Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
perc19

Has anyones account got hacked before?

5 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone has had their account hacked and lost all there gold, and if so what did the gms do about it if they did anything at all, im asking this because my account got hacked and ended up losing all my gold, i have proof that another ip address was trying to get online the same time as me ( i  got d/c and kept trying to log in just to get instant d/c for like 5-10 min) and screen shotted the IP address log that shows it.

All Staff can say is this:

Spoiler

Your account, your responsibility. Your fault for giving acc info to others

yeah i pretty got told the same this just now which is bull shit because i didnt give my account info to other, what the fuck are they even for if they dont help with problems the way they treat players is complete bull shit, like i stg i made like 10 tickets so far and each and every one of them is the same shit, like hell, there aint possible to recover hacked gold with proof of a unknown ip address but my god they can give out free gold points during there little fucking meet and greet.

I am sorry to say this @perc19, but they are right. Being hacked is mostly your responsibility. It is not easy to have access to someone's account in here. You have to know both the username and password which is not possible. I mean if they had a username(=email address) I would say, it is slightly possible. I mean anyone can try and hack the account using known security tools plus a wordlist. Though, what you are describing is insane.

Now, let me ask you this. Did you use your email/password combo on another WoW gaming site or a shady website? If that is the case, they might be the ones responsible for robbing you. Does your password contain both numbers and symbols? If that is not the case, go ahead and change the password to include those. Also, while you are at it, before changing the password, change your email address to something else, then change the password to prevent future unauthorized logons.

Also, make sure you download a good anti-virus on your computer and do a full scan.

Regards.

Greetings Perc19, sorry about your account being hacked. As i mentioned to you on discord you are held accountable for your own account security. As Sam mentioned about email and password, you shouldn't use the same password for every account or other accounts like social media. If they get one, they know it all.

However Firestorm does have a Mobile authentication system which you can find in "Account settings" Via the Firestorm website. If you don't wish to use your mobile phone or don't have one, you can always set up an authenticator on your computer like WinAuth that way its locked so if another IP address does try they'd have to have access to your Authenticator which is why Firestorm has this as security. I'd recommend getting this set up and changing all your passwords on any account you use under that email address.

Here is a link to WinAuth: https://winauth.github.io/winauth/index.html

Regards,
Foxtrot.  

Edited by Foxtrot