• Announcements

• Ouroboros

Are you protected ?   11/05/18

Your account security is important, read our guideline here :   
    • Otacon

International Game Master Recruitment — Sethraliss & Sylvanas & Garrosh and Gul'dan   06/23/19

Firestorm International is looking for Game Masters for Sethraliss, Sylvanas, Garrosh and Gul'dan. We're currently looking for members from all regions that wish to join our staff team. Each Game Master will be providing assistance to players through Forums, Discord and In-game tickets. Remember that there are requirements for the position. By signing up for the position you will gain experience with working in a team, and much more. Please put an effort into your application as we provide the general format for you and all you do is have to fill it in. Click here to read the requirements and apply!
    • Otacon

New Graphic Ideas   07/29/19

If you are a Graphic Designer and want to volunteer to help the International Firestorm Staff with creating contents, make sure to take a look on that topic here.
Aytros

Servers and expansions

4 posts in this topic

Hello

I am new to playing wow on a private server.  Could someone clarify servers and expansions.  Is it just that each server has all game content through the listed expansion?  Or do you start on the vanilla server and using content from another expansion just moves you to the appropriate server?

Any help would be great, thanks

Welcome to Firestorm

Let me explain the concept. First, you need to have the expansion that you want to play on. If you want to play on Mists of Pandaria (MoP), then you need to have MoP installed on your computer. If you want to play on two expansions, let's say MoP and Legion, then you need to install both MoP and Legion and place them in separate folders. You do not need to download all expansions, just the ones you want to play. This is fairly simple as Firestorm provides a single launcher from where you can download each expansion and pick which one you want to play.

Follow these step to get started:

1. Create a Firestorm account at https://firestorm-servers.com/en/
  2. Download the Firestorm Launcher from http://app-cdn.firestorm-servers.com/launcher/FirestormLauncherSetup.exe
  3. Install the Firestorm launcher, then run it.
  4. Enter your Firestorm account credentials
  5. Pick the expansion you want to play from the left side panel
  6. Click on download and pick a folder where the WoW files will be placed in
  7. Click on Play when the launcher has downloaded all the necessary files

If you run into any problems during the installation, then create a post in the technical support section by following this link http://us.forum.firestorm-servers.com/index.php?/forms/2-technical-support/

Let us know if you have more questions

2 people like this

Thanks for a help.  Can I take a character created in one expansion to another?  say I start a new character in the basic game then when I reach 55, I want to go to Outland to do Burning Crusade, can I just use the same character?  And then to WotLK?

2 hours ago, Aytros said:

Thanks for a help.  Can I take a character created in one expansion to another?  say I start a new character in the basic game then when I reach 55, I want to go to Outland to do Burning Crusade, can I just use the same character?  And then to WotLK?

Greetings Aytros, You can transfer from 1 expansion to another only if they are max level so for example if you start playing in mists of pandaria and want to transfer to WoD or Legion you need that character at level 90, You have 1 free expansion transfer per realm/expansion and the rest will costs you.

Regards,

Forum moderator Titan.