Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sam

[Declined] An idea for an application, I was thinking about

4 posts in this topic

So, I was thinking about developing an app for Firestorm that does two things.

1. Poll the status of the Firestorm realms and show it to the user. Also, notifies the user when a realm or more realms, of choice, comes back online after a downtime by using a notification, so the user does not have to keep checking the site over and over. He/she would simply run the application and once the realm is back on line, it makes a notification/sound. This will help players join the game faster.

2. Provide easy fixes to the known issues relating to Firestorm plus connections that is easy to use. One or few clicks and they are done instead of having to experience the issues and ask about them.

The application would be very light and very simple. I can develop this application without fuss. Nothing special about it. Though, this will not benefit me much as I do not play WoW as much as I used to. So, is anyone here excited for the idea? Let me know, if you are. If I get enough people interested, that will encourage me to make it.

P.S. I know that people would not probably risk downloading an exe. That is why, if I am to do this I will provide the full source code for the project, if any of the high level staff members would be interested in compiling it and adding the exe link.

Regards.

1 person likes this

I love it, an app on your phone ? That would be great tbh

Hello!

This is a suggestion thread, therefore I will be moving it to suggestions.

Regards,

Cigatronix

Greetings,

Well, your idea is not bad but i don't think that we are up to it now however you can check our realms directly here which requires only one click.

Regards,
Administrator Otacon.