Blizzy

[Declined] Firestorm Shop Economy

12 posts in this topic

First of all, this topic contains information material based on the thoughes of real players, IT''S NOT QQ NEITHER ANGER !

Myself I know very good in what situation Firestorm is at the moment, I want to help Firestorm, and not cry or talk about unfair stuff.

Alright, so let's get started.

The new shop which have been released this week is epic, thats all I want to say about the look and database of items / mounts etc. In the first days I bet that Firestorm got a HUEG positive line of donations according to the transmog weapons / sets. It's really a nice idea to put some of the items that are worth to donate for, in case they are UNOPTAINABLE in the game. I know and I bet that a lot other people know why Firestorm has put so much new content into the shop, I respect it in all cases!

But since I'm a very active player and I have my own experience by playing with friends, random players etc I would like to share an idea to Firestorm's team.

Remember, this is according only about few sections in the donation shop, not everything at all.

We all discover the new fantastic mounts and the other new stuff, and literally everyone is liking this idea. But there is a way that Firestorm and its players get a way bigger benefit !

Please carefully read  this before you add a comment. Thanks.

Firestorm will earn WAY more money and a fuckin huge amount of players gonna donate weekly / monthly to the shop if this heppen! 

1) Lower the prices of ALL mounts by 30% Expect the ones for 120-150 or 30 points.

2) Add more vote points by voting 1 time, becouse players useally need 1-2months to collect enough vote points just to buy a faction change or race change.

3) Lower the amount of donation points ( Without Voe points) by 30% for the following sections: Faction change, Race change, customizing your charecter, rename and purchase a level 90 charecter.

4) Add option to buy proffesions with voting points AND lower the prices for all bought proffesions WITH recipes by 30%

I repeat this isnt a qq topic, the only thing I want is the best for Firestorm, and its players. 

Don't understand it wrong, it's just my opinion.

7 people like this

Can't agree more.

example: 150 points for a customization while you can get 6 points per day.That's 25 days for it.Let's not even bring it up with mounts.

So I do hope this thread gets seen and perhaps something done about the prices.

To be honest, vote point prices seem HIGHLY reasonable for their availability. On the other hand its difficult to get that high amount of donation points to afford any of those highly priced shop items. Just like Blizzy said, no QQ thread just feedback.

One of the main problems are the vote points. If you wish yo collect VP's for a specific reason, let's give an example with faction change which is currently worth 250 vote points you need ATLEAST  1month of daily  voting. 

I'd donated for the 90th level but the price is like x4 $ I'd rather pay 4 times 90 level than 1 for the same price to be honest this is the society's opinion.

1 person likes this

So basically I also was like shutting down others that kind of raged about new shop. Or at least I spoke out aginst them. But this thread is kinda constructive, so even I will share my thought, just real quick.

My first aim here is to get Firestorm more donations, and second is the playerbase-

Its very simple though:

Leave Votepoint prizes like they are- because well they are framed kinda for free. So i find the prizes reasonable.

But I would like either even cut down Donationpoint prizes by more then 50%, hell yea why not 75% or just them same idea the other way around, give people 50-75% more points for their donation. In my opinion its more than absolute logic, that they make more money this way. Why? Its obvious:

like as fiktional example, lets say an item you want now in this new shop costs like 20€ or 20$ donation.  You will likely think stuff like: is it really worth that price? What else could I get for that amount?`you could almost pay 2 month retail for that amount, or whatsover. You start to think about things like costefficiency, worthiness, relativity... And maybe say no.

While if the same item would cost only 5€ or 5$ you would be much more tempted to buy it. And maybe even think like: Wow thats so cheap, why not atleast donate 10 or even 20 to buy some other stuff while your at it. My brain works like that. I might actually end up investing the same amount of money, but because I feel like really getting something out of it... It feel like driving a hard bargain, on some virtual pixels in an online universe.

or like lets say a hardcore mountcollector will most likely think now with those prizes: If I really want them all, its kind of not affordable. So why even bother to buy one? if every single mount would be cheaper, he would more likely start collecting them, even if it still summs up to some amount.

Cheaper prizes mean more profit, because who in the right mind would be like: Im gonna buy all the stuff in that shop, whatsoever... it is more expensive now? oh that will just mean it takes me more time. Nono, in general people are more likely to set up an amount. Like I got that XX amount on birthday, leftover from lastmonth or anything, so i can spend like this XX amount on my game. At least when they feel like getting something that is worth in return. If on the other side, that person can almost buy a new game, or a new pc part or something somehow valuable in comparison... he might be more hesitant... and reconsider donating here...

So thats my 2 cents, I hope this is also not treated as QQ... i was just speaking in general tearms.

2 people like this

With cheaper prices it will be more donations,and it will be more players as well!!At the end more money for server!!My uncle did that with hes pub,he lower the prices and hes profit on for example 1 beer,he sold more drink,working more cus he got more guest's also,at the end he got crowded pub and pocket :D.

Edited by Azi
2 people like this

I was thinking too about a donation arround 100€ but then i saw the new prices and i was stunned.  A freaking Premade Character cost me 45€ here and i dont even get the best Gear for it then so far. When i look on ebay i could buy me for 100€ an Account with multiple realmfirsts, many mounts and atleast good gear on it.

So in my eyes the Donation here is complete useless because its just to overpriced.. And yes i know how much it cost to hold a project online like this. But if you just use a bit math you will see what could be better..

at the moment: 8500 Players online - from them are thinking maybe 15% to donate 50€ to get a premade character, so you get 63750€

Old shop: 8500 Players online - from them are thinking maybe 40% to donate 20€ to get a premade character so you get 68000€

and trust me, more people would spend 20€ on a Private Server then atleast 50€..

3 people like this

Is anyone still thinking about this or?

Unfortunately it was stated by the administrators that shop prizes and how the shop is put together is not discussable, so I doubt it'll even be considered a bit.

I won't put my opinion here because I don't play, and thus won't have a proper perspective of the prizes and the values to the prizes. However, I do like the fact you took the time to wrote a constructive thread, my respect and thanks for that. I'll see if I can get this to them, but I won't risk my position :P.

Kind regards,

Executive Game Master Velanor.

2 people like this

Yeah, i'm agree with you, 50 € for a tyrannical (example) char is too much. 

I was a donator 2-3 months ago, but with this new impossibile prices i don't wanna waste my money anymore. 

Imo;

- for a pre made character 400 donation points are enough;

- for professions 150/170 points is the correct price.

They don't think also that 70 % of players are 15-17 years old average, so they don't have a salary which permise them to spend (A LOT of) money here.

If they reduce prices, making them more accessible,  they could attract more players and make more money. 

Sorry 4 my bad english. 

1 person likes this