8.2 PTR on Firestorm!

44 posts in this topic

is the ptr mac compatible?

i got this error

Jegyzet 2019-10-22 185148.jpg

36 minutes ago, Malvan said:

i got this error

Jegyzet 2019-10-22 185148.jpg

Failed to create can be fixed buy right clicking the your entire folder with the new 820 exe in it and clicking on properties > from there you will want to uncheck read only and apply. 

Once done you'll want to then right click the 820exe and run it as an Administrator, that way it will be able to create the new files needed for the 820 patch. 

If you require further assistance please open a technical support thread as they are checked on a regular basis to provide support. 

http://us.forum.firestorm-servers.com/index.php?/forms/2-technical-support/

Edited by Alan

Will you put back the " weekly reduction of azerite " needed to upgrade the necklace after the 8.2 or will you just sell a higher necklace in the shop ... ? To be honnest, farming 186k azerite at necklace's rank 41 to 42 is pretty boringly long ...

I'm tired.... Your launcher corrupted my files on BFA folder.. first launch 8.2 is working.. after restart ... this is the error now i will have to download this BFA again -_-  hayyyysss and what makes me tired of this. the game download is way tooooooo long !! :( so sad!

Capture.PNG

Edited by 88thking

8 hours ago, 88thking said:

I'm tired.... Your launcher corrupted my files on BFA folder.. first launch 8.2 is working.. after restart ... this is the error now i will have to download this BFA again -_-  hayyyysss and what makes me tired of this. the game download is way tooooooo long !! :( so sad!

That error is common for some users, there are few things you could try, there are guides to resolve that issue on our tutorials&guides section. Also, if you ever get any technical issues, feel free to make a post on the technical support section, here.

So when is the main launch of 8.2?

Any solution for mac users ? 

1 person likes this

After login i have chosen the realm of open ptr and then it just disconnects.

Hello, I am having an issue with the 8.2 PTR. I followed the instructions on the Firestorm site (extracted the .rar in my WoW folder and started the new .exe as admin and waited until it downloaded the new files), the game started and I was able to log in, choose the Open PTR server and get to the character screen. But when I try to enter the world with any of my characters I get an error message (ERROR #132 (0x85100084) on the loading screen. I will provide a screenshot. Is there a way to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Untitled.jpg

I had error 132 as well, u just have to find the right drivers for your graphics card, I have an nvidia Quadro 100m I had to uninstall them and reinstall the latest ones

Hello

-Run as Admin

-uncheck read only

-check graphic card driver but still got this error. help pls

error.jpg

Someone used that 8.2 exe with 8.2.5 from battle.net?

When will be the 8.2.5 patch live after the PTR?

On 3.11.2019 at 0:09 PM, Fask said:

When will be the 8.2.5 patch live after the PTR?

It will be 8.2 not 8.2.5

Ps, another solution for error 132 error for ne was to reinstall the game and start the 8.2 exe first and download all the files and then u can start playing the live version...for some reason that worked for me

On 24/10/2019 at 4:19 PM, Sordnay said:

Any solution for mac users ? 

Please ?

hello is there a full client available for download ?

cause the 8.2 exe file bloated my current client to over 80gb and i think there is alot of tempdata left that isn t needed from the old one.

Add a link to a full client if there is one thats compatible, thanks !