Sordnay

[MAC - Legion] How to

72 posts in this topic

really?For me it appears a the name of client is ˜Legion-Full Windows.zip

Yup, same for me. I downloaded it thinking I would have to find a way to launch it, but nope. It actually gave me a .dmg/.app

Consulta, para ejecutar el juego siempre tengo que abrir el launcher desde el contenido del paquete? y mi otra duda es que ya una vez descargada la expansión de legión le pongo play, se minimiza pero nunca arranca el juego, que puedo hacer? gracias

Edited by fer_herediac

On 2017-12-02 at 1:09 PM, Sordnay said:

Yup, same for me. I downloaded it thinking I would have to find a way to launch it, but nope. It actually gave me a .dmg/.app

Hi, sorry for the delayed answer. Well, this is good, however, it doesn't really help me. I downloaded the full client, and it contained a WoW.app just as you said it would, it wasn't there the last time.
First I tried to open that app normally, and nothing happened, it just bounced in the dock for a long time and nothing more.
Then I tried to open it through Terminal and I could enter the game, even though it doesn't remember my settings when I log in. The loading screen problem is still there however, it freezes in the beginning. Then I tried with the launcher, I clicked the "already installed?" button, and let it do its thing. It's the same behaviour here, I can't get past the loading screen. Does it work for you with that client?

Edit: One more question, with the new version of the launcher we don't need a mac client, am I right? Because that's what I thought was missing, but it's in the files already. If that's the case, what else is causing the problems?

Concerning the settings not being saved, it's because of the way the folder is built. 
You normally have 2 files called Firestorm.wtf. One at [WoW Folder \ Firestorm.wtf], the other at [WoW Folder \ WTF \ Firestorm.wtf]. The problem is, when you apply settings and you leave the game, the settings are saved correctly in [WoW Folder \ WTF \ Firestorm.wtf], but when you log in, the game reads the [WoW Folder \ Firestorm.wtf] file. To definitely save your settings, just apply them in game, close the game, and copy-paste your [WoW Folder \ WTF \ Firestorm.wtf] content in [WoW Folder \ Firestorm.wtf] so both files get same content. By doing so, the game will still read [WoW Folder \ Firestorm.wtf] when you launch it, and your settings will be saved.

What loading screen are you talking about ? Can you show me ?

Yeah, I figured that out, but that doesn't work for the addon settings, which are a problem too (I'm playing on Wineskin at the moment). The login screen is the first one before entering the world, it just freezes there, everytime.

Sorry to disappoint you but I've never had the bug you're describing, and my addons are working well, soooo... 
Have you tried to run an "Analyze and repair" from the Launcher ? Or to completely reset your account folder ?

Yeah, i tried the analyze and repair, not sure if that helped. Though it actually works now! Yaay! The other thing I did was to move the contents of the Firestorm launcher out from its folder, directly into the applications folder, I'd guess that did the trick. However, the first loading screen into the game world takes a loooong time to load, i'll see what I can do about that. How do I reset the account folder, maybe that can help too?

The account folder thing is only for your addons and settings, but maybe everything will work correctly from now on ! 

Hey! Thanks for everything OP, it has been really helpful... I've one question, i downloaded the launcher and it gave me a DMG but then, after reading some of these posts, tried to download some of the full clients that appear below the launcher download in the main page, but it didnt work, so im downloading the game via launcher. There is other way that im somehow not seeing? Thanks !!

The full clients listed below the Launcher are torrent links. You must have a torrent client to use these link, such as Bittorrent or else. If not, links just won't work at all !

i have a bit of a problem i did analyse and repair but i still having the ¨You have been disconnected `You have been disconnected. (WOW51900328)' i played the game yesterday but now im having this problem...what should i do to fix this?

Relax, the server is just under maintenance this morning.

On 3/12/2017 at 1:52 AM, fer_herediac said:

Consulta, para ejecutar el juego siempre tengo que abrir el launcher desde el contenido del paquete? y mi otra duda es que ya una vez descargada la expansión de legión le pongo play, se minimiza pero nunca arranca el juego, que puedo hacer? gracias

y pudiste abrir el launcher siguiendo este tutoral?

Hi !!

Could anyone tell me which are the three files to include and replace in the windows version game folder?

The link provided in the first message is not working so i'm downloading the windows version and downloaded the WoW launcher through the Firestorm Launcher. But there are a lot of files in it. I know for sure that one is World Of Warcraft.app, but the others?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by angelozapp

i just have a simple question is anywhere in the forum a tutorial like this but for WoD ?? 

thank you so much btw very usefull tutorial 

alguien que me ayude tengo el firestorm en mi mac y cuando lo abro el mismo problema alguien me dice como si actualmente sabe?

Hi! I'm new.

I downloaded the launcher and the Legion expansion, but when i press play i can see just the icon on my tools bar and the app doesn't work, having to force exit. Anyone know how to fix this? It's a Macbook pro with High Sierra. Thanks!

On 14/7/2017 at 4:21 AM, Sordnay said:
  • Download the said Launcher on website. If the Launcher works normally from here, do not go to next step.
  • For some people, this will appear and stay indefinitely, Launcher will never open : mini_399554341703Capturedecran20170622a1 
    In this case :
    1. Right click on FirestormLauncher.app
    2. Click "Show Package Content"
    3. Go to Contents > MacOS > FirestormLauncher. This file is a Unix executable, just open it, and it will open the Launcher without problem using Terminal. This is normal, do not close Terminal. When you close the Launcher, you can then close Terminal. For information, you can put the Terminal path directly in your dock, it will open Terminal and Launcher as usual.

On 05/01/2018 at 3:51 PM, mefiax said:

i just have a simple question is anywhere in the forum a tutorial like this but for WoD ?? 

thank you so much btw very usefull tutorial 

So, how did you do ? ^^does this system works for WOD ?
Nevertheless, it works for Legion on a hackintosh, thumbs up bro !

Any solution if the mac client link is not valid anymore ?

Thank you

Hey guys I downloaded the full client, I used the launcher but it takes to the login and I out my information and it says unable to connect. I have tried everything and my info works because I tried it on a pc

1 person likes this