kaidenjames

Game won't launch

19 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. trying to play Legion and I can't get the game to launch. I'm using the launcher and the torrent full game download. When I launch from the launcher I get a window asking me to choose my language. I choose English and hit okay. After that the launcher says it has to download some files but then nothing happens. My wow.exe will show up in the task manager but never loads. I left "running" for 2 hours yesterday and nothing happened.

I've tried deleting everything official (battle.net, blizzard and official wow) and I've also tried downloading the game through the launcher. Neither seem to help. This is weird cause I've played this server before on this same PC. Any help would be great. Thanks everyone.

2 people like this

22 hours ago, kaidenjames said:

Hey everyone. trying to play Legion and I can't get the game to launch. I'm using the launcher and the torrent full game download. When I launch from the launcher I get a window asking me to choose my language. I choose English and hit okay. After that the launcher says it has to download some files but then nothing happens. My wow.exe will show up in the task manager but never loads. I left "running" for 2 hours yesterday and nothing happened.

I've tried deleting everything official (battle.net, blizzard and official wow) and I've also tried downloading the game through the launcher. Neither seem to help. This is weird cause I've played this server before on this same PC. Any help would be great. Thanks everyone.

Download the following files:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/456860411682095124/457547475969114132/config.rar
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/376808947992100867/463974179642015744/FS735.wtf

Extract the config.rar to Data folder
and copy FS735.wtf to WTF folder
after that remove the read only
from the world of warcraft folder
and execute either Firestorm-64.exe as admin or Firestorm Launcher as admin

Try this fix, i found on the forum, dont remember who posted, but worked for me!

7 people like this

Oh my god I have been looking for this solution all over thank you so much

1 person likes this

This doesnt work for me help please

3 people like this

When I followed the instructions it stopped asking what language I wanted but now it doesnt launch at all, just runs in the background.

1 person likes this

Dont worry, the first time is nm, It can take around 20 minutes, only wait

1 person likes this

ok so it launched but it launched into the blizzard server. Is there a realmlist thing I need to add?

1 person likes this

On 2019. 03. 18. at 6:15 PM, kaoa200 said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/456860411682095124/457547475969114132/config.rar
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/376808947992100867/463974179642015744/FS735.wtf

Try this fix, i found on the forum, dont remember who posted, but worked for me!

Thank you very much! 

My WoW launched so far, but I never could log in because of BLZ-XXXX errors. Now It's working :)

On 3/18/2019 at 0:15 PM, kaoa200 said:

For those who play in this server, Firestorm. You need to know that sometimes, the game takes the time to launch the WoW.exe. I had the problem that I downloaded the game from Torrent, and made the launcher recognize it, and it did, the problem was when I hit Play and choose the Language/Region, it doesn't open the WoW.exe but rather it gets open in the background (You can see it from the Task Manager), if you have this same problem, know that the solution, sometimes is that you have to wait around 20-30 minutes the first time, so the WoW.exe opened, and maybe 2-5 minutes the next. I don't know why this happened, but I have only experienced that in Firestorm servers.

P.S. When I had the issue I did these steps I quote above, but the same, didn't open, until I let the game in the background and went for a walk, when I came back, the game was perfectly opened and I could play the game.  Hope this is a good solution for you, if you have the same problem I had, just wait until the game finally open.

3 people like this

i have the same problem now on shadowlands please for help how to fix i will be very grateful

On 1/4/2022 at 2:27 AM, Furryg said:

i have the same problem now on shadowlands please for help how to fix i will be very grateful

Did you resolved the problem?

I have the same problem with shadowland. I launch it , i see it in task manager but i can wait a whole year its wont gona launch it.

I was able to launch shadowlands yesterday and create a character now the game wont launch and can only be seen as running in the task manager

Hi Mojacko

There was a small update to our client recently, please just wait for the download to finish and your game will open afterwards.

If you get any error after that feel free to make a support ticket on our new support system  https://support.firestorm-servers.com/ here.

Greetings
Ech0

Deleting the FS735.wtf file worked for me.

On 18.02.2022 at 2:30 PM, Crysta said:

Deleting the FS735.wtf file worked for me.

Even after I removed it, nothing changed. Are there any other ways?

Hi Gaskoin

This has been long resolved. Please make a ticket here with a screenshot or the code of the error you are receiving when you try to log in.
I will be locking this topic to prevent further spam on it  as any info regarding it is outdated.

Greetings
Ech0

Archiving this topic.

If this issue persists please make another topic here or if you require support with any technical issue please make a ticket here