how it's supposed to work. It should start with X people on each side and allowing more people in whenever people on the lower populated side entered the BG. For example. 40 Alliance players in queue, 20 Horde.

AV starts 20 vs 20. All Horde are in. 20 Alliance waiting. Whenever 1 additional Horde joins. One Alliance player is allowed in. Etc.

And yes, it also seems like whenever there are 40+ players in queue, BG system will queue up an AV instead of selecting a BG at random.

Edited by Snowbleach
1 person likes this

@Snowbleach Thats it! all explained right there. thank you, i just want something to be done about it :S

Dude the alliance is not queueing randomg BG, they are picking specific AV, because you still get the reward as if it was Random BG queue... just like you do in dungeon finder...

1 hour ago, tweek said:

Dude the alliance is not queueing randomg BG, they are picking specific AV, because you still get the reward as if it was Random BG queue... just like you do in dungeon finder...

Alright. Makes sense. Didn't know specific queue actually worked. Time to chain-queue WSG then :D

Edited by Snowbleach

6 hours ago, Snowbleach said:

Alright. Makes sense. Didn't know specific queue actually worked. Time to chain-queue WSG then :D

Good luck getting queues :)

There is no such thing as rewards in specific queue both in normal and rated anymore, only RBGs

Unless it's bugged

Edited by spenzo

I just want to some dev/gm see this topic, is something wrong going on

1 person likes this

The situation on the battlegrounds is an awkward one, speaking as a player here now. Alliance pick alterac-valley because they are pretty much loosing every other battleground, horde are picking every battleground apart from alterac-valley because they are pretty much loosing that everytime. If alterac-valley was to be removed from the list then we'd just have a bunch threads with the alliances wanting it added back, so something would have to be done to benefit both sides rather than people posting what will be best for their factions.

I'd prefer rather than removing things because people don't like them, they the alterac-valley joining system should be closer balanced within maybe 3-5 extra/less players on teams rather than having a gap of 40vs20 as stated above so it would not be able to exceed more than 5 players of the lesser team, making 25vs20 much more realistic. 

Edited by TitanFurryWf
made a quick edit to your post cuz you misspelled alterac

Why not make AV reward the opposing team a lot, lot, lot, lot more if it has 50% less players? That sounds good.

@Alan Im up for a fix of player size in A.V, if they can fix it, there is no need to remove a Bg, today i got 20 mins queues, and im not making solo runs im always queuing with 4 more people. Just opened this post here to discuss the problem. If someone of staff can take a moment to make a solution for this, firestorm community will apreciate ;)

Edited by Cookies

3 hours ago, Alan said:

Alliance pick alterac-valley because they are pretty much loosing every other battleground

I think they are losing every other bg because the good/skilled players are already in a A.V bg. Not so long ago WoD had the same problem with the horde. the horde would lose every other bg but A.V and it was terrible. All the horde would do is que A.V back to back just to get some gear, you can even see them saying it in chat "que A.V."

3 minutes ago, lauphingdragon said:

I think they are losing every other bg because the good/skilled players are already in a A.V bg. Not so long ago WoD had the same problem with the horde. the horde would lose every other bg but A.V and it was terrible. All the horde would do is que A.V back to back just to get some gear, you can even see them saying it in chat "que A.V."

26 minutes ago, Cookies said:

@Alan Im up for a fix of player size in A.V, if they can fix it, there is no need to remove a Bg, today i got 20 mins queues, and im not making solo runs im always queuing with 4 more people. Just opened this post here to discuss the problem. If someone of staff can take a moment to make a solution for this, firestorm community will apreciate ;)

I agree perhaps a test period of removing the ability to pick specific battlegrounds, or disabling AV would not be a bad idea, it can't hurt to try.

2 people like this

can you remove AV already ?

R.I.P Legion PVP

On 20/02/2017 at 3:45 PM, Alan said:

I agree perhaps a test period of removing the ability to pick specific battlegrounds, or disabling AV would not be a bad idea, it can't hurt to try.

Horde want av removed, why? I dont ghet it, why horde cant win it? Something is bugged? or horde know to play only in packs?

every time i ghet a que for bg  horde wins, more like 80% of the time...why? 

15 hours ago, Sirius43 said:

Horde want av removed, why? I dont ghet it, why horde cant win it? Something is bugged? or horde know to play only in packs?

i don't ghet why you spell get with a H and bg que system is bugged and every time i get a que its av, i have to wait 10+ mins and finally get a que for  Av and for this reason i disable av every time. Also my theory on why horde win 80% of bg is because the good ally player are in av or doing pve

Edited by lauphingdragon

Most players queue specific for a BG, they do not do random... that is why you will get AV pop as horde, because the majority queue for AV on alliance... so the system is not bugged.
when we premade, we specific queue for another dungeon, get low queue times, and win actually 100% of the time, people queue for what they win the most, and what they enjoy the most, and some will do a specific queue for the best honor/hour farm. But no at no point in time should any BG be removed just because you dont like playing it, or because you lose at it.

(And no you dont get less rewards when queing specific, not on firestorm so dont claim that you do)

So hard to remove AV from your random join list? If all horde would do that the alliance will automatically follow after a while when they will be queuing for like 30 min without being able to PvP. 

Said that, the fault it's again that of Firestorm, if AV would of been fixed right, rushing the other team boss would never work to win the bg like in retail. This isn't the case here.

Again I don't know the point in releasing stuff when they are like 50% bugged, one of Firestorm bad habit. Another example is/was SoA (idk if it's still the case, I didn't play for like a month), released even when the gates were indestroyable and the BG would last the max duration and end in a tie with no reward for both factions. It's one of Firestorm fetish I guess.

Edited by Sbrillocoso
1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Sirius43 said:

The map design is bad and favors alliance, Blizzard fault there:

-The main wall in horde base is laughable since there are many places where the wall can simply be jumped over.

-The only major bottleneck near the horde base is going through the tower, up the hill and through the gate. The only dangerous part is when leaving the tower. Before the gate, you can split to the left or right of the gate (outside the wall), avoid all attacks and still make it in the base.

-The towers for Horde are just plain stupid. Going to the tower and up where the flag is, you might get hit 2, maybe 3 times max from the NPCs. When you actually get to the flag, there are NO NPCs that can even see you, let alone attack you. Going fromt he bridge to the tower and then to the flag, taken the most hidden route, someone can get attacked a lot of times (around 4 NPCs can snipe you almost at all times). And, once you're actually at the flag, there is usually 1-3 NPCs that can still see and attack you, depending on how you are placed.

-Bottle necks before the base for Ally are easier to defend than for Horde. The closest GY outside of the base is in a wide open are for Horde and in the middle of a bottleneck for Ally. The area before the bridge and the actual bridge are a lot easier to defend than the wide open field with a few scattered trees that Horde has.

-there's a shorter distance from the starting area to the boss for Alliance than the distance for Horde (that I find)

-and lastly, the GY in the base for the Ally is in the middle of all their NPCs, while the one in the Horde base is secluded away with only its own NPCs guarding it.