Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
accre

PvP issues with mechanics and general quality of life stuff

13 posts in this topic

Goblin Glider kits making Warsong Gulch trivial due to going from opposing base to 3/4 the way to yours and being out of range of any class for the vast majority of that time. Please disable those in WSG. If you need to disable them in general in BGs, oh well. We all know there are many people who dont speak English on the server, and those who do nothing but fight in mid. I cant instruct people who dont speak English, i only know English. The other part is just bad players being bad. 

Explosive shot critting for 53k. Working on getting images for that. Its a complain ive also seen in outside of Stormwind. Im not the only one whos been on the receiving end. Theres a few hunters who seem to only play survival just to abuse that. 477K potential damage from lock and load is absurd. Want evidence for how it is supposed to work? Watch retail WoD Surv PVP videos. At 740 with PVE trinkets, i had difficulty reaching 35k with the stars aligning.

Death from Above is supposed to make you immune to CC until the Eviscerate/Envenom occurs. Ive been getting death gripped, feared, storm bolted, etc, out of it alot. If its not possible to make it work, please buff eviscerate to somewhere between where it is, and the 50% bonus from DFA. Maybe 15-25% somewhere in there. 

Being unable to hit people whos character models im barely a persons depth away from (about 2 yards if that) or am standing right on top of and told "too far away" is annoying. Please increase the rate of distance checks. If youre using a server emu, its a setting in worldserver.conf

Edited by accre

Theres an example of the explosive shot damage

Wow-64 2017-03-26 23-03-42-264.jpg

4 hours ago, accre said:

Goblin Glider kits making Warsong Gulch trivial due to going from opposing base to 3/4 the way to yours and being out of range of any class for the vast majority of that time. Please disable those in WSG. If you need to disable them in general in BGs, oh well. We all know there are many people who dont speak English on the server, and those who do nothing but fight in mid. I cant instruct people who dont speak English, i only know English. The other part is just bad players being bad. 

Explosive shot critting for 53k. Working on getting images for that. Its a complain ive also seen in outside of Stormwind. Im not the only one whos been on the receiving end. Theres a few hunters who seem to only play survival just to abuse that. 477K potential damage from lock and load is absurd. Want evidence for how it is supposed to work? Watch retail WoD Surv PVP videos. At 740 with PVE trinkets, i had difficulty reaching 35k with the stars aligning.

Death from Above is supposed to make you immune to CC until the Eviscerate/Envenom occurs. Ive been getting death gripped, feared, storm bolted, etc, out of it alot. If its not possible to make it work, please buff eviscerate to somewhere between where it is, and the 50% bonus from DFA. Maybe 15-25% somewhere in there. 

Being unable to hit people whos character models im barely a persons depth away from (about 2 yards if that) or am standing right on top of and told "too far away" is annoying. Please increase the rate of distance checks. If youre using a server emu, its a setting in worldserver.conf

Greetings accre, Unfortunately most of our pvp players will never be really good since all they do is abuse "X" class whenever they get their damage broken a little bit or some gamebreaking bug appears giving people advantage (As an example in Legion right now destro warlocks have a honor talent that makes conflagrate root for 3 secs but it does it forever) or moonkin druids that hit like a truck with their full moon, Etc so there is really nothing we can do about it but live with it.

About the goblin gliders its just people not being good as i said before, If more people knew how to take advantages in PvP they would be winning their matches easier since after all BGs are about who has the best team that can win following the rules set for each of them instead of just doing mindless pvp as if that would help in something ( But that does not mean that they can straight up abuse bugs that can happen or hack their way to victory, Which if you see this please report it).

Anyways that was just my opinion on the matter,

Regards,

Forum moderator Titan.

1 hour ago, TitanFurryWf said:

Greetings accre, Unfortunately most of our pvp players will never be really good since all they do is abuse "X" class whenever they get their damage broken a little bit or some gamebreaking bug appears giving people advantage (As an example in Legion right now destro warlocks have a honor talent that makes conflagrate root for 3 secs but it does it forever) or moonkin druids that hit like a truck with their full moon, Etc so there is really nothing we can do about it but live with it.

About the goblin gliders its just people not being good as i said before, If more people knew how to take advantages in PvP they would be winning their matches easier since after all BGs are about who has the best team that can win following the rules set for each of them instead of just doing mindless pvp as if that would help in something ( But that does not mean that they can straight up abuse bugs that can happen or hack their way to victory, Which if you see this please report it).

Anyways that was just my opinion on the matter,

Regards,

Forum moderator Titan.

Upon further research, goblin glider's are not supposed to be usable while carrying the flag. 

Edited by TitanFurryWf
Edited for you this post

This was confirmed as a valid bug report as of 2/2017

https://firestorm-servers.com/en/report/see_report/33445

Should i file a player report? Could the moderation staff make a topic regarding situational bug related rules? Like not using Glider with a flag or youll be punished as per rules? Some people may not know its a bug, so reporting them for it seems kinda unfair. However, if the information is freely available, theres no excuse. Reading the threads regarding rules is a requirement for playing this server, right?

Whats the deal with Explosive Shot? Is there any way for it to be reviewed and hopefully brought down to proper scaling? Seems to work fine outside of instanced PVP.

Sorry for the double posts. Edit timer is only15 minutes and sometimes it takes me longer to track down info than i thought.

Edited by accre

8 minutes ago, accre said:

Upon further research, goblin glider's are not supposed to be usable while carrying the flag. 

This was confirmed as a valid bug report as of 2/2017

Should i file a player report? Could the moderation staff make a topic regarding situational bug related rules? Like not using Glider with a flag or youll be punished as per rules? Some people may not know its a bug, so reporting them for it seems kinda unfair.

Yeah while carrying a flag you're not supposed to use any mechanics that would otherwise drop it (like the gliders for example) So please if you have evidence report the player for bug abusing 

3 minutes ago, accre said:

Reading the threads regarding rules is a requirement for playing this server, right?

Whats the deal with Explosive Shot? Is there any way for it to be reviewed and hopefully brought down to proper scaling? Seems to work fine outside of instanced PVP.

Sorry for the double posts. Edit timer is only15 minutes and sometimes it takes me longer to track down info than i thought.

Yes, You are supposed to read the rules before playing and are expected to know them while playing, And about the damage bugged it will be reviewed by CMs/Devs and it will get fixed

rp boy calling pvp players dogshit, LUL

2 minutes ago, Risk said:

where did he say that ? can you Copy the line ? 

I am just stating the thruth and you can confirm this by simply doing pvp, Also please watch your language for the next posts you make 

2 hours ago, souna1000 said:

where did he say that ? can you Copy the line ? 

16 hours ago, TitanFurryWf said:

If someone gets offended by this its is really not my fault that people do not stop abusing and play as intended ( With classes they actually enjoy instead of filling bgs with certain classes) so if you have a problem with it (not you souna, I mean this generally) please start thinking about whether you do this or not and grow a bit of a thick skin, All i am doing here is trying to help people to grow as players to not become part of the mediocre people that most of the time leave a stain in the community that we do not wish to have, Here in Firestorm what we wish to have the most is a healthy community but to accomplish that we still need to do a lot of changes with ourselfs (by this i mean everyone playing), And we as the staff are here to make sure that everyone gets treated in the fairest and best way that we can offer.

Regards,

Forum moderator Titan.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Risk said:

Hes a moderator, watch your language. Actually, kindly dont reply to my threads if youre going to bash people. Sound fair?

As far as my opinion goes, Goblin Glider should be allowed in things such as battlegrounds, as you do not receive rating for random ones, whereas rated has stricter rules. 

Even with that opinion, Goblin Glider's should not and ARE NOT allowed to be used whilst carrying a flag, and should drop the flag upon use. If they do/did not, as Titan said, please report the player as soon as possible, as that is bug exploiting.

As far as Explosive Shot goes, I see that it only crit for 51k once. This only hit this hard due to a critical, also, there is a possibility that he could have had a trinket proc or an on-use that increases his Agility stat. I assume this because there was only one time where it hit you upwards of 50k.

I know I repeated some of the things that were already said, but this was just my two cents.

Also, please, do your best to respond to all members of the moderation. They are here to help you and they do a very good job at it. I am sure he meant no harm in what he said. It was merely an opinion. And, on the topic of people abusing said bugs? They kind of deserve what they have coming. If a bug is found, it should ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS be reported at the earliest convenience, and not exploited. If we find out that it was exploited further after the report, or without a report, it will get you in deeper trouble than it would have been.

Kind Regards,

Trial Game Master Synaptic

Edited by Synaptic
More to add.
1 person likes this