Cara

[Declined] Greymane Design Changes 2.0 [In-game]

20 posts in this topic

Title: Greymane Design Changes 2.0

Type: In-game

Description: 

- Add Order Resources as a second pay method to buy gear, mounts, illusions, enchants etc.

Suggestions:

Since the ratio between Order Resources and Marks of Honor is really diffrent, i'd suggest to
make Order Resources 500% of Marks of Honor cost.

E.G a mount costs 80 Marks of Honor, it would be 80 x 500% = 400 Order Resources.

This way it would allow people to depend less on RNG and it's also way less time consming. 
Marks of Honors rarely ever dropp and they are really RNG. It takes quite some time to collect points for a Mount e.g.

- Increase the Maximum Item Level

Suggestions:

With the ToS release, i think it's fair to give people a starter gear of 880 item level, as we on Greymane have no oppertunity to do PvE, therefore we stuck with 860 item level, which is pretty low in the current state of the server.

- Remove castbar from creating items

Pretty exhausting and annoying waiting 5seconds to create an item over and over, especially when making multiple characters. Just make it instant, as it used to be on every single Arena-Server.

-Allow free Faction & Race Change with a Cooldown

What i mean with that is, that any char which is being created, will receive either a race or a faction change each hour. It will always change. 1 Hour it is Faction Change, then 1 Hour it is Race Change.
This is how it currently is on the Beta BfA Arena-Server. It is really good. It allows people to play with their friends at any time. The Ratio between Alliance & Horde is pretty bad as well. Theres no players on alliance and people are not tending to pay for a faction change, they will instead just make a new character instead. Which is bad, because then you have to completly start over again.

- Lower the requirement cost for Illusions

Suggestions:

• 60 Mark of Honor or 300 Order Resources for normal ones
  • 75 Mark of Honor  or 375 Order Resources for Glorious Tyranny & Primal Victory.

-Make a Vendor that sells every Legendarie Items

Currently it is legit impossible to get legendaries. It's so so rarely, especially when you can't do PvE. Doing PvP only makes the chance super super low to get a legendaries.

Suggestion:

Legendaries cost: 150 Marks of Honor or  750 Order Resources. (prize is debatable)

Edited by Cara
1 person likes this

Also as for quests:

- Add 3 new daily quests

Quest 1: Win 3 Battlegrounds, Reward: 15 Marks of Honor & 75 Order Resources
Quest 2: Win 10 Rated Arenas: Reward: 25 Marks of Honor & 125 Order Resources
Quest 3: Win 5 Duells: Reward: 5 Marks of Honor % 25 Order Resources.

Edited by Cara

So basically you're saying that we should get a legendary every 3 days only by doing daily quests ? Interesting.

13 minutes ago, Mideas said:

So basically you're saying that we should get a legendary every 3 days only by doing daily quests ? Interesting.

This is why i said, (prize is debatable), Could also make it for Marks of Honor only  or for Order Resources only. 

However, legendaries are completly irrelvant in sense of usage, they only have the purpose to increase your maximum item level. I don't see any big deal, where players would extremly benifit by certain legendaries.

Not to mentiom, that Blizzard Entertainment, sold them for gold, on their tournament realm.

Edited by Cara

Doesn't matter, by selling them like that, you remove the random part of legendary items, what you could ask for is increase the droprate if you feel like it's too low for PvP

Blizzard's tournament realm has nothing to do with Greymane at all.

8 minutes ago, Mideas said:

Doesn't matter, by selling them like that, you remove the random part of legendary items, what you could ask for is increase the droprate if you feel like it's too low for PvP

Blizzard's tournament realm has nothing to do with Greymane at all.

No, because then it’s rng again, and the legendary system already doesn’t work as intended, like it isn’t blizzlike. People on Sylvanas can do PvP and PvE at the same time and accordingly increase their chance of getting a legendary item, meanwhile people from Greymane are limited, as the only source of increase the chance of a legendary is through bg or arenas, despite the fact, that arenas are insanely dead, and bgs are the only real source, but whatever.

yes, it does. The tournament realm of Blizzard Entertainment has the same purpose as Greymane. GivIng people all necessary stuff to queue arenas and not being disadvantage vs other players. However, on Firestorm it is a little bit different, as Greymane is cross realm with Sylvans, therefore you have to find a good balance between 2, where 1 Realm isn’t having a advantage towards the other, which sylvanas totally have, when it comes to AP, Legendaries, Gear etc.

It has to be RNG, that's how legendary items work

Nop, it's not the same at all for 2 reasons:
- There is no gear to obtain on Blizzard's tournament realm as you have access to vendor with the best gear when you create your character
- No one only play on tournament realm, whereas some players play only on Greymane

If Sylvanas is better why don't you play on it ? Oh yeah, on Sylvanas you have to play the game (leveling, farming, getting honor level etc), so you want to be equal but only in the way that gives you an advantage

Edited by Mideas

13 minutes ago, Mideas said:

It has to be RNG, that's how legendary items work

Nop, it's not the same at all for 2 reasons:
- There is no gear to obtain on Blizzard's tournament realm as you have access to vendor with the best gear when you create your character
- No one only play on tournament realm, whereas some players play only on Greymane

If Sylvanas is better why don't you play on it ? Oh yeah, on Sylvanas you have to play the game (leveling, farming etc), so you want to be equal but only in the way that gives you an advantage

Yes, but it doesn't work as intended. Maybe read, before smashing your keyboard.

Yes, there is? Theres gear vendors on the Tournament realm, same as for Greymane. Theres normal gear and legendarie vendor.
Yes, people do play on the tournament realm. Before it was accessible to everyone, but later on they only made it for people who compete in tournaments. But i doubt you played the game that long to know it.

Why would i play on Sylvanas instead? I don't like the leveling and farming part & since theres a realm. where all of that can be skipped, ill be playing there instead.

Your arguement is invalid. I could also say, if you complain about private servers, why don't you play on live instead?

If Firestorm offers two realms, they have to balance and treat the realm the same and not letting a realm having an advantage towards another. Otherwhise they can just delete the realm again and only keep sylvanas.

Edited by Cara

There is no gear to obtain on Blizzard's tournament realm, you have vendors selling everything you need therefore you get nothing from arenas or anything, everyone can have the same gear no matter what their rating is, which is not the case on Greymane, you start with 860 gear but you can get gear from arenas / bg.
I've been playing to this game for around 10 years but sure.

Yeah so you don't want to level up, you don't have to get to honor 50, you don't want to farm AP but you want to be equal to those players who do WQ etc.

I was complaining about private servers so right now I'm playing on retail

But you already have an advantage when playing on Greymane, you don't have to level up, you start prestige 1 with 860 gear, you can create as much characters as you want, do you think you can do it on Sylvanas ? Nop.
PvP was cancerous because when there was a bugged class (enh, fury, mw) people created them on Greymane, if there was only Sylvanas I'm sure that they wouldn't have been playing those bugged classes.

Edit: in the top 15 shown there are 8 people from Greymane, doesn't seem that unbalanced.

Edited by Mideas

Well i make a monk on this pvp realm but when i buy everything from swifty i still need to do world quest to get ap just to unlock any traits why when this is pvp tournament realm made just for pvp players dont start with best items like on retail pvp realm 

Because you can queue against Sylvanas players and it would be unfair for them ?

If the matchmaking works correctly, the players will be put against players that have a similar item level, so nobody would have an unfair advantage over others.

I'm not sure where you saw that matchmaking should be based on item level and not MMR, it never worked like that on retail.

The thing is, that Greymane might have an advantage by getting instantly 860 item level, BUT now it comes. People on Sylvanas can farm shards in 1 day to get 880+ gear + get a chance of titanforge. (SHARDS FARMING DOESN WORK ON GREYMANE). So Greymane has an advantage, but for a very very short of time. You can literally get 880+ gear in 1 day on Sylvanas, by farming shards. On top of that, you can do mythic+, raids, and anything else that is considered PvE. So if you are lucky, you can get 900 item level in 1 day, meanwhile on Greymane you hardstuck on 860 and have to spamm arenas and  rely on RNG + the insanly bugged reward system that never gives you the item, that you supposed to get according to your rating.

Not including the Artifact Advantage Sylvanas has, where they have multiple sources to get AP, meanwhile on Greymane the only way to get AP is Arenas/BGS and WQ. However, WQ is completly horrible on a PvP realm. You play on an instant 110 realm to play arenas and bgs and not to quest and farm stuff that should be given at first place. Otherwhise the realm doesn't really have a diffrence to Sylvanas, other than being instant 110, which can be achieved in 1 day regardless, or even donated.

The realm is terrible designed, compared to how WoD (Tournament) was. I hope my suggestions are being considered. And theres many more. Hit me up. I know how a good PvP has to look like, as i played my whole time on PvP instant Servers, since i started WoW.

Edited by Cara

meanwhile on Greymane you hardstuck on 860 and have to spamm arenas and  rely on RNG + the insanly bugged reward system that never gives you the item, that you supposed to get according to your rating.

I never did a single MM+ or raid on Sylvanas, only PvP and I was around 905 ilv (around 2 months ago) then I bought lootboxes, you can do fine without PvE content.

WQ is completly horrible on a PvP realm. You play on an instant 110 realm to play arenas and bgs and not to quest and farm stuff that should be given at first place

So you have instant 110 and you want to get everything without farming when Sylvanas players have to level up and farm for everything ?

Otherwhise the realm doesn't really have a diffrence to Sylvanas, other than being instant 110, which can be achieved in 1 day regardless, or even donated.

Problem solved then, ah nevermind, you want to get AP and gear without farming, sorry that's now how WoW works.

The realm is terrible designed, compared to how WoD (Tournament) was

Were you able to queue against people  from Gul'dan and Tournament at the same time with a cross server ? If no, then you can't compare WoD tournament and Greymane just like you can't compare Blizzard's tournament and Greymane.

Edited by Mideas

6 hours ago, Mideas said:

I never did a single MM+ or raid on Sylvanas, only PvP and I was around 905 ilv (around 2 months ago) then I bought lootboxes, you can do fine without PvE content.

No you weren't. And 2 months for 905 is pretty low, when on Sylvanas you should be able to get it within 1 day, if lucky.

So you have instant 110 and you want to get everything without farming when Sylvanas players have to level up and farm for everything ?

I don't care about Sylvanas. I want them to remove crossrealm between Greymane & Sylvanas. No one does PvP on Sylvanas anyway and i don't see any benifit, regarding activity in arenas from it.

Problem solved then, ah nevermind, you want to get AP and gear without farming, sorry that's now how WoW works.

I think you don't understand nor know what the purpose of a instant pvp server is. Might go and try it on other servers and see, if you have to farm for stuff in order to play arena on highest level and compete with others, without being in disadvantage. 

Were you able to queue against people  from Gul'dan and Tournament at the same time with a cross server ? If no, then you can't compare WoD tournament and Greymane just like you can't compare Blizzard's tournament and Greymane.

Another bullshit comment without doing enough research. Yes, Gul'dan was crossrealmed with Tournament realm in arenas and bgs. And yes i can compare. They are both the same game and private servers, such as Firestorm try to be like Blizzard, as they claim to be "blizzlike".

Edited by Cara

No you weren't. And 2 months for 905 is pretty low, when on Sylvanas you should be able to get it within 1 day, if lucky.

Yes before they released ToS lootboxes (around 2 months ago maybe ?) I was 905.

I don't care about Sylvanas. I want them to remove crossrealm between Greymane & Sylvanas. No one does PvP on Sylvanas anyway and i don't see any benifit, regarding activity in arenas from it.

Do you have stats or anything to back up your statement ? When you look at the PvP ranking it's not 10% Sylvanas 90% Greymane.

I think you don't understand nor know what the purpose of a instant pvp server is. Might go and try it on other servers and see, if you have to farm for stuff in order to play arena on highest level and compete with others, without being in advantage.

It's funny because on AT TBC you were starting with s2 or s3 (I don't remember) and you were facing s4 teams, same for smolderforge (another TBC instant PvP server) and Deathside, so yes, I already played on instant PvP server and guess what ? On none of them you were starting with the best possible gear. YOU might wanna try to play on instant PvP servers.

Another bullshit comment without doing enough research. Yes, Gul'dan was crossrealmed with Tournament realm in arenas and bgs. And yes i can compare. They are both the same game and private servers and p-servers, such as Firestorm try to be like Blizzard, as they claim to be "blizzlike".

How is this a bullshit comment ? I asked you a question because I wasn't playing on FS when WoD tournament was here. If you were able to face players from Gul'dan but you could buy full epic gear at the vendor on tournament, it was really bad imo.

such as Firestorm try to be like Blizzard, as they claim to be "blizzlike".

Sylvanas is a blizzlike server, Greymane is a fun server, what's your point ?

I counted and there are 40 players from Greymane in the top 100, but yeah, "no one does PvP on Sylvanas".

as far as pvp greymane against sylvanas the pvp system in legion even on firestorm isset to where everyones stats are balanced when they enter a pvp zone arena or battleground. the procs from legendaries and trinkets do not work in the pvp zones so getting 880 gear on greymane wouldn't make a difference because of the stat normalization in pvp zones

Greetings,

Closed, no intentions to do most of these things.

Regards,
Administrator Otacon.