Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moley3001

legendary Am I bugged?

13 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

So I think I could be bugged..... Whats your opinion..

I'm 871, I have 33 traits in two weapons.... and 27 in the other

I always do my emissary's and I have level 33 in pvp.

I've done EN 4 times ish and EN HC once, and many MM5+ (approx 35+)

I have 12 days and 16 hours played and I still haven't had a legendary drop... 

Is it possible I'm bugged and I got skipped over for legendaries?

I sent a ticket asking if a GM could invesigate and got .. ''Greetings, legendaries are random drop. Have a great day!", which was about as helpful as a chocolate radiator.

Thanks

1 person likes this

What part of the the GM's reply did you not understand? You're not bugged, nor were you 'skipped over'. As he correctly told you, legendaries are random drops, playtime and ilvl have nothing to do with it. 

It's RNG-based which means It's possible for you not to get a legendary for months or year if it feels like it, or you can get it within your first minute of reaching 110 simply because of bad or good luck. Btw, the mythic+ key level doesn't do anything to increase your chances so you can literally just farm the lower keys and you will get one eventually...when it will be is all up to luck though.

7 hours ago, MadBlizz said:

What part of the the GM's reply did you not understand? You're not bugged, nor were you 'skipped over'. As he correctly told you, legendaries are random drops, playtime and ilvl have nothing to do with it. 

It's RNG-based which means It's possible for you not to get a legendary for months or year if it feels like it, or you can get it within your first minute of reaching 110 simply because of bad or good luck. Btw, the mythic+ key level doesn't do anything to increase your chances so you can literally just farm the lower keys and you will get one eventually...when it will be is all up to luck though.

not really true...

Well mate u are not bugged, but 35 mythic+ runs and a few raids, is not ALOT of content, unless super lucky, u will need to accumilate for points than that.
And Madblizz, u are wrong, harder the content the more points. saying a normal mythic gives the same as a +10 is not true, the disparety on the otherhand, might not be great, but there is some.
but Moley3001, just keep farming content, and u will get a legendary.

I had a friend who got a legendary (this is in retail) after a few hours of playing last night, ive known mythic raiders who grinded heroic dungeons, mythic dungeons, mythic+, LFR, normal, heroic, mythic raids, every act possible that can give a legendary for at least 10 hours a day without seeing a single one for 2 months. I know the chance for legendary has drastically increased in 7.3 compared to 7.1 and etc but.. it really is stupid luck, and the bad luck protection system is helping to combat that slightly but it never guarantees a drop. The amount of content you have done is a drop in the ocean compared to what my guildmate did on retail,  so you really just have to keep farming :P

PS: I also understand that retail drop chance and ours are different, we dont have access to blizzards algorithms (obviously) so we have to attempt to emulate it, but the point is still the same.. Its mostly about luck.

2 days ago my friend got a legendary from lost bg so you are just unlucky. Just do your things and maybe will drop you.

This is just pure coincidence to me and for my old guildmate, but when my old guildie switched to horde. His first weekly chest as a Hordie contained his first legendary. For me, i got my second legendary in a emissary cache in less than 24 hours after switching to horde. I just find it weird that i got it with around 4 hours gametime as horde than when i was alliance with a /played of 28 days till i got my first legendary. Seems like the drop system is favoring The horde to me( this also seemed liked the case when legendaries were first introduced and were announced in the world chat when someone gets one. 4/5 announcements were horde drops)

btw, it was about a week and a half time to 2 weeks time difference for my first and second legendary if youre wondering. So its not that much of "badluck protection farming" compared to my first ever drop :) 

I got both of my legendaries from emissary chests. :D

It is completely random mate, keep doing stuff and you will get. For example, i didn't have one on my main that i spend most time on it, nor my alt, but get one on my second alt from the first rdf hc at 816 ilvl, then i got 8 legendaries on my main, still do not have on my alt. My third alt got legendary 3 hours after i reached 110 from world boss. So good luck an do not give up farming. :)

P.S. I got second legendary on my third alt today after almost 200 rated arenas.

2 hours ago, Hearts said:

I had a friend who got a legendary (this is in retail) after a few hours of playing last night, ive known mythic raiders who grinded heroic dungeons, mythic dungeons, mythic+, LFR, normal, heroic, mythic raids, every act possible that can give a legendary for at least 10 hours a day without seeing a single one for 2 months. I know the chance for legendary has drastically increased in 7.3 compared to 7.1 and etc but.. it really is stupid luck, and the bad luck protection system is helping to combat that slightly but it never guarantees a drop. The amount of content you have done is a drop in the ocean compared to what my guildmate did on retail,  so you really just have to keep farming :P

PS: I also understand that retail drop chance and ours are different, we dont have access to blizzards algorithms (obviously) so we have to attempt to emulate it, but the point is still the same.. Its mostly about luck.

I just wanna ask if gms are gonna change tweak it till it reaches a satisfactory level. for example will it change when server upgrades to patch 7.2 or 7.3 or even now.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753149009 see as you can see Right now, in Patch 7.1.5, your first Legendary has the highest drop chance, the second still has a significant bonus, and then you’ll have the same chances to earn your third Legendary as you will your fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on <--- that part clearly doesn't work here the biggest flaw i think its pure luck here which is well meh.

2 hours ago, skizzez said:

I just wanna ask if gms are gonna change tweak it till it reaches a satisfactory level. for example will it change when server upgrades to patch 7.2 or 7.3 or even now.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753149009 see as you can see Right now, in Patch 7.1.5, your first Legendary has the highest drop chance, the second still has a significant bonus, and then you’ll have the same chances to earn your third Legendary as you will your fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on <--- that part clearly doesn't work here the biggest flaw i think its pure luck here which is well meh.

You misunderstand, we didnt put a 0.1% drop chance or anything, its not a pure luck system, we do have our own algorithm where we try to mirror the same statistical outcome from retail in 7.1/7.1.5..
But its still a chance based system, there is a theoretical possibility for someone to go a year without a legendary and there is a theoretical possibility for someone to get it in the first rare mob they kill.. Both are highly unlikely but possible.

But we will probably do the same thing blizzard does and increase the chance as time goes on so that new players can catch up. Similar to how we did with Artifact Knowledge.

1 person likes this

Whee, thanks so much for the comments guys, appreciate it, at least now I don't feel like I'm doing something wrong or missed something...

Thanks! <3

5 hours ago, Hearts said:

You misunderstand, we didnt put a 0.1% drop chance or anything, its not a pure luck system, we do have our own algorithm where we try to mirror the same statistical outcome from retail in 7.1/7.1.5..
But its still a chance based system, there is a theoretical possibility for someone to go a year without a legendary and there is a theoretical possibility for someone to get it in the first rare mob they kill.. Both are highly unlikely but possible.

But we will probably do the same thing blizzard does and increase the chance as time goes on so that new players can catch up. Similar to how we did with Artifact Knowledge.

Well thats real nice to hear hope gms keep tweaking it to blizzlike levels 7.2 leggos were raining from sky in my opinion. Also there is a macro to see how much bonus you on or is that for gms only :P

legendaries are raining from the sky atm. i'm getting atleast 1 legendary per 10 days. the last 2 months i've gotten 6 legendaries. I play a lot btw.

here are some numbers, for what i do on a week. Last week, i did 400 skirmishes, 150 ranked arena's, EN HC, EN Normal, High Mythic+ (12-15) around 50 RBG's, All avaible emissary's so prox 7-9.