DrSandwich

[Declined] Character Market Item Level Price Scaling [Shop]

5 posts in this topic

Title: Character Market Item Level Price Scaling

Type: Shop

Description: 

Hey.

I've used Character Market quite a few times before. I sold 3 characters there for a minimum price of 500 FP.

After the shop changes i noticed that now the MINIMUM price scales along with your item level. It's really dumb. Why?

First of all - the prices of an average 848 are too high. 880 FP minimum isn't the price lots of people are willing to pay thus less people buy characters - both Firestorm and us - Players that use Character Market are affected by that negatively.

Second of all - taking an item off the character and putting it in backpack lowers the ilvl significantly - and thus price is lowered aswell. All you need to do is advertise on world chat. Person, that buys your character pays less, you sell your character quicker and all the buyer has to do afterwards is put the item back on.

Third of all - a guy that has 3 ilvls lower than me can sell his character for 60 FP less. 3 ilvls isn't much, but 60 FP is something you'd want to save.

Basically - this system is bullshit and it has more negative effects rather than the positive ones.

1 person likes this

I agree with you , And the system can be bypassed by Putting items in bag , so its useless 

1 person likes this

Yup good idea i agree.

I forgot to mention my actual Suggestion which is removing the price scaling and leaving it at 500 FP for 110 lvl character (just like before).

Another replacement I can recommend is the following:

Right now the minimum price is increased by 20 for each 1 ilvl. So 3 ilvls = 60 FP more of minimum price and so on. Changing this to maybe 4 or 5 FP per ilvl would be a wiser choice. I'd still prefer to remove this thing entirely, but this would be better than nothing. And also a negative side effect of this replacement is that it'd still be bypassable by players.

Edited by DrSandwich
1 person likes this

I think they just need to remove minimums altogether and let players price their chars at their choosing, rather than it being arbitrarily chosen for them, just as it was suggested by many when the shop first launched. If they want to sell an i900 char for 1, 700 or even 2,000 FP, why not? It is their char after all. Back then many believed(me included), after seeing the responses from the admins to this suggestion, that Firestorm wouldn't do that simply because of the fat cut they receive in commission after every sale. There is no reason NOT to to after all, It would just be a characters auction house and all items would be valued at what the majority agree is the deserving price for it.

If that' doesn't happen, I also believe that 500 FP minimum is simply too much for 99% of the people who play this game and in private servers in general. At the current's shop price that's worth $40 of real-life currency, and I would reckon that most people who are able to pay that kind of money for a single character would rather go and play retail instead... and I wouldn't blame them; less bugs, more content and you're free of mind from potentially being closed at Blizzard's discretion, therefore losing everything. The value of FP has just been placed more high than it should be for a private server, restricting anyone but people who are from wealthy nations like the U.S from being able to buy from the shop, and those anyones make the majority here.

TLDR; Shop and FP pricing needs some long-awaited adjustments that are unlikely to happen.

Whenever shop prices are discussed people instantly go towards this justification: "Firestorm needs to supports its staff and servers, don't like it? Go to another servers GG(I want to hit your face if you type like this)".

They can still support its stafff and servers with lowered FP or shop prices. I would bet that it would even increase their revenue because of the aforementioned reasons.

1 person likes this