Sordnay

[MAC - Legion] How to

72 posts in this topic

Greetings people !

So as a Mac user I encountered many many problems while trying to install a working Legion client with a working Launcher, but I finally achieved it so I wanted to share my solution for my fellow mac users.

There are 2 ways to install Legion on a mac via Firestorm, both require a working Launcher.

How to install the Launcher [MAC]

1. Download the said Launcher on website. If the Launcher works normally from here, do not go to next step.
  2. For some people, this will appear and stay indefinitely, Launcher will never open : mini_399554341703Capturedecran20170622a1 
    In this case :
    1. Right click on FirestormLauncher.app
    2. Click "Show Package Content"
    3. Go to Contents > MacOS > FirestormLauncher. This file is a Unix executable, just open it, and it will open the Launcher without problem using Terminal. This is normal, do not close Terminal. When you close the Launcher, you can then close Terminal. For information, you can put the Terminal path directly in your dock, it will open Terminal and Launcher as usual.

From this point, you have a working Launcher. You can now install WoW Legion for Mac, and you have 2 ways to do so :

How to install WoW Legion [MAC - Launcher required for both solutions]

• Launcher download : just ask the Launcher to install the Legion game. You'll be able to play while the Launcher downloads the game, it will be long and painful until you have a complete game, but you just have to play. Problem is, you'll often encounter situations when you'll have to wait for the game to download specific zone / spells / textures / actions / ... before being able to do anything. Gotta be patient, but you don't have to worry about anything.
  • Torrent download : this is the tricky part but when done correctly everything work like a charm (I recommend this way)
    1. Download the Firestorm torrent from website (yes, it's for PC, but we don't care, and we won't use Wine or other fucking emulator)
    2. Download this Mac Client (English)
    3. When your downloads are done, open the Mac client folder you just downloaded. You'll find 3 files inside : just drag them in your Firestorm WoW Folder (the torrent). You're gonna be asked if you want to replace the already existing files in your torrent folder : simply accept it.
    4. Now if you try to launch the World of Warcraft.app, normally this will appear : mini_563669182666Capturedecran20170622a1
      This message basically says "the installed mac client is damaged and you should delete it". DO NOT DELETE THE CLIENT, just cancel the message.
    5. Open your Launcher (the way I described earlier), go to Legion, and click on "Already installed" just below the big Download button. Select your WoW Folder (the torrent folder with the mac client) : from this point, the Launcher will do his launching stuff and tada, Legion 7.1.5 opens and is 100% working.

As I said, I really recommend you to use the torrent download to install the game. Launcher download can be appealing, but is a pain in the ass to complete.

Always use your FirestormLauncher Terminal path to open the Launcher, and always open the game client from the Launcher. I know it's a weird solution, but well, it's a working one.

Enjoy !

15 people like this

OMG i think that works :D 

So much time and i think i solve the problem with this toturial. DUDE I LOVE YOU <3

2 people like this

Just tell me something, if i donwload from launcher did i need patch the game after download or that become with full game patched??

If you ask the Launcher to install a new game, it will install a complete 7.1.5 client, no need for patch or whatsoever. But as I said, it will take a huuuuuuge amount of time before you get the full game, since it can download only when you are playing, and you can't play correctly before core data is downloaded.

Same thing for PC torrent + mac client : no need for patch at the moment. 

Hey, I have a question. Where can I download the launcher? Because I can only download the torrent but I think that alone won´t work. Any link? Thanks.

1 person likes this

As I thought, the torrent alone (and the mac client you told us to download) didn´t worked. Please help.

The Launcher is available on the website main page > Join us.

Could you link it please?Because I really can not find it. Also I saw on another post that the launcher was not longer available, Is that correct?

For some reason the Launcher isn't available on the website, I sincerely don't know why.
I'll try to upload it here tomorrow, I'll keep you in touch.

Can someone please post the Mac Launcher? It makes it impossible to play the game without it unfortunately!

UP

Please, can anyone share Mac Launcher?

Yo, OP here

I tried to remake a folder with the original Launcher folder content for mac (since mine has all my installed stuff in there). Tell me if my tutorial works with this !

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pw17ho

I did all of what the tutorial said but I can't locate the "already downloaded" button? How and where do I find it?

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 3.28.08 PM.png

the mac client (english) is not a working link pls update it

1 person likes this

Hello,

I've downloaded the torrent as you've instructed. I've put my Launcher in the torrent folder as instructed and I ran the game through terminal. Every load up it says gathering information and doesn't proceed from that point on. Sometimes it downloads the game again and I wait patient till it finishes cause I'm unable to execute the download and uninstall the game so I can start up WoW through the 'Already Installed' option since I've already downloaded the 40.5gb file. Help would be appreciated.

omg i love you!! thank you, i was looking for a solution to this problem from a long time... thank you so much, now i can finally play!

Hi there,
Thank you for the guide, it's really helpful! However, i've run into some problems. First off, the launcher works, it opens like normal.
On to the downloading of the game. The link given above to the Mac Client doesn't work. It would be nice to set up a new one maybe! My guess is that my problems may be solved with this client.
This leaves me with the only choice, to let the launcher install the game. Here, the real problems begin. It installed the game, took its time indeed, but anyway.
When I open it, it doesnt behave like it should – I can log in, create a character, but the loading screen into the world takes like ages, and sometimes (quite often actually, maybe at random) it freezes.
I've gotten into the world a couple of times and just tried to log back out again and exit the game. When exiting from the login-page, it freezes once again (every time actually).
Also, inside the game there is indeed a lot of loading to do I guess, it's really prone to lagging and long loading times. I tried to open the Keybindings-window for instance, which should just pop up, there the game got stuck too.
Any advice, what can I do? Is this all about the game trying to load stuff, or have I done something wrong?

Hi everyone, OP here

I didn't have much time to help you for the last few months, sorry for that.

I'm currently trying to find solutions for all of you with the new launcher Firestorm put online, I'll keep you in touch as soon as I can. 

1 person likes this

Well, good news everyone : surprisingly enough, the "Full client" download from the website actually automatically downloads a Mac version when used on a Mac, so... 
Firestorm staff should indicate it somewhere, but well, at least there's no more problem to play on mac. Just download their Full client and boom.