• Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vermician

Almost Unplayable

4 posts in this topic

This has become so frustrating that it's almost unplayable.  I'm kind of new to the whole private server thing, and I finally get everything up and working... until I try to play almost any character.  Every character I have tried to roll so far has run into a brick wall when it comes to quest progression.  I tried to play a goblin, couldn't progress because the car wouldn't pick people up as it was supposed to (when I try to honk at the friends, it says invalid target).  I tried to roll a panda monk, and when I get to the quest where the master wants you to cross the bridge and defeat the guy (right after stealing the flame and burning the scroll, near the beginning), I beat the guy, but it doesn't conclude the quest and he comes out of stun and keeps fighting me.  I tried to roll a DK, and when I get to the quest where you are supposed to disguise yourself as the scarlet courier, the disguise doesn't work and all the scarlets still attack me.  I started thinking maybe it was related to the special classes / races, so I rolled a gnome hunter, but as soon as I complete "to the surface" at the beginning, there are no other quests to be taken (and yes I tried to talk to quest givers even if they didn't have a marker).  I even tried to go to other quest areas on this gnome, and nothing.  When I tried to go to far, I died and though I died in Dun Morough, I'm teleported to the graveyard in Westfall.  I honestly don't know how there are any level 110s on the server if you literally can't progress a character normally.  So what gives?  Is this a work in progress that is going to be fixed at some point?

2 people like this

You need to learn how to think outside of the box. xD Private servers are different, and all of those quests you mentioned, I have finished. Just not in the normal way as the quest was intended to be done.

welcome to private server.......

what ever race you decide to play, after creating it always go to the human/orc starting zones they are the most scripted and u will see more people doing these zones