Yelawølf

[Declined] [Legion] Cross faction [In-game]

Cross Faction on Legion   74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to make Sylvanas a Cross faction realm?

• Yes, please.
    • Just, NO!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Title: [Legion] Cross faction

Type: In-game

Description: 

Greetings everyone,

As we all know there's no cross faction currently on our international Legion realm. Which has a good and a bad side. But in my opinion it does good more than bad. I personally like to play both PvP and PvE and probably many other players like to do the same. The currently problem in Sylvanas, is that the PvP is so unbalanced. As well as the PvE. Through my personal experience, I noticed that the Alliance wins most of the battle grounds. Probably because new players are rolling new ungeared Horde characters. Which takes us to my next point. PvE, the most famous guilds are playing on the horde side. Which are guilds that came from MoP and other expansion and they all have to be on the same side to play together. Players keep coming from other expansions to Legion to find out that their old guild is on the Horde side then they switch to horde as well, ungeared since they are new, and the first thing they do to get some start up gear is to play battlegrounds which explain why the Horde lose most of the time. Because these players won't continue playing PvP as soon as they get geared since they are originally PvE players. So here, me and most of players who love playing PvP and at the same time find themselves stuck in the middle. Either join the Horde with your old guild then never win a battleground again or join the Alliance, play PvP but never find a decent guild that will carry you since you're a new player.

Edited by Yelawølf
2 people like this

i disagree, since both faction have decent population and its fine.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, endeavoru said:

i disagree, since both faction have decent population and its fine.

If you read my post you'd know that it's not about population. Just a side note for you, there's more Horde than Alliance. And the free faction change to the Alliance proves it. 

Up.

Cross faction is a bad ideea, this game is and should always be horde vs alliance.  I know on blizz they made mercenary mode and almost nobody use it.Regarding ur  sugestion it was requested before and declined: 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Sh|eld said:

Cross faction is a bad ideea, this game is and should always be horde vs alliance.  I know on blizz they made mercenary mode and almost nobody use it.Regarding ur  sugestion it was requested before and declined: 

That's not my suggestion. He suggested cross faction battlegrounds. I'm suggesting cross faction the way it's implemented on MoP realms.

its easier to maintain one main realm instead of opening a new realm with cross-faction just like WoD or MoP realm long time ago, unfortunately they have to merge all of em in the end. 

Disagree

1 person likes this

Just : -1.

15 minutes ago, souna1000 said:

Disagree

2 minutes ago, Aeymi said:

Just : -1.

Simply saying that without giving any argument does not help the community in anyway. 

Please, never think about that again. You can't just make it Cross-Faction, idk how you think this should work out, but it won't.
Top PvE Guilds will insult eachother (bugabusers, noobs, cheaters etc.) and the PvP Competition will be bad too, since you will see alot more Flame everywhere. 
This is how it always ends up. Im not sure if it was this server, but they already tried to make Cross-Faction for a Realm (with Cross-Faction World Chat aswell) and it just did not end up well, i think it lasted for 2 weeks untill they decided to roll back to the NORMAL WoW Experience.

TL;DR: 
It won't give any benefits to the Community, it will only make it worse in general. Hands down.

Edited by Titanii
2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Titanii said:

Please, never think about that again. You can't just make it Cross-Faction, idk how you think this should work out, but it won't.
Top PvE Guilds will insult eachother (bugabusers, noobs, cheaters etc.) and the PvP Competition will be bad too, since you will see alot more Flame everywhere. 
This is how it always ends up. Im not sure if it was this server, but they already tried to make Cross-Faction for a Realm (with Cross-Faction World Chat aswell) and it just did not end up well, i think it lasted for 2 weeks untill they decided to roll back to the NORMAL WoW Experience.

TL;DR: 
It won't give any benefits to the Community, it will only make it worse in general. Hands down.

Simply aint true

Sorry but we had crossfaction in MoP here on firestorm like... forever... and it had only benefits

More lively worldchat,

more raids organized

better guild competition

etc...

Let alone some pple pref Horde races, others Ally races, and when they are friends they cant play together.

Crossfaction in MoP was simply awesome, and even tho Legions pop is big enough to not need crossfaction, it would be undoubtly an improvement.

I played 3 years on MoP and I can't see any downside from crossfaction, the only thing was that you had to be smarter about raiding the other factions capital or king... But thats really the only thing. Everything else, from communication over trading to raid and dungeon organisation and furthermore guildrosters, simply was better, easier and much more fun

5 people like this

Up.

1 hour ago, Yelawølf said:

Up.

Greetings Yelawølf, There is no need to bump your post as people/staff are always checking them.

Regards,

Forum moderator Titan.

Doing cross-faction raids on Rukhmar daily, I would love the option to join the Horde and Alliance raids. We are doing the same already with the cooperation of the two leaders.

All players should take this game as warcraft not friendcraft, i'm totaly against it and its no point in doing such things on legion realm, population Is high, almost instant queue in battlegrounds. Legion  Its already bad for pvp as expansion in pve server..  world pvp Is almost dead because most ppl have pvp turned off on this server but once in a while you can fight with some players in world that keep pvp on. If you make friendcraft server this things will be over. If this was such a great ideea don't u think blizzard would already have it in in game? Instead blizz added the mercenary mode for those few ppl Who don't care about the faction. Years ago i left from a server and came here with all My friends because they added cross-faction thing. Just don't do this with legion realm. Cheers 

2 people like this

Yes, retail servers are more developed in this sense, and many others. This post from _2014_ explains well, how it makes sense from a lore perspective:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15140594996

And with world pvp, I see about 50% of max level characters with pvp flag, so there is oppurtunity for playing with those who are prepared to return fire.  All the others without pvp flag are either low level, or not prepared to fight.  Fighting them would be unhonorable or unfair, though I know people are looking for these opportunities, and happily take advantage of pvp-forced unsuspecting players, unaware of the fact that a bug, or a badly placed pvp mob flagged them for pvp.

If you are looking for plenty of pvp players, then do what Hassouna does, and protect Org from him, or raid SW yourself :-D

Edited by Dallaryen

1 hour ago, Sh|eld said:

All players should take this game as warcraft not friendcraft, i'm totaly against it and its no point in doing such things on legion realm, population Is high, almost instant queue in battlegrounds. Legion  Its already bad for pvp as expansion in pve server..  world pvp Is almost dead because most ppl have pvp turned off on this server but once in a while you can fight with some players in world that keep pvp on. If you make friendcraft server this things will be over. If this was such a great ideea don't u think blizzard would already have it in in game? Instead blizz added the mercenary mode for those few ppl Who don't care about the faction. Years ago i left from a server and came here with all My friends because they added cross-faction thing. Just don't do this with legion realm. Cheers 

i agree with you 100% , and firestorm should make the Server PvP not PvE , i mean they can still release PvE content more , but make it PvP atleast for the Option to not anyone flag himself PvP disabled , it kills world PvP 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, souna1000 said:

i agree with you 100% , and firestorm should make the Server PvP not PvE , i mean they can still release PvE content more , but make it PvP atleast for the Option to not anyone flag himself PvP disabled , it kills world PvP 

they should make it PvP server so world pvp will be alive again, so taht killing worldbosses will be fun too with random pvp, rather than seeing world bossess getting killed without even a challenge.  since lots people loves duel too, why not make the world pvp alive since it has the same rules as duelling. and so that we can camp noobs powerleveling on grind spots. so your hardworked scripted quests will have its use cuz they will quest and not stop on grind spots. so more bug reports and lots of fixes will happen . because of that the server will improve. rather than dodging the bugged quests and go on grind spots to level.

2 people like this

On 2017. 06. 28. at 3:46 PM, Sarah Shan said:

Simply aint true

Sorry but we had crossfaction in MoP here on firestorm like... forever... and it had only benefits

More lively worldchat,

more raids organized

better guild competition

etc...

Let alone some pple pref Horde races, others Ally races, and when they are friends they cant play together.

Crossfaction in MoP was simply awesome, and even tho Legions pop is big enough to not need crossfaction, it would be undoubtly an improvement.

I played 3 years on MoP and I can't see any downside from crossfaction, the only thing was that you had to be smarter about raiding the other factions capital or king... But thats really the only thing. Everything else, from communication over trading to raid and dungeon organisation and furthermore guildrosters, simply was better, easier and much more fun

Like this.

2 people like this

On 7/4/2017 at 0:59 PM, souna1000 said:

You're totally getting off topic right there. The server is already PvE. If you wish to make it PvP go make your own thread in suggestion section. My suggestion is not about making it more or less PvE/PvP. My suggestion is to allow players to chose what they want. Not just because you love PvP the whole server must be forced to do what you like. You're looking for world PvP? Why don't you try Dalaran sewers? I bet you won't survive a minute there. You want everyone to be flagged for PvP just to do what every unhonorable player does, kill low level/geared players. If you're skilled enough Dalaran sewers is more than enough for world PvP lovers. But what does that have to do with cross faction though? Will cross faction stop you from killing players from the opposite faction? No. Your arguments are weak and does not justify what you're saying. The cross faction is a beautiful touch to add to the game and this isn't blizzard. Blizzard-like, maybe. But that does not mean Firestorm must follow them in every single thing. They got to add their own touch to the game. You don't like cross faction? Easy, don't be friends nor friendly to the opposite faction because you're not forced to. It won't affect your gameplay in anyway. In the other hand most of PvE players and PvP/PvE players will love it as they are left with so many option (their favorite race with their friends in the same guild). 

Edited by Yelawølf
3 people like this

5 hours ago, Yelawølf said:

You're totally getting off topic right there. The server is already PvE. If you wish to make it PvP go make your own thread in suggestion section. My suggestion is not about making it more or less PvE/PvP. My suggestion is to allow players to chose what they want. Not just because you love PvP the whole server must be forced to do what you like. You're looking for world PvP? Why don't you try Dalaran sewers? I bet you won't survive a minute there. You want everyone to be flagged for PvP just to do what every unhonorable player does, kill low level/geared players. If you're skilled enough Dalaran sewers is more than enough for world PvP lovers. But what does that have to do with cross faction though? Will cross faction stop you from killing players from the opposite faction? No. Your arguments are weak and does not justify what you're saying. The cross faction is a beautiful touch to add to the game and this isn't blizzard. Blizzard-like, maybe. But that does not mean Firestorm must follow them in every single thing. They got to add their own touch to the game. You don't like cross faction? Easy, don't be friends nor friendly to the opposite faction because you're not forced to. It won't affect your gameplay in anyway. In the other hand most of PvE players and PvP/PvE players will love it as they are left with so many option (their favorite race with their friends in the same guild). 

Also just as an extra to your comment there are also pvp only zones in the broken islands where you go over there and get flagged for pvp as they are pvp world quests zone ( Which we do not have them yet sadly) 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, TitanFurryWf said:

Also just as an extra to your comment there are also pvp only zones in the broken islands where you go over there and get flagged for pvp as they are pvp world quests zone ( Which we do not have them yet sadly) 

These things can be easily fixed. I might even make a patch to fix them myself.

Sylvanas will not getting cross faction

1 person likes this