Shelby

Legion: Re-balancing the Arena Rankings

22 posts in this topic

fs_sb.png

For several months, there have been several spells that gave advantages over the other ones and resulted in many players having high ranking by abusing it. After we had updated to 7.3.5, the classes were not well balanced but we worked day after day until today (Click here to view Changes). We would like to thank the Quality Assurance Team (PvP) and you for your bug report on these issues. We're going to re-balance the two rankings with the following the changes;

• The 2v2 & 3v3 ladder will be reset and have a cap of 1800.
  • A team with more than 400 rating over another will not win any points by beating them, however will receive the usual end-of-arena rewards.
  • We will distribute 100 Firestorm Points for players affected by resetting the rating to 1800 in 3v3 as compensation.
  • A decay system will arrive as of Monday, August 13th, 2018 and this will help with cleaning the ladder.
    • You will need to at least do a minimum of 5 matches per week to not be affected by the decay system. If you have the decay on your character, you must do 5 matches to have the penalty removed from your character.
      • 1 week without completing 5 arena matches: -25 rating.
      • 2 weeks without completing 5 arena matches: -50 rating.
      • 3 weeks without completing 5 arena matches: -75 rating.
      • 4 weeks without completing 5 arena matches: -100 rating.

The end of the arena season will be decided around the end of September, there is no specific date set in stone but we'll announce it before it happens. 

4 people like this

I LOVE IT. 

Please reset everyone’s rating to 0. It makes no sense otherwise. Let everybody start from bottom. 

This way everyone has the same chance. 1.800 is still a lot in 3v3, with the current population and activity in 3v3. People will have more than enough time to climb back. Letting certain teams have 1.800 rating, will result in them not queuing more, than they should. They will most likely just sit rating and queue at night vs similar teams to not get their rating reduced. 

I think most players would agree with me.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Cara said:

Please reset everyone’s rating to 0. It makes no sense otherwise. Let everybody start from bottom. 

This way everyone has the same chance. 1.800 is still a lot in 3v3, with the current population and activity in 3v3. People will have more than enough time to climb back. Letting certain teams have 1.800 rating, will result in them not queuing more, than they should. They will most likely just sit rating and queue at night vs similar teams to not get their rating reduced. 

I think most players would agree with me.

yeah ur right

50 minutes ago, Inveric said:

The three versus three ladder will be reset and have a cap of 1800.

''and have cap'' I just hope this is poorly worded, i dont see why would u have cap of 1800 rate, only reward u have now in arena is geting high rating and pushing r1, seting cap for it will remove that reward and everyone would be able to get it. Also agree with cara, just reset everyone to 0. Too many problems will happen if u reset to 1800, mmr, players geting upset and so on. But reseting to 0 is more fair for everyone.

16 minutes ago, wiggly said:

''and have cap'' I just hope this is poorly worded, i dont see why would u have cap of 1800 rate, only reward u have now in arena is geting high rating and pushing r1, seting cap for it will remove that reward and everyone would be able to get it. Also agree with cara, just reset everyone to 0. Too many problems will happen if u reset to 1800, mmr, players geting upset and so on. But reseting to 0 is more fair for everyone.

but keeping it at 1800 will mean more 3v3 and less time in que since barely anybody plays 3v3

remember there is a decay so u have to keep playing to stay at 1800 rating

Why u want to set everyone on 0 ? Not everyone have the same sklil and that´s not the problem of higher rated ppl, I think you could be happy u have some more chance to get before em coz only 1.8, and not crying bout it

BETTER:

Reset rating to 0 but don t reset MMR or

Reset to 0 everybody's rating but let EVERYBODY start from 1.8k+ mmr or

Reset MMR+Rating to 0 but make it more blizzlike(example: lets say we start from 1500mmr.. The winner better claim +50mmr if the opposing team mmr is very similar(+- 20mmr difference) so this way it ll be easier to claim ratings.

Choose one of those, Thanks.

You guys don't seem to realize that MMR is not working as it is on retail...

15 minutes ago, Mideas said:

You guys don't seem to realize that MMR is not working as it is on retail...

Are you retarded?? I said to make the MMR system blizzlike, to work on it... I know how MMR works on firestorm, very shit...

Only one of your 3 options talks about some kind of fix for the MMR in a broken english

I didn't even intend to write an "intellectual" essay. I just shared my thoughts real quick. If they would choose that one MMR option, obviously they have to work on it, right??!

Is your brain damaged or you're just typing for your sake?? And this is my last reply for you. You have the last words.

okay so basically, im gonna have to do 5 games everyweek in both 2s and 3s on every single characters, on both greymane and sylvannas, if i dont want to decay twenty fucking five cr, is that it ? wtf man

and lets say, i play 1 game on an alt that i never play on, i have 96 cr right? i dont play this char for 4 weeks i come back to have -4 cr ? sounds great

i hope the decay only hits 2k+, otherwise its complete bullshit for ppl that have alts, wich is something like 99% of the playerbase

1 person likes this

Pservs OMEGA

1 person likes this

dvdfž

xD

frfer

sddwqwa

U guys write only options, which u like, coz u can´t get over 1.8 or idk... just this with this.

I mean, I like the fact that outlaw STUN DR was fixed as soon as possible, because outlaw was dominating the ladder and was very hard to be against. Warlocks, on the other hand, who are ontop of the ladder, are not looked into. A destruction warlock can pretty much oneshot you, and as it happens to be the only possible way to avoid that is if you LOS him, but guess fucking what, his portals hit through walls, so u can lose for sure, who wouldnt enjoy 1.6m hits

I feel sorry for those who grinded to 2.8k in 2s waiting 10mins for 2 rating 

when for lose u get -25 and for win nothing u call it balance? rofl

1 person likes this

Aliances toxic <3