No.Wolf

[Declined] PRICE DOWN ARTIFACT RESEARCH NOTES [Shop]

31 posts in this topic

Title: PRICE DOWN ARTIFACT RESEARCH NOTES

Type: Shop

Description: 

Please price down Artifact research notes from 45 gold points to 20 gold points it will be more worth for players and they will be buying it more frequently, so it will be worth for server too :) and for new players it will be worth too, to have atleast some artifact research from start.

I am here to enjoy game in it's full potential and not wait 3 months for full artifact knowledge.. i want to play and i want to be good as others..

2 people like this

bump

4 hours ago, No.Wolf said:

bump

Greetings again No.Wolf, There is no need to bump a suggestion, Once its done administrators will take a look at them and be considered.

Regards,

Forum moderator Titan.

maybe someone could look at it please ? :)

I was one of people to suggest to add loyalty points to these reasearch notes, so people can catch up if they "join late to the party". So they added it for 300 LP which requires almost a month for average person to buy. This is not the catch up mechanic that i asked for. Prices on it should be heavily reduced. Maybe to 20-25 FP and 50 LP so it's actually a catch up mechanic and not just adding it for the sake of not favoring donors too much (and this is coming from a donor). Lowering the LP price to 50 would be an actual catch up mechanic since people would be able to buy an additional one AK per 4-6 days, depending on how much LP they gain a day.

Im unsure if person that decided it'll be 300 LP wasn't "smart" enough to "calculate" that it's pointless or if the person just thought no one will notice this cheap play so people won't complain.

Edited by DrSandwich
2 people like this

halo? or maybe add quest "knowledge is power" ?

Yes some catch up mechanic is really needed, I joined this server 12 days ago and got 110 few days back, yesterday I got my first atrifact knowledge note and I can tell you from my new player experience that the feeling of everyone selling chars with almost all artifact traits for all their specs and full knowledge like its nothing is really bad. While getting lvl 25 knowledge with 5days research and shop takes way too long I can only see this unavoidable time grind( or its not really a grind since you could grind more this is just the 5 days and thats it) . I will be missing so many important spells for a really long time if it continues like this. 1 knowledge note from shop will take about 2months for me with speed with which I get LP. So all in all you get lvl 25 with help of using shop (which will shorter the time by about something like 10 days which is kinda nothing- not even 10% faster)in something like almost half a year. Even on retail you get shorter research and also knowledge is power quest. Please make this happen - the price has to be reduced to about 50 LP to be worth it or add "knowledge is power" quest or shorthen research times.

This is my experience as newcomer to the community.

1 hour ago, Focuslow said:

Yes some catch up mechanic is really needed, I joined this server 12 days ago and got 110 few days back, yesterday I got my first atrifact knowledge note and I can tell you from my new player experience that the feeling of everyone selling chars with almost all artifact traits for all their specs and full knowledge like its nothing is really bad. While getting lvl 25 knowledge with 5days research and shop takes way too long I can only see this unavoidable time grind( or its not really a grind since you could grind more this is just the 5 days and thats it) . I will be missing so many important spells for a really long time if it continues like this. 1 knowledge note from shop will take about 2months for me with speed with which I get LP. So all in all you get lvl 25 with help of using shop (which will shorter the time by about something like 10 days which is kinda nothing- not even 10% faster)in something like almost half a year. Even on retail you get shorter research and also knowledge is power quest. Please make this happen - the price has to be reduced to about 50 LP to be worth it or add "knowledge is power" quest or shorthen research times.

This is my experience as newcomer to the community.

Everyone you see selling chars, had same way as you to gain artifact knowledge... so if they are level25, they spendt quite a long time to get this, or used the shop. Yes you are absolutly correct, there is retail mechanics that allows you to boost your AK, from 1->15 for ingame currency, this was added in 7.1.5, but as of right now, we are currently still adding 7.0.3 content, we are still far behind 7.1.5 content, and even 7.1 content. We are currently missing dungeons, zones and a part of the raid, Blizzard implemented a lot of stuff in 7.1.5 to help players catch up to the content added in 7.1.5 I.E Nighthold, and there is still quite a lot of content between us and Nighthold. Yes it may suck to grind, but everything in Legion is as such. This is not saying it wont be implemented, just telling you that just because it's in 7.1.5 does not mean it will be implemented right away since there is still quite some 7.0.3 content missing

Edited by tweek

4 minutes ago, tweek said:

Everyone you see selling chars, had same way as you to gain artifact knowledge... so if they are level25, they spendt quite a long time to get this, or used the shop. Yes you are absolutly correct, there is retail mechanics that allows you to boost your AK, from 1->15 for ingame currency, this was added in 7.1.5, but as of right now, we are currently still adding 7.0.3 content, we are still far behind 7.1.5 content, and even 7.1 content. We are currently missing dungeons, zones and a part of the raid, Blizzard implemented a lot of stuff in 7.1.5 to help players catch up to the content added in 7.1.5 I.E Nighthold. Yes it may suck to grind, but everything in Legion is a such. This is not saying it wont be implemented, just telling you that just because it's in 7.1.5 does not mean it will be implemented right away since there is still quite some 7.0.3 content missing

But think about it, many potential players will rather go leveling on another server, where they could reach 25 artifact knowledge real quick, and I am upset of it too, because i don't want to leave this server but waiting 3 to 4 months to be as good as other players? I think it's not fair, because i didn't play like 8 months and suddenly everyone is better than me, why? Because they have so much traits and i have like only 15 and i can't even put 3rd relic, i think it's really not fair and i want to enjoy the game through the summer and not just grinding, waiting ... it's not fun when you can't even go raid because u don' t have dps because of that traits...

2 minutes ago, No.Wolf said:

But think about it, many potential players will rather go leveling on another server, where they could reach 25 artifact knowledge real quick, and I am upset of it too, because i don't want to leave this server but waiting 3 to 4 months to be as good as other players? I think it's not fair, because i didn't play like 8 months and suddenly everyone is better than me, why? Because they have so much traits and i have like only 15 and i can't even put 3rd relic, i think it's really not fair and i want to enjoy the game through the summer and not just grinding, waiting ... it's not fun when you can't even go raid because u don' t have dps because of that traits...

So the problem is that other players put more time into the game and therfor they are stronger than you??? 
And here is what EN Mythic was cleared with on retail, artifact level 24, AK 9
Mythic+10 Artifact level 15+ AK 5+
Your current artifact level and AK has nothing to do with you clearing our current content, it's very doable, and the AK 25 / Artifact level 54, was for mythic Nighthold Progression.

If you say it sucks to wait, because u just want to be stronger, i can understand that, but your current AK and artifact level, does not hinder you for clearing our current content, or the content to come in near future.. And with the current gear you can get, you have MORE than enough dps straight up, we are talking about #1 world dps on ursoc was warrior with 450k after a few weeks of opening, u telling me there arent a 1000 players with double that on our realm atm?

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, tweek said:

So the problem is that other players put more time into the game and therfor they are stronger than you??? 
And here is what EN Mythic was cleared with on retail, artifact level 24, AK 9
Mythic+10 Artifact level 15+ AK 5+
Your current artifact level and AK has nothing to do with you clearing our current content, it's very doable, and the AK 25 / Artifact level 54, was for mythic Nighthold Progression.

If you say it sucks to wait, because u just want to be stronger, i can understand that, but your current AK and artifact level, does not hinder you for clearing our current content, or the content to come in near future.. And with the current gear you can get, you have MORE than enough dps straight up, we are talking about #1 world dps on ursoc was warrior with 450k after a few weeks of opening, u telling me there arent a 1000 players with double that on our realm atm?

Problem is that new players can't catch players who grinded from the start, this is the problem, and also is problem that raid leaders will rather invite players who have more artifacts traits than new players. That's why Blizzard implented this catchup mechanic, and you're talking against it. Your arguments are not arguments, but if you already have 25 AK. I understand you, because u want to feel better, because you did it.. you waited so long and you don't want the newbies to be as good as you.

+ what time are you talking about? Is it too hard just start Wow.exe, login and make next work order? This is that "put more time into the game" ROFL.

Edited by No.Wolf

1 hour ago, No.Wolf said:

Problem is that new players can't catch players who grinded from the start, this is the problem, and also is problem that raid leaders will rather invite players who have more artifacts traits than new players. That's why Blizzard implented this catchup mechanic, and you're talking against it. Your arguments are not arguments, but if you already have 25 AK. I understand you, because u want to feel better, because you did it.. you waited so long and you don't want the newbies to be as good as you.

+ what time are you talking about? Is it too hard just start Wow.exe, login and make next work order? This is that "put more time into the game" ROFL.

I playd retail, and PUG's is ilvl req. not artifact knowledge... and if people do not want to invite you into raids for Heroic EN because u do not have artifact level 54, then thats a whole nother problem. And yes people who playd longer is stronger than you... that's kinda logical? and yes its very valid, blizzar implemented catch-up so you can catch up for the content that will be added... that is why they upped the synopsis from 15->25 at nighhold opening, and not at the start. Like i said, it really just sounds like you want free AK because why not..

PS. ALOT of players me included playd the game and not just log in and start order and log out, the player base of 6k+ players whos been here from the beginning has playd the game while their AK cloak was ticking... you have plenty of things to do while waiting, and it does not hurt your artifact level, farming with a AK level under 25. u still get artifact power from content

Edited by tweek

I'm not asking for free AK, I'm giving you suggestion because from my point of view I cant move to better content because every guild (which raids) I saw so far accept players only with this some absurd amount of traits and ilvl which I can't get also pvp feels kinda weird since you still miss so much in comparison to other people, also 3rd relic only after 25 traits is bit overkill with this slow progression. So no I'm not asking for free AK, I'm telling you that it feels frustrating because I'm not in shape to compete against players who just were longer on the server eventhough I might be actually better at the game - that's why there should be catch up mechanism (not to skip the grind, but to have a chace against other players). I know it would take a new player almost half a year just to get to that spot where 25ak players are now and by that time they will be even further then because after half a year there might be other raid and people will do older raids less often and new players still won't be the guys that guilds( if you even get to a one since you are lacking behind) would take to the new raid. New players will just stay behind forever.We are trying to help you here not get "free AK".

47 minutes ago, Focuslow said:

I'm not asking for free AK, I'm giving you suggestion because from my point of view I cant move to better content because every guild (which raids) I saw so far accept players only with this some absurd amount of traits and ilvl which I can't get also pvp feels kinda weird since you still miss so much in comparison to other people, also 3rd relic only after 25 traits is bit overkill with this slow progression. So no I'm not asking for free AK, I'm telling you that it feels frustrating because I'm not in shape to compete against players who just were longer on the server eventhough I might be actually better at the game - that's why there should be catch up mechanism (not to skip the grind, but to have a chace against other players). I know it would take a new player almost half a year just to get to that spot where 25ak players are now and by that time they will be even further then because after half a year there might be other raid and people will do older raids less often and new players still won't be the guys that guilds( if you even get to a one since you are lacking behind) would take to the new raid. New players will just stay behind forever.We are trying to help you here not get "free AK".

If players is denied raids and guilds based on this, then it's a total nother problem, and such problems should not exist on a private server, since we do have a limited player pool.. but if you look at the arguments it does really sounds like people just want "free" ak, because they look at it as waste of time, or they want to be as strong as others, but if you simple can't play the game based on a missing mechanic, it's an issue.. saying u need 25ak to kill our content is not true, saying u can't do mythic+ because of lacking AK is not true... but if you can't get invited into raids or guilds based on this, then there is a fundemental problem that needs to be fixed

I think the price for those AP items is not worth the fuss.

Changing the LP price to about 50 would allow for some nice catch up mechanic where people would get additional AK per 4-6 days depending on how much LP they gain a day. Changing a price on the item in shop is all you need to do, Firestorm. Literally nothing else for now.

Obviously reducing the FP price would need to happen too on these Research Notes.

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, DrSandwich said:

Changing the LP price to about 50 would allow for some nice catch up mechanic where people would get additional AK per 4-6 days depending on how much LP they gain a day. Changing a price on the item in shop is all you need to do, Firestorm. Literally nothing else for now.

Obviously reducing the FP price would need to happen too on these Research Notes.

For this i have a better suggestion :

1) 10 artifact knowledge For 50 FS points

2) 1 artifact knowledge for 50 loyality points 

this way people will be attracted by the 50FS Points one , and encourage buying them , and also will lower the loyality price , this way both get benefited , firestorm and players 

I have 11 characters with 25 ak, it's really not that hard, once my main got to 25 ak i could buy the books to give instant 20 ak to the others

my main is 852ilvl because i don't play for the mythic content, even with that ilvl and 32 traits you won't get picked to mythic if you are not a healer, even for bg the minimum is 860ilvl, stop complaining and play the game, I play for fun if you play with the mythic content in mind you'll get there easily

very unfair this iz, gimme insta AK 99, and all mounts, over 9000 traits, all legendaries and all achievements. A ton of slutmogs and maxlvl BiS gear. INSTA! Now!

Cause that totally would not ruin the fun.

18 minutes ago, Sarah Shan said:

very unfair this iz, gimme insta AK 99, and all mounts, over 9000 traits, all legendaries and all achievements. A ton of slutmogs and maxlvl BiS gear. INSTA! Now!

44 minutes ago, Asbestus said:

I have 11 characters with 25 ak, it's really not that hard, once my main got to 25 ak i could buy the books to give instant 20 ak to the others

my main is 852ilvl because i don't play for the mythic content, even with that ilvl and 32 traits you won't get picked to mythic if you are not a healer, even for bg the minimum is 860ilvl, stop complaining and play the game, I play for fun if you play with the mythic content in mind you'll get there easily

People are simply asking for an AK catch-up mechanic for those who recently joined the server. Blizzard actually thought of that aswell and made quest "Knowledge is Power", but since it's not working people suggested a replacement which won't require a lot of work from Firestorm. There's nothing hard about the system. it's just time consuming. Dont get me wrong - I myself have AK 25 on all my characters i play, but I can put myself in shoes of another player and in that case - a new player.

1 person likes this

I don't understand some people... how can you be against this suggestion? Attract new players and motivate them to stay on the server..  AK compendium notes are cool but they don't provide any help for the new players.. 

3 hours ago, Sarah Shan said:

Did you send AK compendium notes on your alts or you went for 1-25 with 5 days waiting for each ? Im guessing you waited for each note else your fun would have been ruined..

No one is against adding the Synopsis mechanic, it's just a question about when to add it.

22 minutes ago, tweek said:

No one is against adding the Synopsis mechanic, it's just a question about when to add it.

As I already said - the need for AK Synopsis wouldn't be that big if the price in the shop wouldn't be heavily lowered (check my post above). There would be no need to fix the "Knowledge is Power" quests (the AK synopsis) for a while.

17 hours ago, madeofsun said:

Did you send AK compendium notes on your alts or you went for 1-25 with 5 days waiting for each ? Im guessing you waited for each note else your fun would have been ruined..

Oh sorry, I did not write in big letters SARCASM and therefor triggered you, damn I always assume people got that grain of smartness that when all I do is accumulate a bunch of hillarious and flase claims, that they get the joke in it. Ofc my humor isn't that good to make people laugh, but all I intended for was to get the obvious joke in it. Well guess I asked too much off there.

Moreover on a more serious note, I think progression is important. Also the flipside of it. And well I underwent that progression by grinding my main to 25AK while getting my 7 alts AK 10ish in the meantime, and ofc when my main hit 25AK I passed compendiums to raise my others 10AK to 20AK before grinding those out to 25AK again... that is progression. And only because I like progression and development, I totally dont get why I should go from 1 to 25 on all alts, if the system implemented in our current server gives us the possibility to pass compendiums. Well I u can't understand my arcasm, ther is no point in me understanding yours.

on topic:

Honestly I get where you all coming from, and yeye maybe it would be more friendly for new players, but then again I think its not much of a deal. It is no major throwback tbh. There is so much to do before reaching, or better said while reaching AK25 on the way. Gearprogression, worldexploring, questlines etc etc. Cause in the bigger picture as soon as you hit 40 traits it does all not make such a bigg difference anymore, and most stop caring for over all AP grind compared to high end and BiS gear.

The only good thing about your idea is, that its rly no big deal of a devs work. Just one pretag change. Imo its really not important, but yet easy to do. If it helps, go for it.

1 person likes this