25 posts in this topic

Hi Firestorm!

Its been a long time. I came back here to the forums just to say hi.

A lot of you probably don't know who I am but I used to be Executive GM here and I was a GM for about 2 years.

So I'll put a few questons and a few answers here.

"Why are you here Icemetal?"

Well to be honest, I never said goodbye when I resigned about 1 year and a half ago. It wasn't an easy decision for me because Firestorm used to be a place where I can help out and I had lots of fun here, both as a player and a GM. So I decided to come to the forums today and put a post here to greet everyone.

"Are you coming back?"

No... more like, not any time soon. Trust me, I have been asked to come back like a million times by Inveric but sometimes you realize you have other important things to attend to and I can't give time to Firestorm because of it. I do miss some things and people here.

"What happend? Why did you resign exactly?"

Well guys... being a GM for 2 years straight was very tiring. There were times where all I had was problems and never any good news. I really tried to take breaks and try to get back at it but it got to be too much. Apart from that, I also started looking for what I wanted to do for my future. I moved to the US to only find out my future as a musician (singer) was very expensive and I couldn't afford it amd it was a very dissapointing situation for me. I moved back to my country (Dominican Republic) and went back to study in my old university where I first started years ago with dreams of becoming a Doctor. However, I did not go back to studying Medicine and instead opted for a new recently added degree of Biotechnology. I have been studying Biotechnology for a year and a half now and I completely love it!

"Who do you miss from Firestorm?"

Oh man, lots of people (Even if some I still speak with). To mention a few (I won't mention everyone, so don't be pissed):

From GM side: Inveric, Legnax, Ooutah, Bax, Velanor, Kothego, Calamitatum, Latra, Ritsuka and a lot more.

From Player side: Noballs, Miochan, Moogle, Sindorai, Clapton, Imbavirus, Cogburn and a lot more.

Anyways, I really enjoy seeing that apperantly the server is still moving forward and that it's still as lively as ever.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I wish you all an amazing day.

-Icemetal

Edited by Icemetal
3 people like this

Wow you're not gonna believe it, but I was literally just thinking about those times when you were still here too yday.. xD:(

I was even checking some old stuff too :P

kEBGti5.png

Well I don't really know what to say, I'm glad that you're enjoying what you're studying :> Damn, I really miss those times and people despite the cringe and stuff we went through sometimes xD ahahaha

Be back on MoP someday! I'm here 'till the server's up anyways :)

2 people like this

Jesus me and some old angry inc guys were talking about you yesterday haha

How you been man?

-Blatancy/Tinystaff

2 people like this

Hey, glad to see you here!
Here's an important update for you:

The "Retired Staff" icon in teamspeak is no longer a banana. :))))

-- Misahky

The guy who is always laughing like an idiot when you're on teamspeak

2 people like this

No front, but why do you need to make an announcment if you dont have any important role for us?

@Imi. Hahaha, good to see you! Good old times. You're never gonna leave this place huh? xD

@Blatancy Hahahahaha awesome, its good to see you as well man, hope you're doing well. I've been doing great, enjoying my life at the moment.

1 person likes this

@Misahky xDDDDD indeed! I saw that when I logged on the other day to talk a bit.

@teke1338 Ummm... this is in Off Topic, its not an announcement, just saying hi man. Sorry if it bothers you, wasn't my intention! ^_^

Hi Icemetal, I remember you. Back from the old pandashan days. I hope you are doing fine. I do not know if you remember me, but I have seen you several times on the Dev PTR back when I was a developer. My dev name was also Sam. If I remember right you were testing the legendary cloak questline. Ain't that right?

1 person likes this

@Sam Hey man! Yeah! I remember you! And yes I was testing it back then hahaha nice to see you and that you remembered me as well!

1 person likes this

Hi old friend ;)

1 person likes this

Hiya sir how you doing, We don't know each other personally since I used to be from the frenchy realm, but I was playing on the english server a lot since I was born in england so yeah it doesn't matter when I was playing on the english realm I saw you many times and your name tell me things, so yeah I just want to say Hello, hopefully you are doing fine, and I wish that you'll have a great day.  Cheers.

1 person likes this

You're safe and sound!
I was bit worried after I heard about those scary winds in Dominican Republic.

Good to know you're doing well!
Take care, cheers.

1 person likes this

@RedzRull Thank you for your kind words! Hoped we would've met back then but its really nice of you that you took your time to say hi. Cheers!

@Edgie Wow! you're still playing?

Thank you for worrying but everything was fine where I live, it hit more towards the north part of the island.

Im glad you're doing fine as well, cheers!

3 hours ago, Icemetal said:

Thank you for worrying but everything was fine where I live, it hit more towards the north part of the island.

I do not know you personally either Icemetal, but based on what everybody has said about you, you're definitely still missed. I sincerely hope you continue you journey in your studies and become successful in life, and I'm disappointed to see the United States didn't offer you the career you wanted to pursue. 

Regards,

Cigatronix

1 person likes this

On 29.12.2017. at 5:22 AM, Icemetal said:

Thank you for your kind words. :)
I started a month ago on legion. Life was urban and stressful since, so I've decided to play and stay home for awhile, so I looked for the old gang. :D

I hope it will not happen again to your country.
I'm glad you are happy and doing what you love.
Are you thinking of coming back for small talks in game?

Stay safe! :) 

Edited by Edgie

On 12/29/2017 at 4:04 AM, Cigatronix said:

I do not know you personally either Icemetal, but based on what everybody has said about you, you're definitely still missed. I sincerely hope you continue you journey in your studies and become successful in life, and I'm disappointed to see the United States didn't offer you the career you wanted to pursue. 

Regards,

Cigatronix

You don't know how much these messages put a smile on my face. Thank you for your kind words :)

Many good wishes on your goals as well!

On 1/1/2018 at 11:57 AM, Edgie said:

Thank you for your kind words. :)
I started a month ago on legion. Life was urban and stressful since, so I've decided to play and stay home for awhile, so I looked for the old gang. :D

I hope it will not happen again to your country.
I'm glad you are happy and doing what you love.
Are you thinking of coming back for small talks in game?

Stay safe! :) 

Ah I see! Thats cool. Lots of people from your group still playing?

Thank you!

I will think about going on one day. Ill be sure to send you a message if I do.

You too! :)

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Icemetal said:

You don't know how much these messages put a smile on my face. Thank you for your kind words :)

Many good wishes on your goals as well!

Thank you. :)

1 person likes this

miss u babe

please come back to firestorm MOP and save us from the useless staff we currently have

-Blatancy/TinyStaff

1 person likes this

yeah. Then I would come back definitely xD