• Announcements

Fannste94

Firestorm Hate

26 posts in this topic

Why do people hate the Firestorm private server?

Spoiler

d.jpg.c22fc1404eacd717c7caf780f0594aaa.jpg

1 hour ago, Alan said:
  Hide contents

5b95d7e510b66_HesRightYouKnow.png.bc012f40811d4c49af9391dabbcc0f15.png

1 person likes this

They say that the server is bugged

I see a lot of people complaining. I mean wtf do you expect? You didn't pay for the real WoW, this is what you get, be satisfied with it. At least you get to play some of the WoW's content

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Destor46 said:

I see a lot of people complaining. I mean wtf do you expect? You didn't pay for the real WoW, this is what you get, be satisfied with it. At least you get to play some of the WoW's content

5b96d08dba45c_ThankYou.gif.9e75c4e962bcca8010ebe8b61a8857d0.gif

Okay, every private server has bugs.

We have more people that complain about these bugs which also seem to make them a bigger issue because we have one of the largest legion server player bases in the pserver community, the thing is there not. We have xp rates higher to account for bugged prelegion content, if you want pre-legion content we have fantastic wod/mop/icc/cata realms, go try them.

You may or may not find a better server out there, but I guarantee you that you wont find a private server that is a head on contender for retail, there will always be flaws. Just ask your self, if you are playing legion, would you rather legion content to be progressed or the developers to halt work on the legion part of the expansion and go back to vanilla-wod to make sure that you can go 1 hit a boss and get a transmog?

Edited by Alan

its just a trash server, compared to some of the other private servers that have all their content working correctly. on firestorm, everywhere i look there is things that dont work correctly, tons of things that are bugged, and with a server with so much population you would think they would be competent enough to be able to fix them and have their server running better without so many problems in every zone, but it remains the same.

for instance, playing today in the first hour maybe i have encountered these things:

npc marked wrong on map, quests not showing up at all
mobs laying all over the ground with weird descriptions on their tooltip,, who drag themselves after you to attack you
zones that have npcs fighting each other, that are just standing there doing nothing
mobs not being marked off when you kill them for quests
quest mobs spawning then dying instantly 
quest giver npcs randomly disappearing
random friendly mobs in places where they absolutely shouldnt be (cloud serpents in legion zones? )
multiple versions of friendly npcs standing around each other
my gf being flagged for pvp even though it was disabled, not being able to turn it off until relog
her falling through the ground and dying when trying to get off my 2 seater mount, kept happening, ended up just not using it

any day of playing and you should have a big list populated with bugs no matter what zone or expansion you are in, even legion places

Edited by deaths

Old content working at 50% SoO not opened and wod largest last raid is not opened tellme why i chck here all forum writed gm this old content working i loged in and chck it but not working why tell me why lied this ? 

I like yoir working in the legion content but need ppl on old ckntent fix ? I know legion content is a first prioryte !

But i think i not hate this server but trulytruly outrages a little bugs xD

Good work Fstorm staffs keep it up :D

+1 respect

Guys, it's normal find bug for examble in freakz some quest are bugged that in firestorm not, ugually in firestorm some quest are bugged that in freakz not, but in freakz there is less services than firestorm. In my opinion this server is better than other but there is other people that thinks not.

U can buy items on the shop and lootboxes,someone want money desperately

On 9/10/2018 at 3:09 AM, Alan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

lmao because its bugstorm , from afew days i got ( phase issue ) which firestorm def said you have it and there is no cure for it unless server become offline 4 days of fixing and this character no longer able to do main quests and thus no artifact appearance gain which is which absolutely joke and even game support is more joke with not replying at all and GM is useless shit who you ask him about any problem he tell you to go to forum to bitch about it , even i have this special case tell you wait i will ask senior GM and you never able to contact this GM again even i ask furbog GM for name discord he refuse then i knew he just hypocrite and won't care about my issue and so much more

Edited by omarx

firestorm gets hate because its compared to what it was : Pandashan

pandashan had everything firestorm doesnt have

devs working on content on available xpacs (not just the 1 xpac they are pushing *cough* LEGION *cough*) + ashran

players engaged and were social and helpful (giveaways tournys guides and shit)

guilds were a major thing (angry inc ootp dr)

gms actually gave more of a fuck about HELPING the players rather than obsessing over the power they have *waves at MoP staff and inveric while remembering the ban for impersonating myself while telling the truth about inveric and others*

in short, pushing xpacs rather than fixing older (and better) content, general player toxicity, and most of all, above everything else, the general treatment (or rather mistreatment) of players by staff.

2 people like this

Love it. As if to prove my fucking point. I log in. I say what's up world chat. I start talking to an old friend. Less than 5 minutes after logging in on blatancy "your chat has been disabled. Reason: ".  

I didn't say anything in world chat that violated the server rules or world chat rules.   

No time limit. No gm name. No reason.   

And people ask why this server gets hate .....  

Oh and reporting staff doesn't do any good because when you do that inveric ignores your msg pretends he never got it them deletes topics when you post screens of the messages.  

1 person likes this

On 9/11/2018 at 0:01 AM, deaths said:

for instance, playing today in the first hour maybe i have encountered these things:

npc marked wrong on map, quests not showing up at all
mobs laying all over the ground with weird descriptions on their tooltip,, who drag themselves after you to attack you
zones that have npcs fighting each other, that are just standing there doing nothing
mobs not being marked off when you kill them for quests
quest mobs spawning then dying instantly 
quest giver npcs randomly disappearing
random friendly mobs in places where they absolutely shouldnt be (cloud serpents in legion zones? )
multiple versions of friendly npcs standing around each other
my gf being flagged for pvp even though it was disabled, not being able to turn it off until relog
her falling through the ground and dying when trying to get off my 2 seater mount, kept happening, ended up just not using it

any day of playing and you should have a big list populated with bugs no matter what zone or expansion you are in, even legion places

Just a quick FYI. I play retail WoW, about 5-6 of the things you said happen in Live WoW, pretty frequently sometimes. Nothing is perfect, even with people working on it consistently. Rofl. I know nothing about this server, I do know that for those of you who don't play reatil WoW due to money. This is about as good as it gets. Unless you find another server you can bitch less about, stop taking things for granted. Either deal with it, or just leave. It's pretty clear cut. 

If they're going to work on things, then they will. If not, bitching isn't going to make them want to. Just wanted to throw my opinion into this messy thread.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Cinae said:

Just a quick FYI. I play retail WoW, about 5-6 of the things you said happen in Live WoW, pretty frequently sometimes. Nothing is perfect, even with people working on it consistently. Rofl. I know nothing about this server, I do know that for those of you who don't play reatil WoW due to money. This is about as good as it gets. Unless you find another server you can bitch less about, stop taking things for granted. Either deal with it, or just leave. It's pretty clear cut. 

If they're going to work on things, then they will. If not, bitching isn't going to make them want to. Just wanted to throw my opinion into this messy thread.

I actually agree with you.  This server content wise is as good as it is gonna get on private servers.  I have been here over 6 years (pandashan)   content wise this is the best.   

However.....there is too much content.  Mop works for the most part. Classes are fucked sideways. Raids are buggy as fucking hell bgs and areans are a fucking joke.  Quests are broken as fuck.  Wod same just way way way worse.  Legion gets all the attention but wod isn't even 75%. Mop is probably at 80%. And this server STARTED MOP

The staff used to be amazing. Now....LOL    

I would rather have meth using 10 year olds answering tickets than the staff we have.  The devs are on legions fuck the other xpacs.  

The staff changes in the last 2 years is what has really ruined this server.  

Ok the hate for the server comes not for the bugs that are within it but for the content,lies and p2w method firestorm is using.I've been playing on retail until the BFA pre-patch,legion was my favorite expansion and i got bored of retail.I've been on and off from retail for a long time every time i would take a break i would come here on firestorm and what i a hater don't like is that they have their lootboxes for 940+ and also lying with the mythic+ adjustment which is the same shit as when they released ToS and other players can confirm that.

And with their mythic+ loot thats currently going on there's no chance for a non donator player to reach 940 not without buying their stupid loot boxes.

WoW has always been about play 2 win never about pay 2 win,but firestorm had to ruin it ofc.Cosmetics,mounts i have nothing against these only against the gear boxes.

I have friends playing for years and they can't get past the 920ilvl because trash developer team and staff won't include the right mythic+ loot for this patch and put their loot boxes on the first place instead of their playerbase.

Edited by ShuRik3n
1 person likes this

Not to mention their ignorance towards us,they'll reply to people encouraging them but when some1 is spilling out the truth their just crawling in a corner hiding from the forums and discord.

GMs.
I know its not a paid position and its not possible for one person to be familiar with all game content, but "post it in bug tracker" can't be the answer to every question.
Banning people for Nitro Boots fails based on screenshot only (its easy to check what professions a player has, even for us) and all in all being unable to give solutions to existing in-game problems which are not even class based. 

1 hour ago, Echidna said:

GMs.
I know its not a paid position and its not possible for one person to be familiar with all game content, but "post it in bug tracker" can't be the answer to every question.
Banning people for Nitro Boots fails based on screenshot only (its easy to check what professions a player has, even for us) and all in all being unable to give solutions to existing in-game problems which are not even class based. 

Gms have rules to follow, they don't just get handed the rank to go at it.. Don't be so hard on them :P 

As for the nitro boosting, if you open an appeal and explain they'll look into it for you. 

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Gms have rules to follow, they don't just get handed the rank to go at it.. Don't be so hard on them :P 

As for the nitro boosting, if you open an appeal and explain they'll look into it for you. 

As a retired pandashan game master I can say that while rank does limit what a game master can do bit there are things that can be done for a lot of shit.   Putting an NPC back where it belongs for example.  I used to spend most of my time on timeless pulling that fat fucking panda back to where he belonged so people could quest.  He always bugged out and dipped into a cave halfway across the island lol

Class bugs there isn't much that can be done but even if there was more the GM's could do in game they are barely online. And when they are online they are muting kicking people because they don't like what is  being said (regardless of the rules) telling people to post on the bug tracker

Mop GM's are more toxic than the players.  

1 hour ago, Madtrucker said:

As a retired pandashan game master I can say that while rank does limit what a game master can do bit there are things that can be done for a lot of shit.   Putting an NPC back where it belongs for example.  I used to spend most of my time on timeless pulling that fat fucking panda back to where he belonged so people could quest.  He always bugged out and dipped into a cave halfway across the island lol

Class bugs there isn't much that can be done but even if there was more the GM's could do in game they are barely online. And when they are online they are muting kicking people because they don't like what is  being said (regardless of the rules) telling people to post on the bug tracker

Mop GM's are more toxic than the players.  

As far as I know they are no longer allowed to re-spawn npcs and have to get it reported for the developers to do so. It sucks and it's a slower process but that's the way things seem to be at the moment, I can't answer for their personal attitude towards players but they should remain respectful at all times... And if you feel they are acting out of line we take staff reports seriously. 

Edited by Alan

53 minutes ago, Alan said:

As far as I know they are no longer allowed to re-spawn npcs and have to get it reported for the developers to do so. It sucks and it's a slower process but that's the way things seem to be at the moment, I can't answer for their personal attitude towards players but they should remain respectful at all times... And if you feel they are acting out of line we take staff reports seriously. 

I have reported staff multiple time. Inveric doesn't read my reports or respond. I have posted screen of the reports and they just get deleted.  

When they talk they are repectfull. They just mute and kick and don't reply to tickets most of the time

I never respawned the NPC. I would find his ass and use move commands to drag him to me.  When I was a trial I couldn't but past trial GM's used to be able to

I have a screen or 2 on my old imgur I'll try to find them of the commands

Edited by Madtrucker

I'm curious as to why nitro boosting even warrants opening an appeal.

Unless i didn't get the memo?

I personally haven't had a lot of trouble with the staff beyond having been muted (50ish minutes) for no apparent reason a year or so ago to which i never got a satisfactory answer beyond mere speculation (Don't suppose a more direct answer is possible in regards to that one event?).

I know it was a year or so ago and hardly a long mute but even then it still bugs me a little bit given the internet issue i was having at that point in time which kept me from playing.

Edited by Shalaya