Shelby

Legion: Upgrading to 7.3.5

49 posts in this topic

kzEWcpA.jpg

Hello,

It's coming to the end of the Public Test Realm (7.3.5), which announces the official release of patch 7.3.5 exclusively on Firestorm on Monday, May 7th, 2018! We have received a lot of feedback from you, and we appreciate you for it! Your feedback helped us expedite the progress on development and corrected the problems you've encountered during the test.

You will be given several ways to update your game to the latest version, and we recommend you download the full game before joining the server (Ref: Method #1). If you're reinstalling your game, you may want to back up your addons configurations, macros, etc. refer to the ending spot of the guide.

Important Note: There is two addons included in the file archive called "Firestorm" and "GMTickets" they will have to stay permanently activated in order to make requests in-game. These are used for features such as the Recruit-a-Friend and other features in the future, they're required.

ab630512196b69e5e17ef51ef9cebeaf.png

Method #1 (You don't have the game installed, you can do either of the options below):

• A. Download from the Firestorm Torrent:
    • Download the full torrent game from our website (You will need a torrent client installed i.e; µTorrent, BitTorrent, or Deluge).
    • Once the download is completed (52 GB), move the folder named "World of Warcraft 7.3.5 Full - Firestorm" to the directory where you want to install the game (avoid leaving it in the download folder to avoid any problems).
      • Windows: Extract the client to your game directory and start the game from the "Firestorm.exe" executable.
      • MacOS: You will need to extract the Firestorm_Mac archive to your game directory. Once that is done run the "Firestorm_Mac.app" and you should be able to play.
    • A window will appear asking you to choose the language you wish to play with (the default is your operating system language) then your game will launch normally. Next all you do is login with your Firestorm credentials.

Spoiler

ZPkMTKg.png

• B. Download from Blizzard (Battle.net):
    • Create a Battle.net Account here.
    • Download the Blizzard Launcher and Full Game.
    • Once everything is installed, simply replace the files with the ones provided here or alternatively use the Firestorm Launcher to patch the files.
      • Windows: Extract the client to your game directory and start the game from the "Firestorm.exe" executable.
      • MacOS: You will need to extract the Firestorm_Mac archive to your game directory. Once that is done run the "Firestorm_Mac.app" and you should be able to play.

Spoiler

SMiR5fc.jpg
        gkx9nSX.png
        Y0CNWwI.png
        dhbTBow.png

Method #2 (You don't have the game and wish to download it as fast as possible):

• If you don't have the game installed, place the files in a new blank folder and run the executable in administrator mode. This will download your game while your playing. The initial game launching will be very slow, and it will take between 15 and 30 minutes before you can play with your character, as the game is downloading the basic files. Remember that you will have lag, longer loading times, and potentially high ping depending on the speed of your internet connection. We do not recommend this method at all.
    • Windows: Extract the client to your game directory and start the game from the "Firestorm.exe" executable.
    • MacOS: You will need to extract the Firestorm_Mac archive to your another folder. Once that is done run the "Firestorm_Mac.app" and you should be able to play.

Spoiler

Cnpqpng.png

Method #3 (You already have the game with Firestorm Launcher):

• Launch and login into the Firestorm Launcher.
  • Click on the Legion, an update to your game will be done automatically. When it's done press the "Play" button and wait a few minutes.
  • The initial game launching will be very slow, and it will take between 15 and 30 minutes before you can play with your character, as the game is downloading the basic files. Remember that you will have lag, longer loading times, and potentially high ping depending on the speed of your internet connection (This is downloading files for 7.3.5 - roughly 6GB). As well you will be prompted to select your language on launch.

Spoiler

y40Tdfy.png

uBPDpUH.png

Method #4 (You already have the game without Firestorm Launcher):

• Download the minimal client available here, then extract the files inside the archive to your game existing game directory, and then run the executable. Wait for it to download the files (missing files about 6 GB).
    • Windows: Extract the files to your existing game directory. Once that is completed run the executable Firestorm.exe or "Firestorm-64.exe" to play.
    • MacOS: You will need to extract the Firestorm_Mac archive to existing game directory. Once that is done run the "Firestorm_Mac.app" and you should be able to play.

Spoiler

qkbFmgy.png

ab630512196b69e5e17ef51ef9cebeaf.png

Addon Configurations and Macros:

• Go to your installation of your game (7.1.5), then WTF > Account
    • Copy the folder with your "Account Name" (i.e: test@gmail.com) (right click on the folder > copy).
  • Navigate to your installation of your game (7.3.5) and switch to the folder WTF > "Account" 
    • Paste your copied folder into that folder (Right click > Paste).
  • Start your game and have fun.
3 people like this

1 hour ago, desuki said:

so if you already have legion 7.1.5, you still need to redownload something to get it to work ? you don't just update it from the launcher?

The game will indeed be automaticaly updated to 7.3.5 with the launcher monday, however the first time you will start the game it will take between 5 and 30 minutes to download the missing 7.3.5 game data (the Firestorm Launcher will just update the executables to 7.3.5 and install the news required addons).

1 hour ago, moneeb.abu said:

The game downloaded around 6GB when i played the PTR, Can i now play it without downloading any files ?

And do i need another client to run the game (i already have the ptr client).

Thanks!

If your game have already downloaded the 7.3.5 data while you was playing on the PTR all you have to do is Follow the method #4 (download the .zip patch, extract it into your actual game folder and start the game with Firestorm.exe).

18 minutes ago, Sam said:

Did anyone try upgrading from 7.1.5 to 7.3.5 using the patcher that downloads 6GB? If that is the case, how is the speed?

There is not patcher that download the game data, the game itself download the missing data the first time you launch it in streaming so you can't really see the speed.

However the game download it directly on the blizzard CDN so you can expect a very good speed ;) 

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Colum said:

I have download the torrent and i get this : Data, interface, play firestorm.exe, firestorm_mac.zip. I think i can delete mac.zip??

Yes you can delete the mac file.

9 hours ago, hareldahan said:

hey if i already have wow 7.1.5 folder by torrent not launcher i just follow method 4? i download this : https://nofile.io/f/JyUwWqRKpNy/World+of+Warcraft+7.3.5+Patch+-+Firestorm.zip 
and i just extract this to my folder? thanks

Yes and don't forget to run the executable.

4 hours ago, Druidakai said:

I have the launcher, but I also have the PTR on my official (non-duplicate) folder, because I made a mistake and downloaded it on that one instead of the copy. 

No worries, just redirect it to your existing game files and you shouldnt have a problem.

Sylvanas and Greymane were successfully updated to 7.3.5 and are now online.
We expect some instabilities on the 1st day and we will perform hotfixes as we go !

Have a nice day and enjoy the new content with your friends

3 people like this

Method 1 is the only method that works without issues. If you have 7.3.5 issues read my guide here:

1 person likes this

Hello Everyone,

This is not a technical support thread or a bug-tracker, this is also not a meme thread nor a flaming thread. All posts have been removed, if you require technical support please make a technical support post using the following link:

http://us.forum.firestorm-servers.com/index.php?/forms/2-technical-support/

If you wish to keep up to date with the latest information on the server or require live support please visit the firestorm discord channel with the following link: (if you do not have discord you can download discord, you don't require a microphone for discord).

https://discord.gg/bFsVtPM

Below will be some fixes for the most common issues;

Loading is stuck at 90%? Our Forum moderator @Friend has found a fix for this which is as followed:

Spoiler
first navigate to your world of warcraft folder, make sure the game is closed. head over to the main folder and see if there's a cache folder, if there is any, delete it. after that enter the WTF folder open the FS735 as notepad and make sure on the first line there's written: SET Portal "legion.logon.firestorm-servers.com" then click save, after that right click on the wow folder and uncheck read-only completely

then enter the folder again right click the -64.exe and hit run as administrator

and in game, don't login just yet

click System

head to resolution

click the largest you can

and then head over to Network and click optimize network for speed

then you're done!

Easiest way to upgrade the client from 7.1.5 to 7.3.5 or patch from blizzard/ptr to firestorm?

Spoiler
Delete wtf folder, interface folder and wow.exe's > download the following package > extract into your folder > run using the exe in the package

I have missing traits? 

Spoiler

Yes, if you have read the patch notes from 7.2 you'll notice that traits changed the points system, you have the same amount of points as you did before which now matches the new traits system. you can find a conversation rate table using the following links:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=260072/7-2-artifact-calculator-updates-artifact-power-trait-ranks-knowledge-ranks-to-40

http://prntscr.com/jf9c4i

How can I get artifact knowledge?

Spoiler

Artifact knowledge will now be given weekly as it is in retail. 

Edited by Alan
2 people like this

Guys If I change race to Allied Races do we get the Heritage Armor transmog?

1 person likes this

I dont get how to actualise the addons, some lag comes from the addons for sure

6 minutes ago, Balkaya said:

@Sam so then i need delete evryhing from wow and download again legion from https://firestorm-servers.com/en/welcome/play

Keep the WTF and Interface folders. Then, download the torrent from the link above. Then, after you are done downloading the torrent, launch the Play Firestorm.exe copy the WTF folder into the legion folder. Then, use the names in the Interface/AddOns folder to get the newest version of the AddOns you are using. Do not use the old addons.

Is it normal that the torrent download takes SO long? i know is ~50GB but the download speed for the torrent is way below my normal donwnload speed

35 minutes ago, Stormback said:

Can you guys fix the lag problem like legit we can't even play 

We are working on it

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, HMorenoM said:

Is it normal that the torrent download takes SO long? i know is ~50GB but the download speed for the torrent is way below my normal donwnload speed

Sadly, there are not enough seeds. It took me around a full day to get it myself.

Concerning the addons, I've encountered a pretty weird problem with Tidy Plates (I've got a working 7.3 version).

In the outside world, everything works fine. And in dungeons, for some reason, enemy units are displayed as they should, but not allied units, who appear with the default Blizzard nameplate for some reason. 
Can it be the upgrade fault or is my addon fucked up in dungeons for some reason ?

Hi,

When i'm starting Wow trough the launcher just clicking *Play* the Wow is not running..  After few minutes appears *White window* then Wow is not responding. Could u help me solve this problem?

Firestorm Torrent downloading 20 Kbps/s. Can you seed for us ? We can't download it with this download speed.

FOR GOD sake we wanna play like normal people without crash or lags or why can't we play before I hope 7.1.5 back btw legit serveur crash every 30min or like yesterday everyone play with 100000ping i hope you do something about because it's for real tilting people losing there shit because of this  and the staff....i don't know like they don't care or they don't even bother explain why...... JUST plz plz do something!

3 minutes ago, Stormback said:

FOR GOD sake we wanna play like normal people without crash or lags or why can't we play before I hope 7.1.5 back btw legit serveur crash every 30min or like yesterday everyone play with 100000ping i hope you do something about because it's for real tilting people losing there shit because of this  and the staff....i don't know like they don't care or they don't even bother explain why...... JUST plz plz do something!

they're trying, i talked to a gm yesterday

3 minutes ago, temotemo012 said:

they're trying, i talked to a gm yesterday

like why not do a beta after the PTR it would be better than this crash party 

how can i get my class mount?

some of the ppl said i must do mage tower quest but i cant do it alone and when i find someone to help me i cant join with team.

can someone guide me

Any mac users can help me? I have 7.3.5 from battle.net and downloaded the World of Warcraft 7.3.5 Patch - Firestorm file. After extracting  the firestorm_mac archive and getting the app for mac it says it's damaged... I tried to redirect the patch with firestorm launcher but it's stuck at upgrading and can't use it.

Also tried to download the whole game from the utorrent firestorm has and it's unable to connect.

Guys, can you help me? I have fps problem in 7.3.5. I have like 30-40 fps on really low graphic in Dalaran, in dungeons lower. But on 7.1.5 I had 90+ fps on high graphic in 25 man raids.

Someone can help me and tell step by step what I need to do to fix that problem?

Thanks,

by Balkaya :)

2 hours ago, Balkaya said:

Guys, can you help me? I have fps problem in 7.3.5. I have like 30-40 fps on really low graphic in Dalaran, in dungeons lower. But on 7.1.5 I had 90+ fps on high graphic in 25 man raids.

Someone can help me and tell step by step what I need to do to fix that problem?

Thanks,

by Balkaya :)

Downloading the full 7.3.5 torrent helps a lot. Also, 7.3 really messed up the graphics. You will see your HDD working non-stop whenever you move to a new map. Blame it on the development team on blizzard. They messed things up. You can get an SSD that would help things, too.

2 hours ago, miaumisina said:

Any mac users can help me? I have 7.3.5 from battle.net and downloaded the World of Warcraft 7.3.5 Patch - Firestorm file. After extracting  the firestorm_mac archive and getting the app for mac it says it's damaged... I tried to redirect the patch with firestorm launcher but it's stuck at upgrading and can't use it.

Also tried to download the whole game from the utorrent firestorm has and it's unable to connect.

There is a MAC guide for 7.3.5 in here. Just use the search to find it.

1 person likes this

Is there a chance that we get a Boris event in the near future ?

13 hours ago, Sam said:

Downloading the full 7.3.5 torrent helps a lot. Also, 7.3 really messed up the graphics. You will see your HDD working non-stop whenever you move to a new map. Blame it on the development team on blizzard. They messed things up. You can get an SSD that would help things, too.

Im sorry dude but you are writing bullshit. I played 7.3.5 on global server and had 50-60 FPS, here i have 20-30 FPS even without addons.
Im pretty sure that FPS here is somehow related to server files, not mentioning ping spiking like monkey on lsd.
So we have to wait for GMs to fix this, end of story.

2 people like this