Monkabbestia

For all shamans on firestorm

54 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i am toroseduto, your shaman class master, i really whant to let u know that i am working as hard as i can in order to fix all the shaman bugs on firestorm, sadly i have some limits, i cant do whatever i whant, when i began my work ele shammy was simply useless..enha was oneshotting ppl in arena and doing 400k dps on hero bosses, resto was the only spec actually playeble but still full of bugs. I had to balance a little bit everithing and take care alone of 3 specs.

I know that for sure something got wrong during some updatest and the fixes was more like nerfs (for exemple the stormbringer proc and all gold trait that on ptr used to work fine...i personally test everithing) this wasn ty intention...but ad i sayid before something goes wrong..

I want to say sorry expecially to enhancement shamans in our comunity that actually had suffered the most...i am working right now on the most important bugs (expecially stormbringer and legendaries).

I promise u that on the next cycles of reports to devs i will concentrete my work on enhancement more than resto and ele that atm have minor bugs in compatison with enhancement.

I hope u understand me. Your cm is working for u!

Ah and sorry for my english...:P

Edited by Monkabbestia
12 people like this

Any news about resto shamans bugs?

I really apreciate the honesty dude. Keep going :) 

About resto and elemental shaman bugs...there will be a breack for this cycle...something is on work right now like earth shield totem , tidal pools and honor talents that i hope will be applied before the start of the season.

But for the next cycle as i said before i want to concentrate my work mainly on enhancement because atm is the one that has the most gamebreacking bugs.

1 person likes this

I donot play shaman but youre very amazing to create a topic just to apologize and let everyone know about the hard work u do. Keep at it my friend :) 

1 person likes this

Finally someone who understands that enhancement is bugged 

Thanks for making our healer saves and golden traits work again

Ok guys, since yesterday update storm bringer is corectly working...we (me and devs) worked a lot on it...and seems that the script works fine (maelstrom generation and proc chance) i tried yesterday personally evening on the dummy in our class hall (yes...finally we have 1 dummy and area opened:P) and everything seems to be goodi tried like 10 min dps and i had a good amount of procs...so 1 of the main issue is resolved...lightning bolt also now deals damage again...now be patient and wait for the next cycle of bugs...

I had to report also a bug about chain lightning overload and we worked on it really fast (the overload proc was way to high...like 10 times more than should..) so with the next update that i think will be saturday...everything will be ok..

Also i think that the fix that make lava beam to generate maelstrom and overload is applied whit the pack of fixes updated yesterday...but i did not try onestly

1 person likes this

Toroseduto,

I was around when Shamans had no CM and reported (bitched) alot on bug tracker and occasionally forums.

Hadn't needed to do any of that now. The difference is tremendous. Much is fixed. I'm glad you got the CM job and more than glad that you've made a real difference to the Shaman class.

Our thanks to you and keep it up!

Regards,

Hello, I am leveling up a new shaman and I wanted to try out Hot Hand talent. It procs pretty frequently ( I don't know if that is supposed to happen or not ) but one thing is bugged for me at least. Sometimes when Hot Hand procs and I try to use Lava Lash I just can't and it keeps canceling the spell and the animation.

Mmm i dont know if i uderstand corectly the problem...sometimes in pvp i just cant use some abilities bicause of a problem like this...but i dont know if is server delay or something else..but  in pve i had no problem...i dont know what to say...should be great if u can provide me some more info!

Ty

On 24.04.2017 at 7:50 PM, Monkabbestia said:

Mmm i dont know if i uderstand corectly the problem...sometimes in pvp i just cant use some abilities bicause of a problem like this...but i dont know if is server delay or something else..but  in pve i had no problem...i dont know what to say...should be great if u can provide me some more info!

Ty

My bug report about this is still in the bugtracker. Yes, it basically has the same problem as Strombringer did, just with no cost instead of 50% cost. Btw, maybe I just need to clear my cache or something, but I'm still encountering the problems with Stormbringer, just not as often (mainly when you GAIN Maelstrom from a lower value, e. g. you had 0, gained 25 and it proced, can't cast).

Hi guys, ill use this post also to ask u some kind of help!

As u can see i am trying to keep our bug tracker as clean as possible...this means that if i invalidate some reports is also because are already reported..this dont mean that i wont take in consideration the report...

More of this...i dint forget any report (after all there are like 30 reports )

So is useless to write "UP" under a teport that is already validated...some of the bugs that are reported will be updated soon...some are reported to devs and waiting to be developed.

Ah,and if u see aomething disappearing from the BT and the fix isnt on live...probably this means that i am working on it and i have some free time to clean the bug tracker! 

:)

Plz help me keeping it as clean as possible..

Dont report something that is already reported

Ty for understanding

the damage on stormstrike don't seem right 
it actually does less than what the tooltip indicates, I'm at 838 ilvl
the tooltip says 238k, and on the target dummy I do roughly 120k+60k (180k total)
Weird when we compare with lava lash for example
the tooltip says 78k, and on the target dummy I do roughly 140k 

I don't know if the problem comes from the tooltip, from the actual damage or from something else, but enhance feels very clunky right now considering stormstrike costs 40 maelstrom but does so little damage. The solo target dps does seem underwhelming, but I never played legion on retail so I'd appreciate if someone could confirm something isn't right.
There are some other bugs but they don't bother me quite as much as this

Apparently I can't edit now, just wanted to add another comparison
With the overcharge talent and 40 maelstrom, the tooltip of lightning bolt shows 272k damage
When cast on the target dummy, it does 380k damage on average
for rockbiter, it's 45k (tooltip) vs 70k (actual dmg)

I know what u mean...however the calculation of the damage of weapon damage is not so easy (tooltip=damage should) for exemple stormstrike is a weapon damage...lava lash is fire damage...so 2 different tipes of damage...more of this...weapon damage is not influensed only by the armor opponents but also to the normalized weapon damage that contribute to the final range making the final damage to have a range instead of beeing a fix number like spells...so  i tested the damage some time ago and was fine...ill retest everything in order to be sure that everything is ok...but i am pretty sure that is fine more of this is really hard to calculate damage for enha...because is full of buff and 1 si gle hit can proc like 6 or 7 damages so i will need some time for testing everything

I'm not actually sure of how the damage of stormstrike is calculated.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=17364 Wowhead indicates the damage is 600%+600% (so for both weapons) but 600% of what ? Of weapon base damage ? Of the shaman's attack power ? 
Otherwise, I understand what you're saying, and it made me realise stormstrike is also the only shaman ability that uses physical damage, which is why it was different in the first place (as far as the tooltip is concerned). However, I'm still not convinced about the damage, but this is why I'd like for someone who played enhance on retail to tell me what they experienced. I'm thinking this is maybe because of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=198367 being bugged, but right now I'm pretty frustrated with my average dps on solo target as an enh shaman (even though my artifact is only lvl 15)
Regardless I won't post anything on the bugtracker as long as I'm not completely sure, thanks for answering.

Edited by lama

Np, however as i promosed some time ago, i focused this cycle of fixes mainly on enhancement (almost everything) so on the next update u will have to expect a lot of good news, sadly i am not allowed to say what will be fixed bit there are a lot of reeeeally good things!

However keep up rising your artifact weapon...and focus on the main stats of the enha shaman i am sore u will be able to do a decent dps however

this is pretty off topic but what stats should i go for enha shaman? new to class xD

Mastery haste mainly in this order...then versa crit...i dont play too much enha (only pvp) but i am pretty sure that mastery haste is the way to go...but for sure someone can tell better then me!

Hi guys, what do u think about the last update?

Obviously i am talking about shamans!

Edited by Monkabbestia
1 person likes this

/kiss

Enh looks so smooth now. No more buggy animations. (The Spectral Wolf Glyph still doesn't apply the Glow and Transparency effect though, so you can feel like a druid :D )

Is tempest talent for enhancement shaman works?

Yes, it is

1 person likes this