Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Relykia

[Declined] In Game Messaging [In-game]

6 posts in this topic

Title: In Game Messaging

Type: In-game

Description: 

I need to talk a little bit about technical stuff before I can get to my suggestion.

I noticed something today when trying to message a friend. I was able to send a message once just fine, but after trying to send them another message via the whisper feature it said that I had to wait 25+ minutes.

25 minutes to message someone on my friend list.

Now I can understand this thing being in place to deal with spam bots and the like, but someone on your friend list.

Suggestion...

Adjust the settings so that if you have someone on your friends list they can message each other just fine without such a long delay. If that isn't possible, change the delay to a time that is more reasonable.

Ooo. I like the idea, maybe it could be an addon idea. Who knows? 

I don't think there is a need to create an addon just to sidestep a function that is in all honesty being placed behind a pointless wall. I call it pointless because we as users have ways of dealing with all of the various issues that come our way where this wall is in place to possibly deal with

1. Getting spammed?
  2. Getting harassed?
  3. Getting bothered?
  4. Don't feel like talking to X person?

I don't think I missed any, but as I was saying there is a way to deal with all of that real easy. Unless the ignore feature is broken, we have the power to deal with message issues that come our way. Now granted the ignore feature only holds 50 names I believe, but in my entire time of playing on various private servers I don't think I have ever had to use ignore more than a couple times here and there and that is being generous.

I have seen servers do some other ideas that deal with this type of thing, without going to these lengths. All of them revolve around being a certain level, usually if memory serves me right, it was like 10 or so.

One could then make the argument, "But with having an XP rate of x5. getting to level 10 is not that hard and can be done in 20 minutes or so." To which I would reply with, "Unless the /ignore command doesn't work. We can deal with those issues as they come."

One could also make the argument of, "With the delay in place we are already dealing with the issue." To which I would reply with, "No, you are delaying the issue and not letting people deal with the issue on their own, using the tools that are already there."

One could even make the argument of, "Some people might fall for the scams and we are trying to help avoid that." And I would say, "On account creation you make a disclaimer or a paragraph telling people to avoid going to sites that offer gold or the like as these can steal their account. If people ignore these warnings, that falls on them."

Sorry for the book, but I felt that I needed to cover as many bases as possible.

Sadly, it get's even worse. Maybe I am missing something here. 

There was an Auto-broadcast that said something like, "Join the English world type /join_world_en or something like that. I was like OH YES!! if they have this being broadcasted there must be a way to talk with people.

Sadly the joke was on me. Not even able to post one message and it was like "HA! you must wait an hour to say something."

What is even the point of having any kind of chat channels if you can't even use them?

Do you have to be level 80 to chat on here?

So at Level 19 I was able to finally use the World_en channel without any issue.
Might I suggest that SOMEWHERE on this site, maybe even in game on an auto broadcast. Let people know what needs to happen so they can actually chat. Since it seems that the only one that is not hindered by either a time or level block is the Say channel.

On 4/2/2018 at 4:02 PM, Relykia said:

25 minutes to message someone on my friend list.

Jeeez, 25mins to send another message is that even a thing ? Never played firestorm's wotlk , Did but not that much and I don't remember that I had to wait 25mins to send a message. thats just annoying as hell ..