• Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madragnar

Server split

18 posts in this topic

Plain and simple: we need a server split.

1st - current server can't handle the amount of players connected.

2nd - the majority of english and spanish speakers can't get along, or raid together or bg, so separating into Eng and Spa server would improve everyone's game.

With such move, I believe Firestorm would make all players happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, madragnar said:

Plain and simple: we need a server split.

1st - current server can't handle the amount of players connected.

2nd - the majority of english and spanish speakers can't get along, or raid together or bg, so separating into Eng and Spa server would improve everyone's game.

With such move, I believe Firestorm would make all players happy.

And how much would it cost to run two more realms? Or would it be for free? Do they have enough GMs to support two more relams?

Best regards
Neosilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, madragnar said:

Plain and simple: we need a server split.

1st - current server can't handle the amount of players connected.

2nd - the majority of english and spanish speakers can't get along, or raid together or bg, so separating into Eng and Spa server would improve everyone's game.

With such move, I believe Firestorm would make all players happy.

Fantastic idea, except there's one problem. Back on mop there used to be a spanish and english realm, nothing was stopping the spanish from flooding the english realm.

Also why would they switch realms in the first place?

Edited by Sacredheals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

current server is only going above player cap cuz of Boris. people will stop playing soon and everything will go back to norma...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to Split servers , Population is what making Sylvanas good and the best legion realm , they can make sylvanas population cap 10k , well sylvanas will Rarely hit 10k , i see a server with 15k population cap , so 10k for sylvanas will be good without spliting realms

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2ice0 said:

And how much would it cost to run two more realms? Or would it be for free? Do they have enough GMs to support two more relams?

They have servers for all expansions. Servers that never cap 1k players. They just created a new one for Vanilla. I don't think it's that hard for them. And 'enough' GMs? Really? Never saw such 'enough' here or any other private server.

8 hours ago, Sacredheals said:

Fantastic idea, except there's one problem. Back on mop there used to be a spanish and english realm, nothing was stopping the spanish from flooding the english realm.

Also why would they switch realms in the first place?

Yes, you can't control who's gonna play, but lots of players would choose to play along the ones they could speak to. And to fuel the server transfer, they could offer a few FPs maybe or a gift like a mount, you know, those things that make some players almost kill themselves to get.

2 hours ago, Agronnak said:

current server is only going above player cap cuz of Boris. people will stop playing soon and everything will go back to norma...

Not true. I've been playing in Sylvanas since the start. Lag was always present in crowded areas.

2 hours ago, souna1000 said:

No need to Split servers , Population is what making Sylvanas good and the best legion realm , they can make sylvanas population cap 10k , well sylvanas will Rarely hit 10k , i see a server with 15k population cap , so 10k for sylvanas will be good without spliting realms

Read above. And what's the point of a massive server pop if half of them can't even speak to you? You enter a BG, it's a pain. You go Raid, awful. I rather play with 3k people that can really play together instead of 10k that can't communicate with themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madragnar your Arguments sounds good and valuable. Let's see how a mod or a member of the Serveradmin-Group will replie to them.



Best regards
Neosilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should shut down cata and vanilla realms and spend the money saved on better legion realm. 6000 players on legion and 150 on wotlk but u still work on the wotlk server??

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should really shut down Blackrock , Icecrown and Deathwing realm... there are way better options out there and staff from those realm could focus on Legion and WoD realms.

As for the whole Spanish - English realm , they had that on Pandashan/Ashran and it didnt make a huge differance , still there were spanish people on that "English" realm , expecting everyone to know spanish and to reply to them :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, i dont understand, if Legion have more player than server can handle, why i waiting for dungeon one hour, and in few seconds 2 from 5 leave and waiting another hour? Where is this players? :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tish try to use your brain for once. It's because there are WAAAAAAAAAAAY more DPSers than Healer or Tanks. And let me guess... you're a DPS?! *MINDBLOWN*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im Tank man :-) i think here isnt too much healers maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why don't u just create your own group then? it's way faster and u get to pick if you want to play with retards or not. you can't do that by queueing through rdf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last RDF raid, I got kicked just for speaking English, since there were more Spaniards who could vote to kick me. This made me want to purge people speaking Spanish with fire. Luckily, I soon remembered some decent guys who could speak both Spanish and English and were not some raging national-nazi scum.

Hence, I think the higher population advantage and the portion of decent people who are present do not warrant a server split.
When people are not obsessed with some people speaking other language than they are, they do not notice any disturbance.
Many people jump on the "Muh hate spanish piplz dey stupid REEEEEEE" train. Which is ridiculous.
But hey, most people who play WoW act ridiculous by definition. Have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please stop hating on people based on their race. I have to agree with the OP on a different basis, though. I believe there should be two Legion servers. It has been two days and the queue times are horrible. I am currently on the queue and I am stuck at position 23. I have been sitting on the queue for one hour. Also, if you check the website at this time, there are 800+ players queued. I blame this on Boris. I believe many of those connected "players" are bots. I thought Boris was a good thing, turns out it is very bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sam said:

Please stop hating on people based on their race. I have to agree with the OP on a different basis, though. I believe there should be two Legion servers. It has been two days and the queue times are horrible. I am currently on the queue and I am stuck at position 23. I have been sitting on the queue for one hour. Also, if you check the website at this time, there are 800+ players queued. I blame this on Boris. I believe many of those connected "players" are bots. I thought Boris was a good thing, turns out it is very bad.

since when spanish is a race ?

 

About problem better to optimize core, move to better machine than make a 2nd realm, or just wait till it drop with fixing lag issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are english guilds u can use to find groups so u can dodge uneducated jajas.

 

What Ive also noticed is that when u log on one acc it kind of reserves a spot for u on case of dc. Thats why the queues have been so ridicilous. The reserved time for players to come back seems to have been too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0