• Announcements

Essence

Where are the GMs??

13 posts in this topic

Guys, do any of you ever saw a GM in Sylvanas?
I've submitted multiple tickets for different reasons and never got an answer. 
How can we get "instant" support in game? Sometimes it happens that I'm stuck with a quest that is bugged and I need a GM to complete it for me but they are never around. 
I understand that they are now looking for new GMs but are there some already? Or am I submitting tickets to none?

I'm playing legion in Sylvanas, but happy to switch to a better realm if necessary. 

Edited by Essence

You are a level 6 monk.....nobody cares about low level quests being bugged, you're just wasting the game masters' time. There are plenty of alternative quests for you to do to lvl up. 

Greetings @Essence,

Please do understand that the position of a Game Master is only voluntary and we do have other things in our lives such as work, school, family etc whatever it may be. Know that we aren't always going to be able to be there to assist you unfortunately as well please do understand that we are limited to GMs as not everyone is going to want to help and join us we are currently limited with 8 GMs on Legion and there are over 5,000 + players on the realm at almost all times! And we do get a large sum of tickets and we try to answer them in order from oldest to newest. As well, unfortunately, we do not auto-complete most quests there are only a select few that we do so, in this case, we would ask you to make a Bug Tracker ticket to get it fixed up for the future. On top of tickets we do have forum reports, ban appeals, monitoring world chat and in-game for abusers etc it's not as simple as one might think.

Regards,
Executive Game Master Latisimus
Firestorm International Staff Team

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Latisimus said:

Greetings @Essence,

Please do understand that the position of a Game Master is only voluntary and we do have other things in our lives such as work, school, family etc whatever it may be. Know that we aren't always going to be able to be there to assist you unfortunately as well please do understand that we are limited to GMs as not everyone is going to want to help and join us we are currently limited with 8 GMs on Legion and there are over 5,000 + players on the realm at almost all times! And we do get a large sum of tickets and we try to answer them in order from oldest to newest. As well, unfortunately, we do not auto-complete most quests there are only a select few that we do so, in this case, we would ask you to make a Bug Tracker ticket to get it fixed up for the future. On top of tickets we do have forum reports, ban appeals, monitoring world chat and in-game for abusers etc it's not as simple as one might think.

Regards,
Executive Game Master Latisimus
Firestorm International Staff Team

Hello @Latisimus, thanks for the reply. 
Let me start by saying that by no means I was intending to criticize the job that you and your colleagues are doing. 
I understand that the amount of bugs that this server has + the amount of player combined with the little number of GMs can make things trickier. 
Unfortunately there are some quests that we cannot simply skip, because part a quest chain (for example I am now in the westfall and I have to collect a secret journal, which is bugged and it will say "item is busy", not allowing me to pick it up, complete the quest and go on with the game), however my question was legitimate worry that there were not any GMs, as sometimes (such as in the example described above) waiting for a patch would mean waiting months while the assistance in that case is kinda immediate.

The number of players in Sylvanas is much higher than the other servers apparently so I am really asking if the situation is similar in other servers as well, that's all. 

3 hours ago, Appelpastei said:

You are a level 6 monk.....nobody cares about low level quests being bugged, you're just wasting the game masters' time. There are plenty of alternative quests for you to do to lvl up. 

I am now level 15, and the fact that nobody cares about low level players is rather inappropriate as all players should be equal. Especially new ones who venture in a game that is full of bugs and often give up in keeping playing. Personally I'm not playing to score a number but to enjoy the storyline and these bugs are ruining the experience for me. 

1 person likes this

Whats the name of the quest?

And there is a half truth going on here, while we do prioritize Legion content over old content, being able to leave the starting zone is still definitely a priority :P
The issue with Old content things is that each expansion, the structure of the game and how the game is coded changes quite a bit, things gets bugged, it could be anything from the style of the script or some game mechanic that was altered that the quest was depending on. The only way to find these bugged quests is to go through every quest in old content and locate them. The big issue is that old content = 10 years of WoW development, that is a ton of quests. 
So we are kind of focusing our efforts on Legion quests for the Legion realm which is kind of taking all of our time.
And yes, every server faces the same issue because almost every server uses the same scripts for old content stuff, and every server that upgrades to the same expansion with the same structural changes. And every minute spent on old content is a minute not spent on Legion content (which is kinda the content 99% of the players want)

4 minutes ago, Hearts said:

Whats the name of the quest?

And there is a half truth going on here, while we do prioritize Legion content over old content, being able to leave the starting zone is still definitely a priority :P

Human Monk can't pick up the 3rd mission. You can still go on but it sucks that you can't follow the story line. 

Anyway this particular quest is "propaganda" in the Westfall. 
Since you're here I'll also point out "Feeding the hungry and the hopeless", where you have to feed 40 homeless in the same zone, but just 1 accepts the food and it does it very randomly (thought it was "re-spawning" every 40 minutes but I was very wrong). 

15 hours ago, Essence said:

Human Monk can't pick up the 3rd mission. You can still go on but it sucks that you can't follow the story line. 

Anyway this particular quest is "propaganda" in the Westfall. 
Since you're here I'll also point out "Feeding the hungry and the hopeless", where you have to feed 40 homeless in the same zone, but just 1 accepts the food and it does it very randomly (thought it was "re-spawning" every 40 minutes but I was very wrong). 

I understand your point of view, the storylines may be more appealing to some players than engame content. However, I would also point out that most players may have already completed the storylines elsewhere, hence, the pool of players who would put emphasis on storylines over endgame content is small. If the quests are not necessary for you to progress in the game level-wise and skill-wise forward, they are just irrelevant.

Although I may understand your enjoyment from progress quests, at the same time, I do not think that your expectations are realistic. Personally, I would just never go to a private server expecting that low level quests will be working, or that somebody will help me to autocomplete quests in the long storylines.

It is just not realistic.

Edited by Savagery

11 minutes ago, Savagery said:

I understand your point of view, the storylines may be more appealing to some players than engame content. However, I would also point out that most players may have already completed the storylines elsewhere, hence, the pool of players who would put emphasis on storylines over endgame content is small. If the quests are not necessary for you to progress in the game level-wise and skill-wise forward, they are just irrelevant.

Although I may understand your enjoyment from progress quests, at the same time, I do not think that your expectations are realistic. Personally, I would just never go to a private server expecting that low level quests will be working, or that somebody will help me to autocomplete quests in the long storylines.

It is just not realistic.

As a result: the staff probably cares about low level players as much as about max level players, if their complaints are at the same branch of importance. If your complaints are numerous about something that is not really game-breaking, even as a max lvl player, you cannot expect much. The main problem is that most people do not have the capacity to distinguish what is important and what is not :)

"You’re better off not giving the small things more time than they deserve."
      - Marcus Aurelius

Yet, there were always problems with personal relativism in stoicism, huh?

49 minutes ago, Savagery said:

As a result: the staff probably cares about low level players as much as about max level players, if their complaints are at the same branch of importance. If your complaints are numerous about something that is not really game-breaking, even as a max lvl player, you cannot expect much. The main problem is that most people do not have the capacity to distinguish what is important and what is not :)

"You’re better off not giving the small things more time than they deserve."
      - Marcus Aurelius

Yet, there were always problems with personal relativism in stoicism, huh?

I am not the developer nor the owner of this private server neither I am the most competitive and experienced player out there, although some people would say that if you really are competitive you would join the official game rather than a private one, where your accomplishments would not be as renowned as if you were to play in the official game. But that's just me. 

I was just sharing my feelings on the game, as a new player I feel abandoned to myself trough numerous bugs. The low level areas see low level players going hopelessly around looking for a solution to the next bug, while complaining because they can't complete quests or weird things happens to them. 

Given that, if staff thinks it's useless to fix these things, or at least give some tools to the player to complete the quest, then I can't add much more to the story. 

There are lots of working quests through all the different zones. If you can't finish one zone, move to another. You can't expect old zones to be focused when there are yet so many things to be scripted for the current patch. If there was no way out, I agree they should prioritize it till you could move on. That is not the case.

Time is money and resources are very limited.

"This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one"

yes I realize i'm necroing here, but to kinda show a point.

the "feeding the hungry & the helpless" quest is still bugged.

I think the OP made a very valid point about fixing main quest lines in new player areas, i'm level 18 & have had to drop a number of quests.

It's valid, but you can still level up to 110. It has already been explained why they are focusing on Legion content, so what's the point on reviving this thread?

This thread has been closed.