Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Желание

[Declined] World chat search (addition to the chat rules) [In-game]

5 posts in this topic

Title: World chat search (addition to the chat rules)

Type: In-game

Description: 

Hello every1. I'm playing on BfA patch and today I had a nasty experience while my conversation with one russian moderator. The problem was the following: I wrote the following message in ru chat "[Key] tank-heal 385+, dps 380+". Moderator decided that I used foreign language by typing it, but in fact all the words are mostly the same like in russian. It was absolutly clear for every1 in russian chat that I am looking for tank, healer and dps with specific ilvl. Moderator kicked me from ru chat, and then gave me a mute for 30 mins, his agrument was that he is following the rules. The truth is that our server is not so huge and the player has to search for party memebers in foreign chats.

So, my suggestion:
Add to the chat rules the following phrase : It's allowed to use internationally exepted terms for party search "tank, healer, dps and their analogs in foreign langueage". It will help people to find groups faster and wont let moderators to take their own desicion regarding international terms in local chats. Currently, each moderator can decide if he wanna kick or mute the player for international word or not, even if it's not a case at all. For example, the english phrase "tank or healer," spanish people would say "tank y healer", russians say "танк или хилер", which is very close to each other and every1 may understand about whom we are speaking about. This is especially actual topic for BfA or Legion because people there are constantly looking for party members for keys.

Or start using Premade groups.

hqdefault.jpg

I have a better suggestion, gamemasters should kick you, then give you a mute on the second offense, only.

1 person likes this

No, just because they look similar in your opinion it's still not correct. Use the correct languages for each channel, if you want to use other channels use google translate and copy and paste or make a macro it's not hard. If you give people and inch (in this case letting things slide because they look English, Spanish, Russian ect..) they will always take a mile and we might as well just migrate them into world_earth. 

The world chat rules are in-place to keep a positive and enjoyable atmosphere for everyone as some people wish to have a conversation or ask general questions rather than seeing people spamming keys in every single chat, as Sketter mentioned above if people start using group finder others will follow. 

Greetings,

We are not really going to make a specific channel for it. I know that words like "Dps, Heal or Tank" shouldn't be taken as a foreign language because they're popular but we have GMs for each language and it's up to them if they want to allow it in their chat or not, so you either translate it or use word_en to avoid this.

Regards,
Administrator Otacon.