Cheshire

What am I doing wrong with skinning?

6 posts in this topic

I learned skinning from the skinning trainer and also have a skinning knife in my inventory, but when I try to skin something with the tag skinnable in orange on it I get the error message "Invalid target"
I'm a new to wow, sorry if this is a dumb question

SMhyecx.thumb.jpg.87f054ba8c2f89bf63aa1ccf2b71ae2f.jpg

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Cheshire said:

I learned skinning from the skinning trainer and also have a skinning knife in my inventory, but when I try to skin something with the tag skinnable in orange on it I get the error message "Invalid target"
I'm a new to wow, sorry if this is a dumb question

SMhyecx.thumb.jpg.87f054ba8c2f89bf63aa1ccf2b71ae2f.jpg

I have the same problem, but only with my Death Knight. Skinning works fine with my Warlock.

Edited by FortyTwo42

I don't know really I think I had the same problem, did you try skinning different animals? Maybe its just problem of the specific NPC type.
I seen on the map skinnable NPCs and when I killed them I couldn't skin them... So maybe it's problem with specific NPCs but idk...

Most animals I skinned I had no problem with...

Same here with my blue cow monk. Guess we need to wait till they fix it.Someone said to me i need to wait till lvl 90 

Edited by Alexe

Having the same issue and submitted a bug tracker for it. My memory of official wow Servers doesn't extend past WotLK, but perhaps it has something to do with the dynamics leveling of the mobs? I'm not sure if that is a native WOW feature or if it was added by Firestorm, but I wouldn't expect to be able to skin the lvl 22 creature with lvl 1 skinning, even if the lettering is orange. My first thought was to go to a beginner zone and find something low level to skill-up on, but my area only had plant and mutation mobs. I didn't start my skinning prof until level 12 and wasn't sure if perhaps that was too late. My other toon started earlier and had no problems... lots of thoughts, no answers.

Archiving this topic.

If this issue persists please make another topic here or if you require support with any technical issue please make a ticket here