• Announcements

10 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've slowly become annoyed by the aggressive beggars in Stormwind and I've began thinking that there should be a rule for no begging.
There is absolutely no reason to beg and it is harmful behavior so therefore should be denied.

It wouldn't need to be "watched over" just giving them a few day mute should do if a GM or other moderator with mute happens to see this kind of disrupting behavior.

Why no one ever made an addon to filter out any text with gold begging and to send 100's of replies back "thou shall not beg". There is a profanity filter as well, so why not a beg filter. I think the best way would be open a trade window with 100g and then take a coffee break of 5 min. I also see people asking for stuff in guild chat and then even in whispers. They are ignored for life by me, but you can only have a small list until it is full. There used to be an ignore addon but it didn't work properly.

But if people continue begging there must be idiots who give them something. Now with the recent level 100 boost, you'll have loads of people without any gold Legion ready. They can't buy riding skills nor mounts and think this is a fun server where everyone can get 5k g. Since this is not the case, I totally agree with you to outlaw begging. If you make a screenshot and report it on this site, their ip address should get a week ban.

you guys are funny

2 people like this

IP bans aren't really effective, there should be character based punishment.

But even if u got instant 100 u can just head to broken isles and do 4 quests get normal mount and then continue questing because u cant fly there anyhow.
I can't understand why people start begging when it's more practical and efficient to get the money by urself.

10 hours ago, troncho said:

you guys are funny

Whats funny about this issue? please justify

2 hours ago, Blackhearted said:

IP bans aren't really effective, there should be character based punishment.

But even if u got instant 100 u can just head to broken isles and do 4 quests get normal mount and then continue questing because u cant fly there anyhow.
I can't understand why people start begging when it's more practical and efficient to get the money by urself.

It's funny because there is already the solution in game and it's the command /ignore.

No reasons Gms should waste their time with pointless things like these just because some spoiled player doesn't want to trouble himself to just ignore the guy whispering or typing a command.

6 hours ago, Blackhearted said:

3 hours ago, Sbrillocoso said:

It's funny because there is already the solution in game and it's the command /ignore.

No reasons Gms should waste their time with pointless things like these just because some spoiled player doesn't want to trouble himself to just ignore the guy whispering or typing a command.

I believe that brainless suggestions such as this one should get the person responsible banned or at least muted for a week

That is not gonna happen no one Will get ban for it...

you can ignore them

or tell them dude go make some quest

or easy NO

Or use me respond (ask in guild for help)

Im not asking for bans but simply disallowing it to discourage players from starting to beg in the first place.

I've been ignoring them but since ignore list is so short it keeps getting full, I've began avoiding stormwind because every time I visit there for AH, there are people spamming and yelling for gold and starting trades when you visit mail.
Why I made this post is because when they spam whispers at you and you tell them ways and tips to make gold they just make up some excuse and beg more, when you tell them no they still beg and trade you.
That's definitely not honorable behavior and I don't see why we should not discourage begging as it is disrupting the game experience for others.

Hello Blackhearted

Gold beggars exist and always existed. It is a  plague sometimes. But you, as a veteran can always use the ignore function or even the block trade if they spam your trade.
In your Settings/Interface/Social Actions, you will find block trades.
And when you need to trade just unlock it.
I agree is a nuisance but this is the best way to discourage such a behavior.

regards

GM Amadreea