Sordnay

[MAC - Legion] How to

72 posts in this topic

Hey, I have exactly the same problem. Login window opens but it says unable to connect. I tried both downloading the Full client from torrent and downloading the game with launcher and always the same problem.

1 person likes this

Hi, I also have the same problem when trying to connect with the full mac client. If anyone knows how to fix it, it would be appreciated.

1 person likes this

Hello, same problem.. Unable to connect. Please help

1 person likes this

I tried the suggestion from the 1st post and it didn't work for me, says unable to connect. 2 months ago I had no problems playing on my mac. Right now I am downloading the full client and I will try the suggestion again and see if works. I will try to use the repair and analyse function and will see if it works. I will keep you guys posted if anything changes. 

UPDATE: The way it worked for me is the following. 

I followed the steps in the beginning of the topic. I downloaded the launcher from the Website -> Installed it. Then I opened it as it was suggested "Show content package -> Launcher Terminal". I let the game download a few hundred MB of essential content so that I can start it. Then I had the message "Unable to connect" 
Then I fixed it by using this suggestion in another topic 

just change

SET portal "EU" 

by

SET portal "legion.logon.firestorm-servers.com"

in /WTF/FS735.wtf 

And this is how I play wow on MacBook Pro. 

1 person likes this

Hi ... i feel verry lost.. i did all the step in diffeent tutorial found on this forum bit stil cant run the game... So here is le last try i did :

-donwnload the client and open it by showing content/and using the terminal to launch the launcher. 

- then i try 2 option : first i dowload few Mb so that the game could be able to launch and then after few Mb when i press play i have error with CAS something but however i cant open the game. Then i tryed to downlaod the full game in torrent and located the directory of the folder but i still have the same problem...

I didn't find any link to download the mac client and repalce the 3 files ... 

Please help tell me just how to be able to play legion 7.3.5 on mac (very recent iMac)

Someone knows this kind of problem ?

It appears after i have downloaded first files, press PLAY it ask me the language and after few seconds of freeeze appears this screenshot

Schermata 2018-08-31 alle 22.14.58.png

Edited by apokalypto

So quick question....I found this site by googling "Mac wow private server" and was glad you guys have Mac stuff on here.  Lots of other private servers want you to get a PC.  I haven't played since Wrath of Lich King came out...if I install Legion, would all the quests be there for all the other add-ons?  Or do I have to play Wrath of Lich King, then Cataclysm, Mist Of Pandaria, Warlords of Darenor....as so on?  

On 31/8/2018 at 9:11 PM, apokalypto said:

It appears after i have downloaded first files, press PLAY it ask me the language and after few seconds of freeeze appears this screenshot

Same situation here.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:11 PM, apokalypto said:

On 9/6/2018 at 5:42 AM, apu314 said:

Same situation here.

Had also the same problem and saw on forums cas system errors (windows users) but still , fixing it like windows works for us too.

So if you have downloaded the game like it says in the previous posts and getting this CAS system error:

Download these files.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/456860411682095124/457547475969114132/config.rar
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/376808947992100867/463974179642015744/FS735.wtf

•Extract the config.rar to data folder (you will need  The Unarchiver app or something similar to do so)

•copy FS735.wtf to WTF folder

With this done you should be able to open the game through launcher or the Firestorm_mac file.

IF you get also the unable to connect error after trying to get in with your account do as Nenchew says:

In WTF/FS735.wtf change (with TextEdit)

SET portal "EU" 

by

SET portal "legion.logon.firestorm-servers.com"

I've downloaded the the torrent, unziped it and it gave me a Firestorm launcher for mac, started it and I can't log in for some reason, it's not taking my account information. What to do with it?

17 hours ago, Neolix said:

I've downloaded the the torrent, unziped it and it gave me a Firestorm launcher for mac, started it and I can't log in for some reason, it's not taking my account information. What to do with it?

mm this post was for some time ago... try to open game through the firestorm launcher. Maybe you haven't linked it?

you are Jesus man thank you xD

How do you play BFA on Firestorm? I've downloaded the launcher and its not an option on there when I've downloaded the Firestorm BFA from the download page

Fixed! I can get into the log in screen, only issue is I can't log in with my account details?

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 6.45.49 pm.png

aaaand I fixed it nvm :)

On 04/07/2019 at 10:41 AM, kamibae said:

Fixed! I can get into the log in screen, only issue is I can't log in with my account details?

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 6.45.49 pm.png

How did you get the right launcher? I need the v3.0 launcher and I only got the v2.0 launcher so I can't see the icon for the BFA Beta.

I download whole 51gb cliente and launcher, then i unzip and put in same folder everything, when i open launcher it opens the folder that theyre in and starts redownloading the whole data again, when it finishes 200mb it says play, when i click play nothing happens in the launcher, if i click firestorm_mac it opens a message to play and then nothing happens for hours, im about to download the client from another private server since this 5 hours after the whole download is just so fucking anoyiing for Mac users, if anyone has screenshots on what to do it will be great, thanks again and I appreciate any feedback before giving up on this.