Roderlay

(POLL) final step to solve exploited's easter event

Remove gear from people who bought exagerated amounts of lootboxes in April 1st   151 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you think that gear from lootboxes bought by exagerated amount of exploited loyalty points in April 1st should be removed? Leave a comment below.


Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

It kinda creates an unbalance and decreases server's quality by having a few abusers who got fully geared in less than one day, more than people who play fair for months.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but only if an exploit was used.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. The exploit was a mistake done by firestorm. They had a day for fix it or at least for explain how the event should work, preventing players to do abuse without knowing. Firestorm should give back everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nekrell said:

No. The exploit was a mistake done by firestorm. They had a day for fix it or at least for explain how the event should work, preventing players to do abuse without knowing. Firestorm should give back everything.

We are not talking about 2-3k loyalty points spent on crates, some players spent more than 25k before it's removal (and got boosted from nothing to about 900 ilvl). You consider unfair that they get gear removed while others consider unfair that they couldn't spend not even a single point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who bought alot of loot boxes and geard their char should the gear who he got from chests be removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, great way to make quite a few people change servers, lol. Removing LP was a necessary thing, but people already deleted their old gear so leaving them naked would be a terrible idea.  I don't agree with lootboxes going full-premium though.

If people find a bug then they'll exploit it and you need to make sure it's as hard to exploit as possible. First thing I'd do when testing such an event is checking whether multi-clicking could be exploited, since it's pretty common bug among private WoW servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DrSandwich said:

Yeah, great way to make quite a few people change servers, lol. Removing LP was a necessary thing, but people already deleted their old gear so leaving them naked would be a terrible idea.  I don't agree with lootboxes going full-premium though.

If people find a bug then they'll exploit it and you need to make sure it's as hard to exploit as possible. First thing I'd do when testing such an event is checking whether multi-clicking could be exploited, since it's pretty common bug among private WoW servers.

They won't quit server, as much they will stop playing these alts... and after all if i was an admin i'd rather to lose 10 players instead of having 95% of the server population thinking they were cheated by a few if that would be the case!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they exploited this yes, they should get punished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is that Everyone who exploited this eggs should be punished, and those who played fair, and did not exploit anything should get they'r points back, cause they did spent a lot of time searching the eggs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roderlay said:

We are not talking about 2-3k loyalty points spent on crates, some players spent more than 25k before it's removal (and got boosted from nothing to about 900 ilvl). You consider unfair that they get gear removed while others consider unfair that they couldn't spend not even a single point. 

So if 10 people, on 100, abuses a bug... 100 have to pay for them? why? those abusers were easy to be find
Pesonally, i lost even the points i had before the event. Some people have lost even random items for a bug occurred during the reset of the points! that not right!

They should have left everything to everyone. 
I can understand IF the points were FP...but damn those were LP! you can buy only some minor changes and the 875 crate with those (and for this i strongly doubt that someone has managed to equip fully to ilvl 900 a character). All this punishment is POINTLESS


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people were able to use the 20k+ LP to buy 100's of boxes while others didn't get to obtain LP, and then there's those like me who wasn't even able to spend it before it was removed. Imo give everyone pts so they're all on an even playing field. It sucks that some people have a huge advantage over people who play the game legit. Oh did you dedicate hours each day farming mythics for some titanforge RNG (Since it's 865 base ilvl)? Well sucks to be you cause people just got from 790 to 890 in a few hours of farming those stupid eggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't give a @%& if someone have advantage over me! is not a race! i was happy with my points and the three patetic chests i've earnd with those points. chest that give me barelly nothing. then someone for punish someone else took everything from everyone. NICE that, WOW, was a genius method for punish someone! GOOD JOB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they should be removed after all, the game is about getting stuff why do we bother doing raids and dungeons and mythics or farm daily world quests for gear if others can get these for free in less than a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nekoe said:

Yes they should be removed after all, the game is about getting stuff why do we bother doing raids and dungeons and mythics or farm daily world quests for gear if others can get these for free in less than a day.

Because Nighthold gives items that are way better compared to the lootbox 875+?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why none made this vote till now about all the players that exploited in PvP ?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ofc not the gear will suck anyways 7.3 is next month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wont matter 7.3.5 coming soon and gear from heroics will be better than the best item u can get rn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not only for legion, even if abusers could get gear boxes, I farmed my points for hours and the server thought that it would be better to take them away from me too, they should punish abursers and give everyone else their points back. It's unfair that legal players farmed for a day to get their points and you steal them, and now firestorm nerfed the points per egg so abusers that used the points will get anyway the boxes and legal players will get nothing.

The way this has been "solved" is horrible and terribly unfair. 

TLDR: GIVE US OUR POINTS!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nekrell said:

So if 10 people, on 100, abuses a bug... 100 have to pay for them? why? those abusers were easy to be find
Pesonally, i lost even the points i had before the event. Some people have lost even random items for a bug occurred during the reset of the points! that not right!

They should have left everything to everyone. 
I can understand IF the points were FP...but damn those were LP! you can buy only some minor changes and the 875 crate with those (and for this i strongly doubt that someone has managed to equip fully to ilvl 900 a character). All this punishment is POINTLESS



 

The BASE ilvl is 875 from normal lootboxes, it can still get upgraded to 915, for example people who donates for 885 NH lootboxes feel cheated because they pay real money for something that people can get only by taking advantage of a bug, and the fact that admins let them keep such items from exploiting just decreases server quality and makes people to not want to donate again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, draggenor said:

This is not only for legion, even if abusers could get gear boxes, I farmed my points for hours and the server thought that it would be better to take them away from me too, they should punish abursers and give everyone else their points back. It's unfair that legal players farmed for a day to get their points and you steal them, and now firestorm nerfed the points per egg so abusers that used the points will get anyway the boxes and legal players will get nothing.

The way this has been "solved" is horrible and terribly unfair. 

TLDR: GIVE US OUR POINTS!!

Lol I have farmed 2k and I wanted to save them so I bought nothing and now Iv got no lootboxes and I lost my original 200 that I had before the event xD now talk about being fair 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CAN but it's not sure.
i have paid real money in the past, but after all this pointless move you can be sure i will donate no more. why should i donate for someone that prefer punish everyone when is possible to find easely the real abuser? 
i've lost even points earned in past days. i have to restart the daily farm from 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings everyone.
Even though this is a good idea to know what most are thinking, everyone should understand that lootboxes at this point of the expansion won't make such a big difference. We talked this through and if you all think about it, these are 875 loot boxes. Even if you get a decent 885 item level character, we all know that if you want to reach somewhere higher such as Nighthold Heroic, this won't be enough. You still will need to work your way up, and the best way to do that will be through Nighthold Normal, where the best gear pieces are. (Not like the ones in common loot boxes, without bonus stats). 
Also, 7.3.5 is coming, where many things will be changed, including item level from the gear itself. So whoever is 880 or 885 from these loot boxes, will still have to put up the same efforts as those who didn't buy them, to reach their way up. 
Besides all these facts, loot boxing is just gear, and if you are a true World of Warcraft player, you know that more than just gear, skills are required. You can either be an 840 warrior and dealing 300k dps, or an 885 and dealing 150k. Loot boxing will not just be absurd, but it will also demonstrate people's skills in the game and make these people more valuable compared to the "exploiting" population.
Finishing the post, saying that this may have been the Staff's "fault", but everyone got something beneficial from it. It is supposed to be an Event to make people entertained and amused, so please try not caring so much who got what, and enjoy the game experience. We do our best to keep everyone in a win-win situation, so if you have exploited, you'll keep your loot boxes and get all points removed still. But if you haven't, you got 300 points that we gave to the honest players, to buy whatever you'd like.

 

We apologize for the inconvenient still. but let's not dramatize this situation, it's a mistake. And all humans do mistakes.

 

Best Regards,

Yashirou


 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've earned 2000 LP, i've found 100 point basically in every single egg. i was fair during the event but those 300 point...no, never seen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Nekrell , Greetings.
This might happen, if you have either double clicked an egg (By mistake or lag), or because of the amount of points is simply too big and was taken as exploiting. I recommend you contacting somebody about this and explain your situation. 

Best Regards,


Yashirou.

Edited by Yashirou
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Yashirou said:

Greetings everyone.
Even though this is a good idea to know what most are thinking, everyone should understand that lootboxes at this point of the expansion won't make such a big difference. We talked this through and if you all think about it, these are 875 loot boxes. Even if you get a decent 885 item level character, we all know that if you want to reach somewhere higher such as Nighthold Heroic, this won't be enough. You still will need to work your way up, and the best way to do that will be through Nighthold Normal, where the best gear pieces are. (Not like the ones in common loot boxes, without bonus stats). 
Also, 7.3.5 is coming, where many things will be changed, including item level from the gear itself. So whoever is 880 or 885 from these loot boxes, will still have to put up the same efforts as those who didn't buy them, to reach their way up. 
Besides all these facts, loot boxing is just gear, and if you are a true World of Warcraft player, you know that more than just gear, skills are required. You can either be an 840 warrior and dealing 300k dps, or an 885 and dealing 150k. Loot boxing will not just be absurd, but it will also demonstrate people's skills in the game and make these people more valuable compared to the "exploiting" population.
Finishing the post, saying that this may have been the Staff's "fault", but everyone got something beneficial from it. It is supposed to be an Event to make people entertained and amused, so please try not caring so much who got what, and enjoy the game experience. We do our best to keep everyone in a win-win situation, so if you have exploited, you'll keep your loot boxes and get all points removed still. But if you haven't, you got 300 points that we gave to the honest players, to buy whatever you'd like.

 

We apologize for the inconvenient still. but let's not dramatize this situation, it's a mistake. And all humans do mistakes.

 

Best Regards,

Yashirou


 

Hello Yashirou, thank you for taking a bit of your time to read and comment this post. But consider that it wasn't only 875 gear, several players linked 900+ from lootboxes yesterday, which is by far higher ilvl than hc NH drops itself, so there is a great advantage in their favor, the dps is just matter of watch a youtube video about their dps rotation  to get ready for high level raids. 

-If staff won't remove the gear that people got yesterday from the thousands of LP, then another Solution to the problem would be Compensate the people who Did Not buy anything at all with their LP yesterday, so they won't feel cheated, and the people who bought boxes won't have anything removed from their inventory. An extra compensation of LP for people who (i repeat) Did Not buy anything at all but opened at least one Egg yesterday would be fair for everyone.

Edited by Roderlay
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.