Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AllexThianhlun

Are Admins oversensitive?

7 posts in this topic

Just wants to express my feeling towards the admin among the community.
WE love what the staffs are working with but it's seems that the staffs, not all of them, are sometimes abusing their powers over silly matter. for example,Global chatters banned for the normal chat spam jokes like thunderfury blessed blade of the windseeker..... and our guild leader was banned for saying "Hail Hitler" in the chat, he's a kind a person that Hitler will put in the gas chamber right after the Jews. Reasons for bans are sometimes so absurd 

Welcome to the Social Justice Warriors era.

Racism and Discrimination: Any kind of remark deemed as racist or discriminatory towards a race, skin color, culture, country, or sexual orientation is not tolerated, avoid it at all costs, whether you're joking or not.

• Punishment: Mute to 15 days account suspension.

Spamming/flooding: Spamming or Flooding channels may be deemed as annoyance, so refrain to do so.

• Punishment: A channel kick to a 60 minute mute.

^- So much for your "unnecessary" measures being taken.

Oh, btw:

Disrespecting a staff member.

Punishment: Mute (maximum of 3 hours) to permanent account suspension.

Publicly discussing or criticizing a decision implemented by a staff member.

Punishment: Mute to 10 days account suspension.

You can and should in my opinion face a punishment as well, since you clearly didn't even bother to read the rules before criticizing gms here, which clearly is a VIOLATION of those.

-> I WISH Admins would push GMs to sanction faster, harder and way more.

Recently I started playing on a "different MMO" private server (no advertisement, not naming the project, just mentioning this for comparative reasons) and the staff there is WAY harsher, faster and more direct with punishments. You behave like a child making "silly stupid jokes" = ONE verbal warning, often not even with GM tag enabled. Repeated offense: Mute/timeout. Questioning GM publicly in chat OR on their OR OTHER forums: permanent ban.

NOW you would argue that the playerbase is feardriven under that "dictatorship" in your opinion, I guess? WRONG: Everybody is NICE, BEHAVES and there is NO DRAMA at all.

3 people like this

For Sylvanas , For The Forsaken , For Glory

I'll admit that they tend to be oversensitive when it comes to criticism about the server/shop/development, but in this case they were not. Those bans were well deserved, and anyone with a brain could see why spam and Nazism doesn't get allowed in any game, even as a joke. Just follow the rules, how hard is that? Tell me a game where you're allowed to spam the same crap(Thunderfury crap--hope that meme dies. gj admins for preventing it) and say "Hail Hitler"...I'll tell you; there isn't any. 

P.S it also has nothing to do with sensitivity and all to do with being a socially-inept, edgy wannabe, straight-A dumbass.

you spammed shit about nazis and expect not to get a mute. Tell you what, why dont you go say that in your street and see how other ppl react.

1 person likes this

We're not over sensitive, it's called consequences for your actions. Most people take their punishments as a slap on the wrist, this isn't the case. If this server had no rules, everyone would be disrespectful, rude, and toxic to each other. Just because you think their joke is funny, doesn't mean the other people in world chat do. Put yourself in their shoes, what if they lost someone because of a tragedy like that? I guarantee you wouldn't like it either. There is a system in place to prevent this, I'm guessing your friend decided it was smart to bypass it and make jokes like that.

About the Thunderfury Spam it's mostly a kick from the world chat and not a ban. Thunderfury spam ruins players chat experience in world when talking with other places. If you think our ban reasons are absurd.. then I suggest you read over the rules, so issues like these don't happen.

4 people like this