bfa Detailed information about character copies to BFA

45 posts in this topic

What about stuff on the AH. 

With regards Items being Copied and the "Gold Cap on the bfa Copy being set at 10k"?

There is obviously time effort and financial impact to what is already on the AH including the legacy of game play and experience tied into those items and expected return after personal investment.

As well as items you have got bids on; and the Scheduled photograph snapshot of an account and all it's items at the specified Copy time + Wallet cull that must be enforced for the reasons you stated. 

If I have a bid on an item I've paid for it already to do so/or I have an item selling and someone has bid on it I am expecting that cash or more in fact if it has bid/buyer intrerest and the price range has speculative value.

As a Buyer:

I'd like to know does that however means that "Stock" is on the AH but will not be "Sold" till after the copy.  Is also culled during the gold trim process to restrict to 10k G, thus the expense I might have already invested into bidding on the item is voided out?

As a seller:

I've got perhaps 100 or so Auctions on the go at a time upwards depending how much time I've had to play the AH.

(I've not been on the server long so obviously for a progression of character for me I've just bust my arse to grind *yes even @ X3 XP* to get to the level I am and close to 110.  But also worked hard to make money and progress fast and get mounts and skills levelled up.  

If I'm about to be wiped out to 10k G in my wallet and what was on the AH is going to be wiped stock wise and pending sales; that is going to be pretty rough to take and a concern.  :(

I Value what is offered here by the team behind all this and the admins etc.  You've built a home of realms for a wide variety of players across the globe.

The hard work to give the players what they want shows and for me a huge thanks for an experience only a few weeks old, one that has been great fun and also from my eyes botting/cheating free; which was what killed retail for me.

I have however worked hard for my gold and the items on sale or I've invested on the AH to buy for my own use after the bfa switch.

So I am just asking and explaining cos I am nervous my finances and efforts to getting game ready and set up to invest into the new expansion on such short notice are about to get removed when I was just starting to be able to breath financially and was starting to be able to support myself and my progress into the game and catch up with those who have been here for so much longer than me.

Much respect and Peace to all.

May the Yin and Yangs of your life each shine or wane in their immortal moments of gratitude; and offer harmony in plenty.

Namaste. 

TLDR:

My stuff I am selling on the AH has bids on it; do those bids & Items carry onto BfA server after Switch over?

If I am Buying I've spent the cash for the bid on the item and I want the item, so do I get it or get my cash back on BfA.

All with the 10k limitation set and mention of preventing cash exploits and reducing server inflation or such from previous experience with running servers as well as you do.

So just wondering if genuine levelling AH use in motion or play And selling your items from levelling or questing for only 5 days is about to get wiped out as I approach actually having 10 Grand Gold to my name after spending masses of cash into my crafts and mounts to get about and service.

Do I pull my AH levelling stock off the AH so I get to keep the items & can sell on new BfA server?

Or do I leave the items with bids on, to run their 3 day Bid course and I get my item cash for the sale on BfA server when sales end and bid wars are over?

Or pull all my stock on the AH and vendor it to just have 10k Gold to start BfA with?

/looks worried

thanks firestorm

5 hours ago, Rangedancer said:

What about stuff on the AH. 

With regards Items being Copied and the "Gold Cap on the bfa Copy being set at 10k"?

There is obviously time effort and financial impact to what is already on the AH including the legacy of game play and experience tied into those items and expected return after personal investment.

As well as items you have got bids on; and the Scheduled photograph snapshot of an account and all it's items at the specified Copy time + Wallet cull that must be enforced for the reasons you stated. 

If I have a bid on an item I've paid for it already to do so/or I have an item selling and someone has bid on it I am expecting that cash or more in fact if it has bid/buyer intrerest and the price range has speculative value.

As a Buyer:

I'd like to know does that however means that "Stock" is on the AH but will not be "Sold" till after the copy.  Is also culled during the gold trim process to restrict to 10k G, thus the expense I might have already invested into bidding on the item is voided out?

As a seller:

I've got perhaps 100 or so Auctions on the go at a time upwards depending how much time I've had to play the AH.

(I've not been on the server long so obviously for a progression of character for me I've just bust my arse to grind *yes even @ X3 XP* to get to the level I am and close to 110.  But also worked hard to make money and progress fast and get mounts and skills levelled up.  

If I'm about to be wiped out to 10k G in my wallet and what was on the AH is going to be wiped stock wise and pending sales; that is going to be pretty rough to take and a concern.  :(

I Value what is offered here by the team behind all this and the admins etc.  You've built a home of realms for a wide variety of players across the globe.

The hard work to give the players what they want shows and for me a huge thanks for an experience only a few weeks old, one that has been great fun and also from my eyes botting/cheating free; which was what killed retail for me.

I have however worked hard for my gold and the items on sale or I've invested on the AH to buy for my own use after the bfa switch.

So I am just asking and explaining cos I am nervous my finances and efforts to getting game ready and set up to invest into the new expansion on such short notice are about to get removed when I was just starting to be able to breath financially and was starting to be able to support myself and my progress into the game and catch up with those who have been here for so much longer than me.

Much respect and Peace to all.

May the Yin and Yangs of your life each shine or wane in their immortal moments of gratitude; and offer harmony in plenty.

Namaste. 

TLDR:

My stuff I am selling on the AH has bids on it; do those bids & Items carry onto BfA server after Switch over?

If I am Buying I've spent the cash for the bid on the item and I want the item, so do I get it or get my cash back on BfA.

All with the 10k limitation set and mention of preventing cash exploits and reducing server inflation or such from previous experience with running servers as well as you do.

So just wondering if genuine levelling AH use in motion or play And selling your items from levelling or questing for only 5 days is about to get wiped out as I approach actually having 10 Grand Gold to my name after spending masses of cash into my crafts and mounts to get about and service.

Do I pull my AH levelling stock off the AH so I get to keep the items & can sell on new BfA server?

Or do I leave the items with bids on, to run their 3 day Bid course and I get my item cash for the sale on BfA server when sales end and bid wars are over?

Or pull all my stock on the AH and vendor it to just have 10k Gold to start BfA with?

/looks worried

TLDR: AH is wiped on every major expansion update, even sometimes on major content patch push.

u will have full lvl 110 monkeys with profs, learn to remake the gold, its not a economy simulation game.

End game is what everyone makes of it.

Thanks for the quick and concise answer.  Cheers.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, 3rturk1 said:

Excuse me but are you dumb? Yeah probably you are. You can simply donate in sylvanas too , buy 20x lootbox and get level 110 with boris or buy every single profession easily on Sylvanas too , and it's even easier to get professions up in sylvanas because Everything works in there , just log in to greymane and try to get 1 profession to 800 you will fail so hard i'm %100 sure about that. Playing on pvp realm doesnt mean we have to be thrown away like a piece of shit. So Don't compare with Sylvanas + Greymane , we have pvp templates all over the place and our legendaries dont even work. I don't want mounts or anything else i just want my character to be on BFA. They can delete my all mounts if they want to. So tell me the difference between Sylvanas and Greymane except mount vendors and 900 gear vendors? Next time when you gonna reply to me , please use your brain a little bit before saying something. PS: i bought my all transmogs so i deserve every single one of them. (which you can do that on sylvanas too) 

The admins decided only 1 out of all the realms, would be transfered, same situation greymane is in, everyone else is in, people on MoP who wanna try BFA guess what, they dont have any transfers aswell, wod, same thing. It's really simple, u want a transfer, make a 110 on sylvanas. U don't like it, that's just unlucky, there has been atleast 8 boris event and promotions which if u attended would have all the chars u wanted. and for your transmog and other donations, u dont lose them, u will have them on the char u donated on

When logging in it gives me the message "No realms are currently available" and I wonder if only I have this issue.

43 minutes ago, MohamedXIII said:

When logging in it gives me the message "No realms are currently available" and I wonder if only I have this issue.

YOu mean the bfa server? 'Thear' posted 30 mins ago into the discord channel:' @ everyone BFA opens its doors in 2H!!! :FeelsPogChamp: ' xP

In the future will it be able character copy from Garrosh to Sethraliss directly,or character copy from Garrosh to Sylvanas and then to Sethraliss?

What about professions? All of us who spend time and resources leveling them will have to do it all over again? All my characters got their professions back to 1. Will you fix that?

36 minutes ago, madragnar said:

What about professions? All of us who spend time and resources leveling them will have to do it all over again? All my characters got their professions back to 1. Will you fix that?

That sucks.  :(

Well, taken many hours of randomly running around trying to get around a quest bug, but ffinally made it to BRoken Isles, so I can at least get into some LEgion content and wait to see what bugs lie ahead with people raging into BfA content.

World first 120 @ 34 mins I believe?  Grats.  xD

On 3/16/2019 at 6:28 PM, Rangedancer said:

World first 120 @ 34 mins I believe?  Grats.  xD

His mom would be so proud. Bet hes having a screenshot framed for hanging in the basement.

On 12.03.2019 at 5:27 PM, LegnaX said:

Future transfers
We will allow players to copy again in the future at their own will! Characters already copied won't be able to be copied again.

I've got one question - is it possible for me to copy a character which does exist on sylvanas AFTER the start of server? I made a bunch of chars, so i have every class to play if i want, so most of them is at moment low-lvl.

Lets talk hypothetically on an example - i have 68th lvl paladin, but i played another characters in meantime. I know that later progress doesnt apply, but will it be later avaible for copy, for example, when staff applies later patch for BFA server. 
Or another example - at moment of server copy, i had monk 90th lvl. Now i maxed it on legion. If i would delete the character copy on BFA server is it allowed to copy the 110th from sylvanas? Character in question is seen on screenshot, but its only an example on which I wanted to base the question.

Best regards

sylvanas.png

sethrallis.png

1 person likes this

On 12/03/2019 at 5:27 PM, LegnaX said:

Future transfers
We will allow players to copy again in the future at their own will! Characters already copied won't be able to be copied again.

When the future transfers will be avaible ?

Spoiler

Character Name: Тыкофка

Issue: Sylvanas

Describe your problem:

Hello!

I have such a problem ! I had a character on the server Guldan - hunter under the nickname Nebes. I copied it to the server Sylvanas for 350 points. Please tell me why this character is there on the server

Battle for Azeroth??? What you need to do to this character was on the server Battle for Azeroth???

Thanks In Advance

how long dose it take to my MIGRATION done? its pass more then 4 day now

On 3/12/2019 at 0:27 PM, LegnaX said:

Image BFA header.jpg

Following our last post about what's awaiting you in our new expansion Battle for Azeroth, many seem to still have questions about some of the features and systems.
Most of the questions are related to the copy of your characters from Sylvanas to Sethraliss, and we are here to answer all of them! Let's get started.

First and foremost, your characters will be copied. All of them, for free!
This means that all the content you have on Legion will still be there. We are not forcing you to switch to Battle for Azeroth.
With that being said, the progress you do on Sylvanas after the Copy moment (Copy will be done on the 15th at midnight CET) won't be updated on Sethraliss!

Now for common questions that we have seen on the forums:

Gold
Gold limitation is indeed 10k gold per character. We have some limitations applied to prevent exploits. Our goal is to avoid Sylvanas’s huge inflation to also switch to Sethraliss.

Items, bag and bank content
Characters will keep their items, bags and bank content that they had on Sylvanas.

Account bound data
All the account bound data such as mounts, pets, titles, transmogs and artifact skins you have gathered in Sylvanas will be also copied over to Sethraliss.

Guild Banks
Guild bank gold and their content will be wiped.

Migrations
Migrations won't be available at the start but we expect to implement them soon! At least from other Legion servers. We won't do it at the start from other BFA private servers for balancing reasons.

Future transfers

Greymane?
We are not going to copy the characters from Greymane since Greymane is a fun PvP realm with instant level ups and other fun type realm features!
Sethraliss falls under the rule of a progressive realm type with x3 rates (same as Sylvanas). Therefore, it's only fair we do not copy Greymane's database over to it.

Why only copy from Sylvanas?
Our players have the freedom to copy from any realm to Sylvanas. It felt right to only copy Sylvanas since its a direct progressive line.

Legion → Battle for Azeroth.

We hope this post makes things clear to everyone. If you have further questions leave them on the thread and we will add them to the main post.

Thank you all and good luck on your adventures on Sethraliss!

The Firestorm Staff

Hey it won't let me transfer any chars to BFA, only legion and WoD...

Edited by faketripod55

Any infos on when transfers to BFA will be available ?

On 17/09/2021 at 10:49 AM, hllonow said:

why i cant copy my character from bfa to mop? 

Sadly, you can't copy characters backward (from new to oldest expansion).

Kind regards, Head Moderator, Hanzo.