• Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kirahara

world quests are not working for me ( legion)

9 posts in this topic

as the title says world quests are not working for me

when i kill the mob required by any world quest the mob doe not get counted ( as if i did nothing) 

i tried cleaning cashe and using analyse ad repair but neither worked 

am not the only one with this problem ( same thing happened to another death knight )

should i reinstall the game or what ? please help !

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, kirahara said:

as the title says world quests are not working for me

when i kill the mob required by any world quest the mob doe not get counted ( as if i did nothing) 

i tried cleaning cashe and using analyse ad repair but neither worked 

am not the only one with this problem ( same thing happened to another death knight )

should i reinstall the game or what ? please help !

You're not the only one. Some of us also have this problem ( including me ) as you can see in this thread 

Also there are some reports on the bugtracker about it as well so hopefully we'll receive help soon.

1 person likes this

@Stryder thank you

1 person likes this

Seems to be a phasing issue, Do you see on your Quest Log, that the World quest gets added or not?.

1 person likes this

nope, i have no progress in quest log on world quests, enemies are not marked to be objective and even after kill quest doesn't count it. same goes for non enemy objective.

2 people like this

I am grinding 9 alts on worldquest, and came across that problem... actually in a very small occasional way I stumbled across this already month ago... but now for some reasons it got really worse since 3 days kinda. But from my past experience I found some workarounds to this. I have my own way of "solving" it, so maybe what I can tell helps at least a little.

Basic problem is, the quests wont "trigger" to start off... and since the quest does not start even, the progress wont get couinted, its kinda inactive.

So I have the feeling that two things come together... first off all worldquests need questspace and second the overlap each other.

So to solve it, the first thing is to keep some space free in your questlogg. lets say u got 23 quests there, and as soon as your char triggers 2 further worldquests, its full and wont accept any more ... so have at lest 5-7 quests free, optimal is something between 15-20 quests maximum active in your questlogg. But thats only the smaller part of the problem,

The overlapping, how i call it, simply is some mysterious way the quests overlap each other, that I can't really explain or understand its shematic. Simply put, some quests wont start off before you cleared out others, Can`t figure out the system behind that tho.

So what I do, is to ride along all other worldquests nearest to the one i actually want to make... sometimes even 5 quests next to each other wont work at all... but then suddenly theres one working, and after finishing it... kazaaam, others that did not work suddenly trigger... rinse and repeat, rng... and I get to my goal.

Sometimes its a fast solution, like one quest blocking 5 others, or some quest near it already resolving it... but sometimes its also painfull, and I check 5 quests that wont work, then need to resolve 3 others before the one I actually want is available,, But in the end im never totally stuck on it. Theres always some way to "unlock" them

Sorry for the wall of text, but maybe it can help someone...

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Sarah Shan said:

I am grinding 9 alts on worldquest, and came across that problem... actually in a very small occasional way I stumbled across this already month ago... but now for some reasons it got really worse since 3 days kinda. But from my past experience I found some workarounds to this. I have my own way of "solving" it, so maybe what I can tell helps at least a little.

Basic problem is, the quests wont "trigger" to start off... and since the quest does not start even, the progress wont get couinted, its kinda inactive.

So I have the feeling that two things come together... first off all worldquests need questspace and second the overlap each other.

So to solve it, the first thing is to keep some space free in your questlogg. lets say u got 23 quests there, and as soon as your char triggers 2 further worldquests, its full and wont accept any more ... so have at lest 5-7 quests free, optimal is something between 15-20 quests maximum active in your questlogg. But thats only the smaller part of the problem,

The overlapping, how i call it, simply is some mysterious way the quests overlap each other, that I can't really explain or understand its shematic. Simply put, some quests wont start off before you cleared out others, Can`t figure out the system behind that tho.

So what I do, is to ride along all other worldquests nearest to the one i actually want to make... sometimes even 5 quests next to each other wont work at all... but then suddenly theres one working, and after finishing it... kazaaam, others that did not work suddenly trigger... rinse and repeat, rng... and I get to my goal.

Sometimes its a fast solution, like one quest blocking 5 others, or some quest near it already resolving it... but sometimes its also painfull, and I check 5 quests that wont work, then need to resolve 3 others before the one I actually want is available,, But in the end im never totally stuck on it. Theres always some way to "unlock" them

Sorry for the wall of text, but maybe it can help someone...

HOLY SHIT ! THAT'S IT ! 

I didn't even realise my quest log was full ! All I had to do was to abandon some of the old quests and now it works !! Gotta spread the word mate, this is great.

Thank you a lot. 

1 person likes this

np np, like those tips there help actually like 99% in one way or the other, just today had my first rare ecception, where i could try it all, but my priest did not get fixed... in this one case it was connected to a very old WoD quest i had in log, which made me phase kinda... But it was totally not logical in any way, since i had that quest in my log for 2 month and it did not cause any problems... suddenly as of yesterday i guess, this one WoD quest made me phase... the one to follow khadgar thats buggy anyway... as soon as i abandoned it, everything fine again... batshit crazy i tell u...

but this was really a rare ecception, other alts have the same quest not causing any problems... usually its all about free space in logs and overrides.

good luck and happy WQ grinding xD

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Sarah Shan said:

np np, like those tips there help actually like 99% in one way or the other, just today had my first rare ecception, where i could try it all, but my priest did not get fixed... in this one case it was connected to a very old WoD quest i had in log, which made me phase kinda... But it was totally not logical in any way, since i had that quest in my log for 2 month and it did not cause any problems... suddenly as of yesterday i guess, this one WoD quest made me phase... the one to follow khadgar thats buggy anyway... as soon as i abandoned it, everything fine again... batshit crazy i tell u...

but this was really a rare ecception, other alts have the same quest not causing any problems... usually its all about free space in logs and overrides.

good luck and happy WQ grinding xD

Yeah right, hopefully it works for everyone. It's such an easily fixable problem yet so many of us didn't understand what's causing it and how to fix it. Not even the GMs knew what to do when I opened the ticket. 

You made my day.

1 person likes this