Shelby

Question and Answers Session (Interview Style)

41 posts in this topic

It's been along time since we've done a Question and Answers for you guys. We've decided that we'll do a Questions and Answers, you will ask your questions on this thread and they'll be answered on Discord by the Firestorm Administrators and Developers. Now, you're probably asking what do I have to do to get my question answered and here is the three steps you got to do!

• Post on the thread your question. If your question is rude, disrespectful, toxic, trollish and violates our community rules/guidelines it won't be answered. Your question will be skipped, and you might receive a punishment on the forums.
  • If you haven't already, join our Discord Server (Invite).
  • Be online on the Discord at the date and time that's announced below.

There will be a channel that's locked for developers, administrators, and we'll provide the questions you asked and answer them all live there. (i.e; Inveric asked: When will I get my felbat?). The questions and answers will happen on December 18th, 2017 at 4:00pm (server time).

7 people like this

Hey. I was wondering what patch you going to make after 7.1.5? There is rumors that Firestorm will directly go to 7.3. However, I think 7.2.5 was 1 of the best patches, especially in the PvP aspect and it shouldn’t be skipped. I suggest to go to 7.2.5 first then later on jump to 7.3.

Kind Regards,

Cara

Edited by Cara
4 people like this

What's the reasoning behind the prioritization of content progression over class fixes? several classes has been broken for 6+ months, where there has been a clear increase in content.

6 people like this

when we will see changes about mythic + depleted keys system ? when we gonna see downgrade for depleted keys , exemple MOS 16 not in time after that we get a lvl 15 for a random dungeon ? thank you 

1 person likes this

That feature arrives with patch 7.2.5. Speaking of which, is there an eta release date of an updated patch after all the NH bosses gets released ?

what will the state of the future patch be? since it's basicly a remake of the exspansion, with many major changes, can we exspect the content to be playable, or will the server "reset" to it's previous state of newer patch, but older content?

I dont really see a point of updating to 7.2 since all the major updates and class changes were in 7.2.5. I REALLY want to play Arms warrior in PvE and not getting yelled for not being Fury spec... 

4 people like this

which time  nighthold will be released ???? and why u dont fix many off bugs appear in dngs like mos agro mobs nl falling and portal eoa last boss dht mobs many many bugs can made ur day and dep ur key i hope they will fix it soon as possible 

3 people like this

Hi Firestorm team,

I'm just curious on how you deploy the server. Do you deploy directly on the host machine or are you using container like Docker to deploy the server?

Thank you!

2 people like this

How are you going to implement Legion Pathfinder? Is it going to be the same as Dreanor Pathfinder?

Will u answer this questions or we need to do questions that doesn't hurt you?

1 person likes this

Will u Fix LoD and MoP raids and dungs in the future?

4 hours ago, Poonxo said:

my question is: can you define the time limitations of Soon

I also would like to know the Definition of your "soon". I hate when people say "soon, soon, very soon" what is this even mens? Sometimes you wait like months..That´s definitly not soon in my eyes. We´re living now in a other time, so.

4 hours ago, naisu said:

when we will see changes about mythic + depleted keys system ? when we gonna see downgrade for depleted keys , exemple MOS 16 not in time after that we get a lvl 15 for a random dungeon ? thank you 

This gonna change in higher Legion Patch. I believe it got changed on Patch 7.2.0 or so. Anyway on retail it´s never depleted anymore..This is so much better. Especially on a private server..because no players wanna do a depleted key.

1 person likes this

When can we expect fix for Legion professions? Nodes and drop rates are all wrong and bugged...

Id like to know the reason of a pvp realm being released over that having Sylvanas turn pvp and focus on fixing the classes rarther then creating a new server which listen carefully here:You are gonna devide the pvp players and pve players now see why this is a problem pvp stufff like arenas and BGs will never pop if you have a realm for pvp only and i know that many players will go to Greymane because they dont like the grind so they gonna get the charecter all done and only pvp?Pve players also probably will like to have some pvp sometimes but pvp will probably slowly die off and logn que times for arenas and BGs will acure so Sylvanas is gonna be left with the pve aspects and low pvp content and willl be like the server to only go to if you wanted to do some raids or dungeons make Sylvanas pvp and fix the classes some ppl willl hardly disagree with me here.

1 person likes this

Will we get back our mounts, profession progressions from the past (I mean the WoD's Tournament Server)? I was a great mount-farmer and I used to have full archaeology. This was the golden age for the Firestorm. Everybody loved it. Can... can we get it back? Or maybe you've deleted all our progressions?

Will you going to fix the drops from the chest on mythics +2 or more?

Hello .

My question is when hidden artifact appereances that arents still available  like warrior, frost/arcane mage , sub/outlaw rogue , etc. will be available ingame and not via shop only ?

And when we will get some old raids to be fixed and open to players to go in and get transmog like BLW , SoO , ToT(full) , raids like HM and BRF arent fully scripted and alot of  bosses dont work and in old raids final bosses  like Ragnaros in Firelands , Blackhand in BRF , Elegon and Emperors in MSV , Deathwing in DS , Yogg saron and Algalon in Ulduar , etc.dont work either or are there but completely bugged and ukillable like spine of Deathwind .

Edited by Kackata
2 people like this

7 hours ago, henrymendez said:

Will u answer this questions or we need to do questions that doesn't hurt you?

Did you even read the post? You answer the questions ehre and they will answer them on Discord.

when  patch 7.2 coming on firestorm ?

New patch. Ty

When do you will fix the visual bug in Rain From Above (male dh honor talent)?

1 person likes this

From what you said earlier, I know that you're very reluctant on switching patches, with rescripting things and all. Here I assume that you'll be waiting for patch 7.3.5. Does that mean we're going to get level scaling in all zones?

And on another note, I have been wondering how does SmartAI and quest scripting work? SmartAI involves databases, but how does it distinguish values to convert them into actions that would otherwise be coded with direct code? And do quests use SmartAI as well, or do they actually use C++ to describe requirements and conditions?

Edited by Tideturner
2 people like this

when will they apply version 7.2?