mermelmadness

Server Content

5 posts in this topic

Hi all.  I'm relatively new to private servers in general and I'm looking around at various different servers to see which one I like best.  I have a question about the different servers that Firestorm hosts.

If a server is marked as Legion, does that mean that it contains content from all the previous expansions?  In other words, if I create a character and level on Sylvannas, I'll be able to get through all the Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, and WoD content?

Personally, as far as game mechanics, class balance, and overall quality of life features, I like WoD the best, but I want to go from 1 to 100 while experiencing as much as I can.

EDIT: Or what if when I hit level 100 or 110, I want to go back and solo Ulduar, ICC, or Dragon Soul.  Are these raids working?

Edited by mermelmadness

18 minutes ago, mermelmadness said:

Hi all.  I'm relatively new to private servers in general and I'm looking around at various different servers to see which one I like best.  I have a question about the different servers that Firestorm hosts.

If a server is marked as Legion, does that mean that it contains content from all the previous expansions?  In other words, if I create a character and level on Sylvannas, I'll be able to get through all the Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, and WoD content?

Personally, as far as game mechanics, class balance, and overall quality of life features, I like WoD the best, but I want to go from 1 to 100 while experiencing as much as I can.

EDIT: Or what if when I hit level 100 or 110, I want to go back and solo Ulduar, ICC, or Dragon Soul.  Are these raids working?

Greetings @mermelmadness and welcome,

To answer your questions yes Legion does contain ALL content from the previous expansions.

Ulduar works but there are a number of issues (See below)

1. Door to Yogg Saron won't open so you can't get to him.

2. The encounter with Thorim has some problems such as when you take one step past the door on the left you die instantly.  Only way you can kill Thorim that i know of is to mass spam AoE abilities near where he stands on the platform. This takes a long while and isn't easy (For me it was around an hour of spamming my fire mages AOE abilities).

3. Flame Leviathan is bugged to the point that it is unkillable so don't bother trying.

4. Freya is more hit and miss. She's bugged in that if you don't kill her within a couple seconds (Roughly) she despawns.

5. Mirmiron is a bit awkward in that getting to him doesn't seem to work well. When i tried it the tram didn't seem to work but for some reason it mysteriously teleported me near his location allowing me to kill him.

ICC does work but like Ulduar there are some bugs.

For instance, Professor Putricide bugs out from time to time making him unkillable.

I'm not sure about the green dragon who's imprisoned there so i can't say for certain if she works. I opted to skip her and just get through the rest of ICC.

The Flagship Encounter is either not working or not implemented so just skip that.

The Lich King encounter does work although his RP monologue is a little bit buggy but doesn't really affect the encounter all that much.

As far as Dragon Soul goes you can't progress past the second boss (If i recall correctly it's the second boss).

So if I'm after a bunch of achievements, I won't be able to get them all.  Do you know if there are plans to complete this content?  Obviously, the focus is on Legion.....

What about other servers?  Can we transfer toons between servers?

21 minutes ago, mermelmadness said:

So if I'm after a bunch of achievements, I won't be able to get them all.  Do you know if there are plans to complete this content?  Obviously, the focus is on Legion.....

I've no idea if there any such "plans" truth be told.

You can transfer characters between servers I.E Gul'dan to Legion from the shop here https://firestorm-servers.com/en/shop/index. First time is free.

Select the "realm" you want to transfer from then the character you want to copy over then "manage your characters".

Edited by Shalaya

1 hour ago, mermelmadness said:

from servers in firestorm to yes , but from firestorm to another server no