ToxicRobbie

bug Disenchantment not giving any materials

10 posts in this topic

When Disenchanting gear, 9 out of 10 times the gear disappears but I don't get any materials for it.

Sadly, low level items are not scripted properly when it comes to DE.

1 person likes this

Ore Prospecting (JC) is bugged in the same exact way.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Sam said:

Sadly, low level items are not scripted properly when it comes to DE.

Do you know at what level (or ilvl) items start to properly disenchant?

Hello,

Most of the low level skills have issues currently (a majority of them in the bc/outland range), it's basically trial and error until you find a good dungeon/mob/item source that works for the mats you require unfortunately. Hopefully @Sam has some tips for you in this area because he is a book when it comes to distraction and diversion content :D

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, ToxicRobbie said:

Do you know at what level (or ilvl) items start to properly disenchant?

I believe they start to work properly (mostly) on WoTLK+ items. So, go ahead and grab WoTLK, MoP, WoD, Legion, and BfA. You can even try Cata, too.

6 hours ago, Alan said:

Hello,

Most of the low level skills have issues currently (a majority of them in the bc/outland range), it's basically trial and error until you find a good dungeon/mob/item source that works for the mats you require unfortunately. Hopefully @Sam has some tips for you in this area because he is a book when it comes to distraction and diversion content :D

I have originally leveled my enchanting on MoP. If ToxicRobbie was on legion, I would have told him to go to Ashran and buy the enchanting book (I believe it is 60 gold worth), and use WoD items to level enchanting to the WoD max, skipping everything else. This works for all crafting professions on legion. Though, on BfA they changed how professions work.

I believe the only way he can get classic / BC mats (that I currently think of), is to set a maximum level in AH, and start buying everything then DE. Without looking at the disenchanting table in the database, I cannot tell which items have a chance to give enchanting materials, sadly.

He can even try to craft old items and DE them, and hope for the best. I do not know if that will work, I have not tried it myself.

1 person likes this

On 9/10/2019 at 10:57 AM, Alan said:

Hello,

will this bug ever be fixed?

17 hours ago, frankmolcas92 said:

will this bug ever be fixed?

It will be eventually, as to when I am unable to provide an answer to.

Are there any news on how to circumvent this issue?

1 person likes this

Achiving this topic.

If this issue persists please make another topic here or if you require support with any technical issue please make a ticket here