• Announcements

kija1000

Looking for help with the update

16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I just read the news on the official website about the new patch and how to update your current game, but I kinda got stuck doing so. Since I had the game downloaded from a torrent, I "used" Method #4 (downloading a .zip file and extracting it in the game folder). I did as following, this is a picture of how currently my folder looks like, and I wanted to ask a question. I got in game (using the Firestorm - 64 file), and once I got in game, once I logged in on my character, it said that some data is being downloaded. Is it possible for the same data (I think the files that are 6GB), to download in the background while I work something else on my pc, without having to have the game launched..? 

I desperately need your help, so thank you in advance!

Greetings, Kija!

wow folder.png

If you already had 7.1.5 all you had to do is to open the firestorm launcher, and it downloads automatically the 7.3.5 patch...

1 person likes this

But what about the missing data? Once i launched it (Firestorm - 64), a small window popped up, and then the Legion cinematic started playing. Once that was finished, I got into game, and there was this yellow circle on the top of my screen, saying that additional data is being downloaded... I am still confused about the 6 GB of data they mentioned in "method #4"...

wow you just need to wait 30 mins and all the data will be done right now the game is still downloading so just wait a while

1 person likes this

after opening the launcher i had 54 Gigs of free space and i now have only 20....wtf? btw i was playing fine on 7.1.5 so why is it downloading so much stuff?

Who downloaded the patch while playing? i'm downloading it while playing wow, is there any problem doing in this way?

1 person likes this

i don't know how you're doing it wrong, but you are not doing it so well..

I just opened the launcher when i came to home, i waited for the launcher to update my WoW Legion and i pressed "Play"... is this that hard?? xD

I don't launch the game via launcher xD.. I thought I would mess up something if the game is being downloaded while I am in game, so that's why I've been concerned. But since everyone else downloaded the patch while being in game, I guess I'll do the same. :P

Seems so many are playing at same time as dowloading its causing massive lag and crashes on the server, people that allready had 7.1 should have just logged in as normal then the game would have done a short update about 6 gigs if you all ready had the firestorm launcher.   They did not make it very clear and was very confusing for every one.    If you are now downloading the entire game then YES it is about 54 gig, so idk if you are running out of room whether you can completely delete the older version before installing this one, i would suggest you get advice from devs first about any files you may need to back up

And is there another way of getting those extra 6gb of data, without being logged in? Because the server as you said is very unstable, and I cant download my data, since I get kicked really often and my ms is insane...

2 hours ago, kija1000 said:

And is there another way of getting those extra 6gb of data, without being logged in? Because the server as you said is very unstable, and I cant download my data, since I get kicked really often and my ms is insane...

Yes. Use the launcher.

Edited by Shanee

i have same issue, but meh, im just re-downloading the game... longer but clean way

Realm is crashing every 10 min.

Do not use the update method or the blizzard method. Just download the torrent. There is no way around it.

2 hours ago, Shanee said:

Yes. Use the launcher.

But what about the fact that I have downloaded my game from the torrent.. I don't have the launcher :/

On 07/05/2018 at 10:21 PM, kija1000 said:

But what about the fact that I have downloaded my game from the torrent.. I don't have the launcher :/

The easiest way to upgrade is by doing the following, however you will then be streaming data, if you don't want to stream data as you play then ignore this and download the full torrent.

Delete wtf folder, interface folder and wow.exe's > download the following package > extract into your folder > run using the exe in the package

Edited by Alan