Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ekono

The Official Hunters Rant

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone,

I would like to have Firestorm Developers take a look at state of which hunters are in right now. Marksmanship hunters in particular.

There have been plenty of reports about hunters (mostly MM, some BM) not working correctly. The bugs that occur are very crucial and cripple hunter's DPS by a huge ammount.

As a non-hunter player even I would think that's an issue. There has been barely any reported fixes in changelog if it comes to hunters.

Let me point out few of the bugs and explain how crucial they are for hunter's DPS:

===================================================== MAJOR BUGS =====================================================

1. Hunter's Mark bug. So there's two parts to it:

• When you get your Hunter's Mark buff and then you cast either Arcane Shot or Multi-Shot your buff disappears and Hunter's Mark is not applied.

GvzzBHm.png 

This is very crucial for hunter's DPS as if you don't apply Hunter's Mark you can't use Marked Shot which puts Vulnerable debuff onto the target. Aimed shot is hunter's main source of damage.

t3rumez.png

• Hunter's Mark buff proc rate is way too low. Not gonna bother to point out everything here as It has been reported by Learntofly on bugtracker with provided math and logs.

In general: the proc should be scaling with your haste and there's pretty much guaranteed ammount of procs per minute (based on looking at tons of logs from retail) and on our realm it procs like two times less often.

2. Auto shot bug.

Auto shot often stops working during boss fights. It just stops or stutters - works every now and then. Keep in mind that the auto shots have the chance to proc Hunter's Mark buff. 

Maybe that's one of the reasons why Hunter's Mark is bugged in the first place! Also, because of it you lose DPS slightly as well because even though auto shot doesn't do that much damage it should be doing consistent damage.

===================================================== MINOR BUGS =====================================================

1. Cyclonic burst bug.

While Live Legion Changelog says it has been fixed it actually is not. It barely worked before, it works a little bit now but I'm sure a lot of hunters noticed "evade" during boss fights - yeah that's fixed Cyclonic burst not hitting the boss. Sometimes it deals damage and sometimes bosses just evade it.

2. Disengage bug.

You often disengage in wrong direction. Period.

=======================================================================================================================

TLDR: Hunters are bugged to the point where people often won't invite you to the group if they find out you're hunter (doesn't matter the gear, talking about 920+ hunter here). Their crucial damage source is bugged.

To Firestorm Developers:

Please, hear the hunters. I know you're doing your best to fix the bugs and there's tons of them but looking at changelog constantly and finding out you've fixed shaman's Ghost Wolf appearance bug while having such critical bugs regarding class actual gameplay and playstyle is just killing the hope of all hunters.

To fellow Hunters:

Stay strong, unite and let me hear your voice here. The more of us rant, perhaps the bigger chance of the staff hearing us.

If you have something to add - feel free. I'm sure I've missed a lot. Perhaps someone else can provide more in-depth information.

Links to the bugtracker reports:

Learntofly's report on disengage.

Learntofly's report on Hunter's Mark proc rate.

Rattoyy's report on auto shot.

Ekono's report on Hunter's Mark applying bug.

Edited by Ekono