Pantoufle

End of PVP Season 1 on BFA

24 posts in this topic

News forum S1 BFA ENDING EN.png

The current PVP season on Sethraliss, our BFA realm will end on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019 at 06:00 PM (server time). The ladder will be frozen at this point, and we will proceed to the usual end of season checks for wintrades. The rewards will be given the following week (an announcement will be made when they are done, do not worry!).
A brief interseason will then take place, while we wait for the Season 2 to begin, which will be on the 8.2 client coming soon!

The rewards will be distributed to 2v2 and 3v3 regardless of the factions (since 2v2 is our most active ladder, we're extending rewards in this bracket.)
Please note that you need at least 50 games played to be eligible for rewards, and that depending on the state of the ladder post-check, the thresholds may be changed. (If they do, we will update this post)

Here is the list of rewards for 2v2:

Here are the rewards for 3v3:

BlueLine.png

Unlike previous expansions, the other titles & achievements for Combatant, Challenger, Rival & Duelist are given automatically to players during the season on both brackets, and the Gladiator one is given automatically on the 3v3 bracket.

Good luck and congratulations to all participants.

In the whole history of wow, and even in privet servers, there has never ever been this rule of acquiring the Rank 1 title just by playing 2vs2 arena which, in BFA expansion, is not as skill dependent as in any other expansion, it is more of gear dependent. The problem here is that players can just buy the best gear, with sockets in them, in the game with money (which is understandable) and even add 3rd states (speed, avoidance and leech) to the bought gear which makes the player almost guarenteed to get high rating in arena just by knowing the pve rotation and just the basics of pvp (such as Dispelling and Diminishing returns) and no skills at all. The fact that you are rewarding those players with Gladiator title is somehow understandable (since a lot of people play 2vs2). However, rewarding them with Rank 1 title as well is just really not acceptable, since it just destroys the effort put in 3vs3 arenas by real pvp players that have been waiting in queu for hours just to play few game (since there aren't people playing 3vs3 because it is much harder than 2vs2 and a lot more skill dependent). I believe that this act of rewarding rank 1 title is extremely unfair because it puts real pvp players, that spend a lot of time playing 3vs3 arenas, and casual players with best gear in the game and just a small pvp knowledge in the same place. I truly hope that you might reconsider this rewarding system, since the rank 1 title is one of the hardest titles that can be acquired because it requires way more effort and time.

6 people like this

u normally? 

You play 3x3 for days, wait for the registration for 15-20min for +1 rating and are you proud of it? With your pvp skill level? Call yourself a pvp player? 
Watching your arena log, the last 40 games you got at + 3-5 ratings, do you play against the weakest players and ask that they give you a title of only 3x3 for this? 
Once again, ask your question. Are You Normal?)

Edited by Validub
1 person likes this

@Validub

We played vs the best in this server when everyone was queuing and we had back and forth games against them and it was fun as hell. But nowadays no one s queing. But you still need to play your weekly games so that your rating wont drop. That's why we play queu for hours just to get those few games. In other words, we play just so we wont drop, and not to gain rating. If you are worried about my team's skill, you can go check the history and go way back when high rated people were playing and see the wins and loses ratio.

Edited by WolfYas
3 people like this

Tipical of firestorm saying that gladiator title can be obtained in 2s at the last week, after i stopped playing and my rating dropped from 2.9k to 2.6k just by -30 from weekly dropoff, btw thats ridiculus, gladiator title should be only from 3s. And be removed from people who bought the title in other servers and transferred here. 

Edited by sonopro98

Remove r1 title from 2s ffs

2s in bfa is doesnt require much skill in comparison to 3s, and the R1 title is not something you should be getting just by farming or buying gear and know pve rotation. it s the best title a pvp player can get. Therefore it should never be acquired from 2vs2 arena. As for the +2/ +1 rating per game, that is just so we wont drop, since FS implimented this bs system in which u drop -30pts if u dont play a whole week. Which means that the aim here is not to drop, instead of gaining more.

Edited by mcscatch

3s players did their rating against 1k6 teams for +1 +1 +2 everytime, the 3s wasn't active, only at the start. Just 2-3 teams was queing on it. For you all that talking about gear, almost EVERY players after 2k3 in 2s are 385+ and they are struggling because they are not good at all. We queued a lot of full gear guys and saw that they was bad at all. For myself i did 3k with 360 ilvl and i haven't got the last traits, my team mate was just 380. You have no excuses, just learn how to pvp. If you want a perfectly balanced pvp stop crying and go on the PTR to report the bugs. 

@Coucoucmoi
We got to +2.3k rating by winning teams with high rating, some of them reported us for wintrading because we climbed so fast, but we just won most of them and got rating quickly. So we didnt get to the current rating just by winning +1/+2 ever since the begining. And you are totally missing the point here. My point is that Rank 1 title MUST BE acquired from 3s because it s should be the hardest title a pvp player can get, and getting high rating in 2s is not as hard as 3s. Hope you understand.

1 person likes this

Guys chill, its only title on free server. So if you have title on FS = title on random XY other free server = 0 (zero)

Why?: Because: P2 win players + Bugs + low population (4000 ppls is low vs retail) = absolutly unbalanced pvp in game. 
(What is diferent on retail you play everytime vs other combo.. here you can play 7x vs the same team... only on top rating on retail you play vs the same team 3K+- rating.  Here you play on 2K rating for win is +5 on retail is +20... and FS super system: automaticaly drop rating :D:D:D this is /fcepalm because you play 40 games for +1=+40 rating one week do not play and your rating is -40 .... super motivation for playning pvp)

Someone is happy for title and reward on FS (or other free server) but respect is only for title on retail. 

this is why is pvp title on free server is trash

xDDDDDDDDD mimimimimi best title ever my ass...if ques werent so fucked up..no ques in 3s..in 2s literally almost no ques too...and if yes then u have to do 50 games to get 50 Rating and im talking about some low rating 2.6k ....that was the right call to give titles in 2s cause nobody plays 3s use Brain please...the only mistake was to make such a call 1 week before season ends...but anybody who plays here more than 1year should know that firestorm does not handle things like this good...so cba what ever they gonna do..normally they should postone the season end but that wont ever happen here 

We have always given the rewards on the most active bracket.
Last season on Legion we even only gave rewards in 2s because 3s weren't active at all.

This is a private server, we don't have the same population as retail, hence the need to adapt. Sorry that it disappoints you.

Although, your complain about us advising you at the last moment has been heard, we'll indicate that for the season 2, rewards will be given in both brackets. (provided both are active enough, again)

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that if you wish to help the server, in PVP for instance you are free to apply as QA: you will then be able to report bugs, and discuss with developers / admins about what could be improved. Whining on those kinds of posts doesn't do anything good.

Pantoufle

1 person likes this

Actually after dat post, you as staff, killed 3s with 3 words i suggest some admins and devlopers to remove drop rating and put arena spectator. BTW mop have 1/4 of bfa population but you still give titles only in 3s LOGIC.

Agree with removing decay system in 3s, cause it does not make any sense at all. There is barely any random que, and its almost impossible to get capped in 3s nowadays.

Removing the decay in 3v3 will make it so even less people will tag.

It will also allow some people to secure a high rating at the beginning of the season, never to play again (so it becomes impossible for them to lose rating).

I'm not sure it's a good idea.

1 person likes this

how to fix Decay and make people play 3s.

( alot of the top players quit duing wod season 3 // Legion // BFA because there wasnt an instant 120 server where people could play pvp without doing PVE (since alot of people either dont have time or people dont like pve)

- make an instant 120 server, give them lets say 350 gear and let them grind through pvp arena.

-its easy to do

- alot of people will start to play PvP again trust me.

- WoD Tournament was the best thing you guys did, there was alot of 2s/3s queues every single day. Also, the community was good.

Now there is literally no 3v3 queues at all, the community is bad, people quitting since they have to level & gear up through pve.

Edited by Theisemma1234
2 people like this

I suggest a PvP / Arena realm, with these characteristics :

- Instant LvL 120

- Instant neck level 35 ( or whichever level insures the availability of azerite traits)

- A progressive gearing system (based on gear vendors selling gear with different item stat combos) that is built around personal rating and token points per win (like MoP conquest system) for example :

• 360 ilvl for fresh characters
  • 370 ilvl for a certain amount of rating and token points (eg: 1500 rating and 1X token amount)
  • 380 ilvl for higher amounts of token points and rating (eg: 1800 rating and 1.5X token amount)
  • 390 ilvl.....ect ect

- Cross-realm Arenas/Pvp with Sethraliss

- 3v3 Tournament events organised by the staff, with encouraging rewards (old gladiator titles/mounts, shop points, rares gifts...ect)

I have played in a private BfA server that had systems like this and it was an active pvp community while i played.

This should give rise to higher participation in 3s, if combined with the early announcement that 2v2 arenas won't give any rewards at the end of the season.

With server encouragement and arena events, the 3v3 bracket can flourish, and should, since it's the only competitive arena bracket.

3 people like this

remove Decay ...

Y'all are a bunch of crybabies, you've to grind to get your bis gear, deal with it. 

Welcome to BFA.

Who really cares about those titles, you can now purchase them on the shop "Sinister gladiator" and Dreadful gladiator", this server is a joke..

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, coucoucmoi said:

???
that's why you was hardstuck 2k3~ the last time we saw you on the server

I haven't queud on that server in over a year but sure

3 hours ago, Damzad said:

you can now purchase them on the shop "Sinister gladiator" and Dreadful gladiator", this server is a joke..

That was just a bug they are removed and removed from players

22 minutes ago, coucoucmoi said:

That was just a bug they are removed and removed from players

Are you sure about that ? I can still the titles on the shop tho