Sam

[Accepted] Increasing the punishment time for people breaking the rules [In-game]

7 posts in this topic

Title: Increasing the punishment time for people breaking the rules

Type: In-game

Description: 

Hi, I wonder if it would be possible to increase the time-out for those who break the rules. We have an issue on legion at night (server time). When some of the players realize that there are no game masters around, they start unleashing their bullshit over world chat. Most of the time, they start trashing other players, and do not get me started on racism. I really miss the MoP game masters. They took real actions against those players. One of the players was bragging how he broke the rules and got a one hour mute, only.

Regards and thanks.

1 person likes this

I started avoiding the capital cities for this reason to such an extent, that I did not visit Jeanne for a month :-D

It is that serious.

To underline Altruist's observations, here is the last report from early morning 8:47 GMT+2:
http://us.forum.firestorm-servers.com/index.php?/topic/22580-sylvanas-cock/

I think more swift and instant response to inapproprite behaviour would be really effective.

For this it is necessary that the in-game reporting function works:
- instantly notifying GMs, managing a list of reported players to be handled
- and auto-muting on multiple individual reports

seriously what happened to the punishments.

a  mute for racism in world chat? i see mutes handed out but i dont see all that many bans, and if they ARE being banned, then number of offences is not being taken into account

i remember when erotic content racism discrimination etc was a BAN not a mute, not a warning, a BAN and if you kept doing it you got permaed.

what happened?  hackers dont get permaed instantly???? what the hell happened?    world chat is HORRIBLE now that people know they cant/wont get banned, i myself have taken advantage of this

the rules are fine, its the punishments that are failing.  they need to be stepped up in a big way.

the other night in MoP world chat someone called someone else a fat bug lipped ni***r   all he got was a mere kick.   he relogged and was RIGHT BACK AT IT.    what is that?
the timing of the punishments being lessened is the same as world chat becoming troll chat.  not a coincidence    

I remember Sadistic being kicked from world chat for a year for my middle finger macro.  litterally a year..... i could not join world for 365 days..... what happened to the punishments????

I mourn for what this server used to be, and the changed in punishments is one of the things i cry over.  
Make the punishments what they used to be, and Lets Make Firestorm Great Again!

further edit:  Most of you know I am Blatancy  i used to report daily.  now i only bother if someone is really ruining the game for me.   and even then its with a half felt hope that something might be done.   and im at the point where im not even wanting to waste the time to report someone hacking or being racist in world chat because all they will get is warned, or muted while they are offline.    so whats the point?

Edited by Crusading

Yeah, sadly the punishments are not harsh, enough. You should see legion chat. What have you been up to Blatancy? Do you remember me :)?. I moved to legion, totally removed my MoP client. I reported some of the people who insisted on repeating the same offense more than one time. I even asked them to apologize for it before reporting. They did not. They insisted on doing it, stating that they do not care and they will only get a mute. Ironic right. Though, you should continue reporting those people. They keep getting warning points on their account, once they reach enough warnings, that will result in a ban.

Edited by Sam

Hahaha i remeber you.   Yeah i came back full time to play.  Mostly been on 74 bracket with like 5 twinks haha. 

Been working on a new guild but am putting off recruiting for a while so i can unlock shit for it and be able to offer more than a lvl nab guild

I would use order of the phoenix but its guild level achieves are bugged and it wont let guild vendor sell anything that requires a certoan guild level :(  

How you been?

On topic: I have pretty much given up on reporting.   Look at my report from the other day. 2 offences both of which used to be a ban.  Now he MIGHT get a mute most likely a kick that will just make him relog IF it happens while he is online.     Im done reporting.   There is literally no point.  The rules are such that hackers can and do roam free and the knowledge that nothing will really happen makes taking the time to acreen and report completely pointless.     These punishments are a joke.   

Come back to mop man twink 74 with me haha

Nope, you come to legion. MoP is so over. Nobody plays in there. In Legion we get insane number of players with a lot to do. Make sure you put 200k gold on the character you are transferring, though.

Edited by Dallaryen

World chat should be a bit better, we're still implementing things and getting things sorted for these issues.