Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackmetallive

Is Disc Priest useless?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

i started playing disc priest in PVE. It is quite fun and i already run mythic 5+ dungs. But people keep flaming that it is useless and i should go holy.

when i watch videos and guides, the disc seems to be quite viable for mythics+ and raids, is he bugged on this server? or why keep people flaming on me....?

Im disc priest as well, Last I left WoW (The actual server) I could have sworn Disc Priest was OP as hell lol. Been some years ago but still. I remember being top DPS + Healing etc. I also remember different spells etc, but as I said could be different on the actual game now too as its been a while. I have yet to be flammed on here though, But I also speak English so someone could actually be flaming me and I wouldn't even know it lol. 

I take my last comment back, Disc Priest is actually pretty useless PvE lol (Dungeons and such)... Definitely roll Holy if you plan on being an efficient healer.  

Right now in this patch and specificly on Firestorm disc is....crap. Even on retail 7.0.3 and 7.1.5 disc priest wasnt great, you'd be way better off leveling your holy artifact for most content. On Firestorm; Disc has this annoying....bug where any healing that you do from dealing dmg will not crit, including atonement healing, causing you to lose out on quite a bit of healing in the long run. And yes, i've tested it and there hasnt been a single crit on atonement. ever. I sincerely hope this bug gets fixed in the future when we switch over to patch 7.3.

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

2B6C1AEC-D949-42E1-8ADC-DF1FC4354A8A.jpeg

ok, i tried to "master" my disc priest now. its quite hard to play, but the recount numbers are way higher than with holy. but only if you use "Nova" and have this "Overloaded with Light" Proc (which doesn't proc in Mythics+ and Raids, which idiot had this idea ......) my holy has about 200-250k in recount, my disc has 400-500k (AOE heals).

For single target the holy seems to be better, with disc i have to spam Shadow Mend a lot. But i manage to heal up mythics 7+

On 21.12.2017 at 10:23 PM, Appelpastei said:

Right now in this patch and specificly on Firestorm disc is....crap. Even on retail 7.0.3 and 7.1.5 disc priest wasnt great, you'd be way better off leveling your holy artifact for most content. On Firestorm; Disc has this annoying....bug where any healing that you do from dealing dmg will not crit, including atonement healing, causing you to lose out on quite a bit of healing in the long run. And yes, i've tested it and there hasnt been a single crit on atonement. ever. I sincerely hope this bug gets fixed in the future when we switch over to patch 7.3.

ok, i tried it, and it is not bugged, if you make dmg, you heal normal, if you crit with dmg, you make more heal. the more i play disc priest the more i realise that people are just not smart enough to handle disc.

the reason you cannot see atonment crits in recount is because it does not crit, the damage-spell crits, but not the atonment (but it made higher normal, non-crit healing)

Edited by blackmetallive

On 12/29/2017 at 3:16 PM, blackmetallive said:

the reason you cannot see atonment crits in recount is because it does not crit, the damage-spell crits, but not the atonment (but it made higher normal, non-crit healing)

atonement healing should be able to crit, healing from critical dmg spells do work, but critical atonement healing does not. I dont think you understood what i meant

On 30.12.2017 at 9:20 PM, Appelpastei said:

atonement healing should be able to crit, healing from critical dmg spells do work, but critical atonement healing does not. I dont think you understood what i meant

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614111977

yeah yeah its just visual