Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dragonmarked

Frost Mage Elemental Pet Models

6 posts in this topic

I hope someone can help me understand an Issue. I am playing a Frost Mage and My Elemental Frost pet basically looks like gray rocks, yet I am seeing "Water Creature" type (old models of the elemental) with some Mages. Am I missing something? I have cleared all my caches and tried forum searching but I am not finding the answer.

I would prefer the old "Vanilla WoW Water Creature" Frost Elemental myself.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Hi, I have the exact same problem. For some reason I am stuck with the wrong water elemental model. I asked on world chat, and talked to some people, but everyone told me to just replace the thing with the talent, but I don't want to do that. I recall this bug also existed on WoD realm. Some characters get the proper water elemental, and others just get the wrong one. It seems to be at random. And it's very disappointing to play your character until level 10 just to get the wrong pet model, and have to recreate the character and start all over again! I'll wait for the 7.3.5 and than report if the problem still persists. If anyone knows of a way to fix this issue please share it with us!

WoWScrnShot_033118_162421.jpg

Thanks! You have actually explained and shown the issue much more clearly than I. (I too asked in english world chat without much luck). Oddly enough I created a Gnome mage that had the "Water" type Mage elemental. As a test a I created another and at level 12 it was the "Rock" type as you have shown above, again... Very confusing.

Update:

I have used the "Unbound Elemental" glyph (I think that's the name). It is ok I guess, but I still like the old Mage elemental model personally.

Yes, I have done some testing and it seems to be random. I made 5 female goblin mages on pvp realm, and only 1 of them had the normal elemental. I can't find any info about this happening on retail, and all screenshots from retail display the watery type of elemental. I have tried also changing specializations back and forth in hope that it resets the model but no luck. I hope it gets fixed with 7.3.5, but if not I'll make a full report on the bugtracker. I remember the exact same problem happening on WoD realm long time ago, it's odd it didn't get fixed yet.

Edited by Masashi

On 7.3.5 PTR this issue is fixed.